Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 122

Thread: Bachmann: Health care law contains $105 billion in hidden pre-approved spending

  1. #61
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bachmann: Health care law contains $105 billion in hidden pre-approved spending

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Very clever how you failed to address the first point about Elmendorf....And to think of it your mish mash of words here really addresses nothing.....Sorry Boo, I am not going on one of your obtuse word playing games today.


    Stay straight forward will you?


    j-mac
    Keep reading.

    Not a game j. A lie is either a lie or it isn't. You can't detect bias because the number are not exactly equal. Neither number nor quality of lie is ever an exact equal 50/50 split. You use the bias whine to cloud the fact that there was a misrepresentation.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #62
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Bachmann: Health care law contains $105 billion in hidden pre-approved spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Oh, j, about Elmendorf. Speaking to the president is not equal to being threatened. Throwing out the thug thing without any evidence is kind of silly. Just saying . . .
    Rolling Stone didn't think so...They described it as Elmendorf being outnumbered 10 to 1.....Now, neither of us can say definitively what went on in that room, but I am sure they weren't congratulating him on his numbers, seeing as how Elemendorf emerged and all of the sudden HC was a budget savings rather than the loser it was before the meeting...So do me a favor and keep your 'all things equal' garbage will ya, we can tell how that went just fine.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #63
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Bachmann: Health care law contains $105 billion in hidden pre-approved spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Keep reading.

    Not a game j. A lie is either a lie or it isn't. You can't detect bias because the number are not exactly equal. Neither number nor quality of lie is ever an exact equal 50/50 split. You use the bias whine to cloud the fact that there was a misrepresentation.

    Oh Bull ****! Quit excuse making.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #64
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Bachmann: Health care law contains $105 billion in hidden pre-approved spending

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Rolling Stone didn't think so...They described it as Elmendorf being outnumbered 10 to 1.....Now, neither of us can say definitively what went on in that room, but I am sure they weren't congratulating him on his numbers, seeing as how Elemendorf emerged and all of the sudden HC was a budget savings rather than the loser it was before the meeting...So do me a favor and keep your 'all things equal' garbage will ya, we can tell how that went just fine.

    j-mac
    So you admit you can't prove anything. Ok! Have a nice day.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bachmann: Health care law contains $105 billion in hidden pre-approved spending

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Rolling Stone didn't think so...They described it as Elmendorf being outnumbered 10 to 1.....Now, neither of us can say definitively what went on in that room, but I am sure they weren't congratulating him on his numbers, seeing as how Elemendorf emerged and all of the sudden HC was a budget savings rather than the loser it was before the meeting...So do me a favor and keep your 'all things equal' garbage will ya, we can tell how that went just fine.

    j-mac
    Again, it doesn't matter what someone thinks. If someone thought Bush was the devil, would that be good enough for you? You have to stop with the conspiracy nonsense and actually provide evidence, and more than someone thought.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bachmann: Health care law contains $105 billion in hidden pre-approved spending

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh Bull ****! Quit excuse making.

    j-mac
    j, you're the only making excuses. You're trying to excuse the lies from your side. As long as they are lies, you can't excuse them by whining about bias.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #67
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Bachmann: Health care law contains $105 billion in hidden pre-approved spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    So you admit you can't prove anything. Ok! Have a nice day.
    Careful of the standards you chose Deuce....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #68
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Bachmann: Health care law contains $105 billion in hidden pre-approved spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    j, you're the only making excuses. You're trying to excuse the lies from your side. As long as they are lies, you can't excuse them by whining about bias.
    Not at all. And I am not playing semantics with you Joe.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #69
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Bachmann: Health care law contains $105 billion in hidden pre-approved spending

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not at all. And I am not playing semantics with you Joe.


    j-mac
    But you are making excuses.



    Now, to Elmendorf:

    Elmendorf said President Obama asked him and other outside experts for their “views about achieving cost savings in health reform. I presented CBO’s assessment of the challenges of reducing federal health outlays and improving the long-term budget outlook while simultaneously expanding health insurance coverage..”

    He said those in the meeting also discussed “various policy options that could produce budgetary savings in the long run.” He described why last week he assessed the health care legislation offered by Senate Democrats as failing in the president’s stated goal of bending the cost curve of health care. “In the legislation that has been reported we do not see the sort of fundamental changes that would be necessary to reduce the trajectory of federal health spending by a significant amount,” Elmendorf testified last week. “And on the contrary, the legislation significantly expands the federal responsibility for health care costs.”

    Republicans Assail President Obama Meeting with Congressional Budget Office Director As Inappropriate - Political Punch

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #70
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,326

    Re: Bachmann: Health care law contains $105 billion in hidden pre-approved spending

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    But you are making excuses.



    Now, to Elmendorf:

    Elmendorf said President Obama asked him and other outside experts for their “views about achieving cost savings in health reform. I presented CBO’s assessment of the challenges of reducing federal health outlays and improving the long-term budget outlook while simultaneously expanding health insurance coverage..”

    He said those in the meeting also discussed “various policy options that could produce budgetary savings in the long run.” He described why last week he assessed the health care legislation offered by Senate Democrats as failing in the president’s stated goal of bending the cost curve of health care. “In the legislation that has been reported we do not see the sort of fundamental changes that would be necessary to reduce the trajectory of federal health spending by a significant amount,” Elmendorf testified last week. “And on the contrary, the legislation significantly expands the federal responsibility for health care costs.”

    Republicans Assail President Obama Meeting with Congressional Budget Office Director As Inappropriate - Political Punch
    That's all fine and dandy if you didn't have things like this 105 billion, and other things coming out now after the fact Joe. Look, If you want to play like everything is on the up and up because its your guy in the WH now, fine, I understand that. But let's have a little perspective here shall we?

    During a hearing on Capitol Hill Thursday, the secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) admitted to double-counting in the Obamacare budget.

    In her first appearance before the House Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee since the health-care law passed, Kathleen Sebelius responded to a line of questioning by Republican Rep. John Shimkus of Illinois about whether $500 billion in Medicare cuts were used to sustain the program or pay for the law.

    “There is an issue here on the budget because your own actuary has said you can’t double-count,” said Shimkus. “You can’t count — they’re attacking Medicare on the CR when their bill, your law, cut $500 billion from Medicare.”

    He continued: “Then you’re also using the same $500 billion to what? Say your funding health care. Your own actuary says you can’t do both. […] What’s the $500 billion in cuts for? Preserving Medicare or funding the health-care law?

    Sebelius’ reply? “Both.”

    Obamacare Cost | HHS Director Admits Double Counting Funds | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

    You can not tell me that there is a lot of dishonesty surrounding this crap.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •