Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 612

Thread: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

  1. #421
    Student doctorhugo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You have some issues bro, some serious issues...

    I don't know what your beef with me is...

    But I suggest you take some therapy when it comes to your fear of communists and marxists, for they have no hold in the US.
    You keep saying that like when you suggested a "personal attack". The only serious issue I have is that when someone, anyone...posts rants like you do I call them on it. You've still failed to step up to the mark and only complain. In fact, you've posted that you are not an American. Does that mean you're not an American citizen, born here OR naturalized? I don't get why you think that's relevant, unless you honestly believe that NOT BEING an American gives you some kind of special status to take potshots whenever you want to and not justify anything you say with comments based in demonstrable fact. The only thing on your side is that this country hasn't YET been overthrown by radicals. As I suggested earlier, if most people had your dismissive attitude of perceived and real threats it would have already happened.
    "Ignorance confuses. Knowledge mediates. Truth resolves." (doctorhugo)

  2. #422
    Student doctorhugo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Marshabar View Post
    I think Beck is usually right and he has been very effective in bringing Barack Obama's administration to light, which has helped to slow down his move to "fundamentally transform" our country. Some Socialist czars have had to go. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I believe he is helping Obama to keep his promise of transparency.

    He is for me, however, VERY difficult to watch or listen to. I can only take small doses.
    Welcome Marshabar. Great and openly frank and honest first post. I disagree with the last line, but that's just fine. I can deal with an honest difference of opinion.
    "Ignorance confuses. Knowledge mediates. Truth resolves." (doctorhugo)

  3. #423
    Educator
    Amazed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    North of Dorothy's Home.
    Last Seen
    04-30-15 @ 10:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,001

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    At times the doom and gloom is hard to take day after day, doesn't mean that isn't occuring...but still need a break from it at times.


    Quote Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
    Welcome Marshabar. Great and openly frank and honest first post. I disagree with the last line, but that's just fine. I can deal with an honest difference of opinion.
    Obama is NOT 50 feet tall, he is ONE inch deep.
    Mark Levin

  4. #424
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
    You keep saying that like when you suggested a "personal attack". The only serious issue I have is that when someone, anyone...posts rants like you do I call them on it. You've still failed to step up to the mark and only complain. In fact, you've posted that you are not an American. Does that mean you're not an American citizen, born here OR naturalized? I don't get why you think that's relevant, unless you honestly believe that NOT BEING an American gives you some kind of special status to take potshots whenever you want to and not justify anything you say with comments based in demonstrable fact. The only thing on your side is that this country hasn't YET been overthrown by radicals. As I suggested earlier, if most people had your dismissive attitude of perceived and real threats it would have already happened.
    Look man, all you've done is post a whad of ranting, and useless information at my feet about various people Obama knew, once associated with, hit articles on people in the white house and none of it proves that Communists are poised to take over the US government and then expect me to be converted to your train of thought...

    In fact that very thinking is so far removed from reality I really don't see the need to refute it because it's plain to see it's untrue...

    This red scare mentality you seem to have goes against everything history knows about communist take overs.

    There needs to be a certain amount of conditions for a communist revolution to take place, no communist regime that ever came to power did so peacefully and democratically, in fact the communist manifesto itself demands that the revolution be a violent one.

    As opposed to socialism which generally speaking prefers to do it by non-violent means such as through democratic channels such as voting...

    None of the conditions that existed in China, former Soviet Russia, Cambodia, Laos, North Korea, Cuba or pretty much any Communist country to my knowledge exist in the United States of America to support an overwhelming, and completely transformative government of a Communist nature and it never will.

    Because in case you forgot, all the people who are required for a revolution (I.E. citizens with guns) are conservatives

  5. #425
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did not say you where wrong. Other people being wrong does not make Conservative right however. Your bringing it is was either a random smeer or an attempt to deflect.
    You obviously do not understand the concept of 'parallels'. Pity.

  6. #426
    Student doctorhugo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Last Seen
    02-10-17 @ 01:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    263

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Fine Jetboogieman! You stay with your belief as a "Soldier of Hope" and I'll stay with mine. That "Hope" ain't workin' out too good is it! Your comments assume that people who want to change this very system of government are so stupid that they'll follow a plan that has historically resulted in eventual failure. That they'll announce their intentions and say...Get ready...Here we come. Oh sure...violent overthrow of the government that alienates the population. Here, though you choose to ignore that there is a seduction of the people by those seeking control. I've noted the divide and conquer strategy of class envy and pitting one group against the other. Do you think it's mere coincidence that American non-union workers now despise American union workers? You don't care, you're not an American. I cant do anything about that. You're so brazenly confident that all is just honky-dorey.

    Take a personal challenge and start with the Obama's parents and his dysfunctional paental upbringing and both parents political lineage, grandparents the same, all close associates in his formative yeas the same, his Chicago friends/associates the same. The same being all radicals of one stripe or another that are hostile to our form of government in America and OUR way of life. This bum Obama never associated with or knew any normal and contented, happy Americans. You read my other posts wherein I added enough link references to make my valid points and still you're in denial. You likely also see nothing unusual with this administration being in bed with the biggest unions and simultaneously speading about stimulus $$$s to all the corrupt Wall Street criminal element. The "useful fools". Just great.
    "Ignorance confuses. Knowledge mediates. Truth resolves." (doctorhugo)

  7. #427
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,422
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    How do you know people listen to Beck? Really. How do you know?

    .
    Well I can tell because there are various talking points, concepts, beliefs, positions, etc., that all come straight out of the right wing propaganda firehose.

    That right wing bias you just can't find anywhere else.

    Which would be fine if their consumers were aware of the tools being used on them. Alas, such is not the case.

    But that's "The Topic That Shall Not Be Discussed!", apparently.

    Never mind...
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  8. #428
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Well I can tell because there are various talking points, concepts, beliefs, positions, etc., that all come straight out of the right wing propaganda firehose.

    That right wing bias you just can't find anywhere else.

    Which would be fine if their consumers were aware of the tools being used on them. Alas, such is not the case.

    But that's "The Topic That Shall Not Be Discussed!", apparently.

    Never mind...
    Do you believe that people are smart enough to watch current events and put 2 and 2 together, or must everyone be "told" what to think? Or better yet are you one who believes that it is only the right whom is led by pundits? Maybe some serious projection going on here.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #429
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
    Fine Jetboogieman! You stay with your belief as a "Soldier of Hope" and I'll stay with mine. That "Hope" ain't workin' out too good is it! Your comments assume that people who want to change this very system of government are so stupid that they'll follow a plan that has historically resulted in eventual failure. That they'll announce their intentions and say...Get ready...Here we come. Oh sure...violent overthrow of the government that alienates the population. Here, though you choose to ignore that there is a seduction of the people by those seeking control. I've noted the divide and conquer strategy of class envy and pitting one group against the other. Do you think it's mere coincidence that American non-union workers now despise American union workers? You don't care, you're not an American. I cant do anything about that. You're so brazenly confident that all is just honky-dorey.
    Recent polls show you are wrong.


    Take a personal challenge and start with the Obama's parents and his dysfunctional paental upbringing and both parents political lineage, grandparents the same, all close associates in his formative yeas the same, his Chicago friends/associates the same. The same being all radicals of one stripe or another that are hostile to our form of government in America and OUR way of life. This bum Obama never associated with or knew any normal and contented, happy Americans. You read my other posts wherein I added enough link references to make my valid points and still you're in denial. You likely also see nothing unusual with this administration being in bed with the biggest unions and simultaneously speading about stimulus $$$s to all the corrupt Wall Street criminal element. The "useful fools". Just great.
    Dude, you don't know what you are talking about -the stimulus funds didn't go to Wall Street.


  10. #430
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Recent polls show you are wrong.

    Which liberal push polls are you citing? Rember to show the internals when you back up your statement here...


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •