Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 612

Thread: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

  1. #401
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So it's not just capitalism you don't understand, it's the constitution too. Hint: the right to free speech comes from the government, and only applies to the government. Private businesses can limit free speech, such as this board not allowing hate speech and employers wgho don't allow their workers to talk about politics.
    Being very liberal is a leaning that is understated. why don't you answer the question? What is it about liberalism that creates such a following that they have selective use of "Freedom of Speech" as apparently it doesn't apply to Beck or anyone else that refutes the liberal ideology? I would love for you to explain capitalism to me since you claim I have no understanding of the concept.

  2. #402
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    There where specific websites set up to get Letterman and Gregory fired, where is the effort to get Glenn Beck fired?

    In my opinion, if Glenn Beck's contract is not renewed by Fox it will be about politics and not his ratings; especially since we'll be going into the presidential elections.
    Here's part of the effort to get Beck and Fox news shut down by liberals who want to shut them up. I'll wait for your list of conservatives against Gregory and Letterman. Honestly I only remember 20 or so Palin fans picketing letterman, and I have no idea what Gregory ever did. Seems like a fair guy to me.

    StopBeck.com: Home of Stop Glenn Beck Effort «
    Stop Beck | Facebook
    Stop Glenn Beck (StopBeck) on Twitter
    Stopbeckcom
    www.Stopbeck.com
    http://www.youtube.com/user/StopBeck
    Olbermann: We Have To 'Legally Stop' Glenn Beck | NewsBusters.org
    Daily Kos: StopBeck.com - they're already doing it, join them
    (2011/02/25) F*ck you, Glenn Beck: Frances Fox Piven and Stop Beck | Citizen Radio
    Stopbeck.com - Bing
    LGF Pages - Glenn Beck dropped from the radio dial in Madison, WI
    Using Beck's Logic, We Discover His Ties To The KKK | Media Matters for America
    Michele Bachmann Compares Healthcare To A Disney World Vacation!*|*Shut Fox News Lies Down
    After Discussing Cory Booker, Glenn Beck says: “You got it going on. Word to your mommy.”*|*Shut Fox News Lies Down
    Fox News Boycott | FNC truth, lies and advertisers exposed!
    Fox News Boycott | Glenn Beck
    Beck boycott continues; will advertisers drop commentary shows? - - POLITICO.com
    Boycott FOX News Advertisers | Democrats.com
    Advertisers Wimp Out: ‘Boycott’ Glenn Beck, But Stay On Fox News | Mediaite
    Apple boycotts Fox News because of Glenn Beck
    News Corpse » The Glenn Beck/Fox News Boycott Goes International:
    Glenn Beck on the Brink: An Ad Boycott May Finally Have Burned His Bridges With Fox | BNET
    UPDATED 5X: The Glenn Beck/Fox Boycott is Working!! - Democratic Underground
    Washington Post: 200+ Companies Boycott Glenn Beck’s Program
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #403
    Student Marshabar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    11-09-13 @ 10:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    293

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    I think Beck is usually right and he has been very effective in bringing Barack Obama's administration to light, which has helped to slow down his move to "fundamentally transform" our country. Some Socialist czars have had to go. That's a good thing as far as I'm concerned. I believe he is helping Obama to keep his promise of transparency.

    He is for me, however, VERY difficult to watch or listen to. I can only take small doses.

  4. #404
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Being very liberal is a leaning that is understated. why don't you answer the question? What is it about liberalism that creates such a following that they have selective use of "Freedom of Speech" as apparently it doesn't apply to Beck or anyone else that refutes the liberal ideology? I would love for you to explain capitalism to me since you claim I have no understanding of the concept.
    Beck has, and will have even if he is fired, the exact same freedom of speech that he is garunteed under the constitution. Your failure to understand the first amendment is hilarious.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #405
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Beck has, and will have even if he is fired, the exact same freedom of speech that he is garunteed under the constitution. Your failure to understand the first amendment is hilarious.
    Glad to give you a good laugh just like you do for me. Boycotting Beck Groups are about silencing someone who refutes their ideology and of course Beck has done nothing wrong. Says a lot about you and thanks for the good laugh as most liberals give us all.

  6. #406
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Glad to give you a good laugh just like you do for me. Boycotting Beck Groups are about silencing someone who refutes their ideology and of course Beck has done nothing wrong. Says a lot about you and thanks for the good laugh as most liberals give us all.
    No they are not. They are saying that FOX should not give him a platform for his views(not a right). He can still express his views.

    Look at it this way, is FOX denying me my free speech right by not giving me a show? If not, then boycotting Beck is not trying to remove his rights.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #407
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    pretty sure if we look in the multitude of Olbermann threads, we'll see various liberal posters in here claiming firing him was restricting his freedom of speech.

    His platform was taken away, not his rights... same with the Beck boycott crowd. Should Beck find himself sans tv show, he's still free, just like Olbermann, to express his views on whatever he wants... he'd simply have to find a new platform to do so... just like Olbermann supposedly is with that low-rent position he took (but has yet to make use of).

  8. #408
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No they are not. They are saying that FOX should not give him a platform for his views(not a right). He can still express his views.

    Look at it this way, is FOX denying me my free speech right by not giving me a show? If not, then boycotting Beck is not trying to remove his rights.
    They have no say in what a private entity does unless they are shareholders of News Corp. Private business doesn't take orders from leftwing loons. You can boycott Beck by turning off the TV.

  9. #409
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    pretty sure if we look in the multitude of Olbermann threads, we'll see various liberal posters in here claiming firing him was restricting his freedom of speech.

    His platform was taken away, not his rights... same with the Beck boycott crowd. Should Beck find himself sans tv show, he's still free, just like Olbermann, to express his views on whatever he wants... he'd simply have to find a new platform to do so... just like Olbermann supposedly is with that low-rent position he took (but has yet to make use of).
    If any one claimed Olbermann's rights where taken away, they where wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #410
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They have no say in what a private entity does unless they are shareholders of News Corp. Private business doesn't take orders from leftwing loons. You can boycott Beck by turning off the TV.
    They are not telling a private entity what to do. They are saying that if that private entity takes an action, then they will respond with an action. Boycotts are perfectly legal and used by people of all political persuasions. They are not taking or attempting to take any ones rights away.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •