Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 612

Thread: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

  1. #311
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,355

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    He IS on vacation this week.......hmmmmmmm.....


  2. #312
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Mellie View Post
    He IS on vacation this week.......hmmmmmmm.....

    Oh, here we go....more speculation....You do realize that when he comes back you'll look pretty foolish for implying this right?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  3. #313
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I would like to see what you can come up with when you aren't being pre-programmed full of pablum by Beck.
    Perhaps you could have replied to the comment Conservative made about being intolerant. Instead we get more diversionary drool from the spigot.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  4. #314
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    First off thanks for the reasoned reply, and I'll try and take parts which I disagree with and see if we can't come to a conclusion about this....

    1st. I am certainly not saying that all the sponsors that Jones/Soros have been sucessful in either bullying, or scaring into pulling their ads from Beck/FNC are liberals, but I do know that for instance, Progressive Insurance?

    Peter Lewis is a huge lib, and is on record of supporting many progressive, liberal causes. snopes.com: Progressive Insurance - Peter Lewis Donations

    2nd. Beck apologized on Air several times for this racist charge. However, it is telling that even after a real apology, not one like what demo's love to give where they say 'if anyone was offended....' crap, Beck actually apologized and said he was wrong to say that.



    However, even after multiple apologies the liberal left continues to bash with that statement. In an honest discussion don't you as a liberal have to say that if you want me as a conservative to consider the message that Obama, or any other liberal says honestly, then you too have to do that?

    3rd. It isn't just Beck, or fans of Beck's show that would like to see the US kick the UN out, and look for a more honest body to have this type of say in the world is it now. I could point to Libertarians, Conservatives, and Democrats alike that believe this.




    In the bottom line, Beck may or may not be losing revenue, and that is for the heads at Fox to decide ultimately whether or not having Beck fill a slot is what they want. It is their business. My problem is with things like the OP that seem to be aiding this "boycott" movement by printing an article based on nothing but pure speculation, using another liberal slanted outlet as their source. Then they come to fill the holes in the story by using what they deem "un named sources"....Well, my BS meter goes off the chart when I see that, and the frothing at the mouth libs that hate anything that doesn't echo their ideology instantly jump on as if it's true.....

    There is little fact here and much speculation....In fact the objective truth we can bring from this is Roger Ailes



    Sounds to me like he is defending Beck, and supports his show.

    Until we hear otherwise, and not from un named sources, and liberal media collaborating with each other as information sources, more wishful op ed, than reporting then I will maintain that Beck is going nowhere.


    j-mac


    Roger Ailes was awesome in that video. He told'em, especially Arianna Huffington
    Thanks, that made my day.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  5. #315
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    You are quite dishonest.
    Really?? I'm dishonest ?? Are you actually trying to claim that you didn't edit your post after my reply ???

    You do know that edits and posts have time stamps don't you ??

    Based on my observations of your posts over the years, I'm not surprised that you have a muddled perception of honesty.


    The statistics support the facts:

    Glenn Beck



    Do you have any evidence to refute these numbers? Or are you just going to keep trolling?
    The liberal rags you insist on quoting are NOT unbiased sources. If you can't show any REAL evidence that Beck's show has lost revenue, then give it up. You've already proven to everyone that you are not honest.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  6. #316
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Slightly off topic, but everyone here is aware that the Citizens United decision was all about preventing boycotts based on political contributions, right?

    If corporations are "persons", and money is "speech", then it seems it would follow that boycotts are "speech" as well.

    But not according to the Roberts Supreme Court.

    I personally disagree that corporate entities are "persons" as they cannot be subjected to the same sanctions as a person. No prison or execution, etc.. But I REALLY disagree that they should be allowed to contribute millions anonymously.

    That's WAY to much like not being allowed to know your kids toys are being made in China with lead paint. Because you might not buy them.

    If you make a lot of money off the gay community, maybe you shouldn't donate large sums to political campaigns that seek to limit their rights, or at least accept the loss of business that might result, instead of begging the courts to shield you from the consequences of your actions.

    If money is speech, then "voting with your dollars" is identical to campaign contributions.

    The Citizens United decision upholds unlimited political contributions for business, while thwarting the possible consequence of a boycott.

    I feel it's perfectly reasonable for EITHER side to boycott businesses that contribute to their opponents.

    What's good for the boss is good for the gander.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  7. #317
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,284
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by What if...? View Post
    Slightly off topic, but everyone here is aware that the Citizens United decision was all about preventing boycotts based on political contributions, right?

    If corporations are "persons", and money is "speech", then it seems it would follow that boycotts are "speech" as well.

    But not according to the Roberts Supreme Court.

    I personally disagree that corporate entities are "persons" as they cannot be subjected to the same sanctions as a person. No prison or execution, etc.. But I REALLY disagree that they should be allowed to contribute millions anonymously.

    That's WAY to much like not being allowed to know your kids toys are being made in China with lead paint. Because you might not buy them.

    If you make a lot of money off the gay community, maybe you shouldn't donate large sums to political campaigns that seek to limit their rights, or at least accept the loss of business that might result, instead of begging the courts to shield you from the consequences of your actions.

    If money is speech, then "voting with your dollars" is identical to campaign contributions.

    The Citizens United decision upholds unlimited political contributions for business, while thwarting the possible consequence of a boycott.

    I feel it's perfectly reasonable for EITHER side to boycott businesses that contribute to their opponents.

    What's good for the boss is good for the gander.
    Please create a new thread on this, and when you do, please document some of these claims. It's the first I have heard of that claim.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #318
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    12,419
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    I'll do that. The only reason I brought it up here was because of the talk about boycotts, whether they are an appropriate response to consumer displeasure.
    Anyone wondering what I'm talking about start here:
    The Psychology of Persuasion

  9. #319
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    03-11-11 @ 10:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    75

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Nothing wrong with political commentators. Better a conservative loudmouth like Beck then a dumbass liberal.

  10. #320
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,284
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmdr Sheppard View Post
    Nothing wrong with political commentators. Better a conservative loudmouth like Beck then a dumbass liberal.
    I went through about 5 replies to this, but then I realized just letting the irony of this post speak for itself is enough.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 32 of 62 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •