Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 612

Thread: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

  1. #301
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Hey, suggest you sell your News Corp stock then.
    Why? They are, as you showed, profitable. Their profit is a red herring to all this. Did you know that profitable businesses sometimes have unprofitable divisions? It's true!
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #302
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Boycott MSNBC petition

    It just was not very successful.

    Or maybe it was...


    Did you read the comments about the whole boycott idea. I saw only one or two that thought it was a good idea at all. Most are like this..

    Boycott MSNBC petition
    Jaysus, why even bother?

    I thought we were already boycotting MSNBC. Nobody watches that drivel, not even Democrats
    .
    I strongly support a boycott of MSNBC.
    I have already programmed my cable box to delete any access to MSNBC (as well as CNN and the 3 network state-run media).

    Correct - the old saw in politics - when a man is killing himself, donít help him.

    Let the kooks have MSNBC. America needs to see how stupid these people are, and maybe if more people realize the kooks for what they are, the more energized and ative they will become in defeating them.

    Stifling MSNBC simply lowers us to their level.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #303
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Well, let's see. Let's imagine that O'Rielly pulls in 2 million a week profit, and Beck loses a half million a week. Is FOX making money? So just posting that News Corp is making money has exactly jack **** to do with whether Beck is.
    It also shows that the informatio provided here is jack**** as well since no one knows whether or not Beck is losing money. Has he replaced his sponsors? Still has two million viewers a day triple his competition, a number that you want to ignore and claim as irrelevant. It certainly isn't irrelevant to those 2 million nor apparently Fox News or News Corp.

  4. #304
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post


    Did you read the comments about the whole boycott idea. I saw only one or two that thought it was a good idea at all. Most are like this..

    Boycott MSNBC petition
    Just shows the intellectual dishonesty of liberals who will do or say anything to advance their agenda.

  5. #305
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Why? They are, as you showed, profitable. Their profit is a red herring to all this. Did you know that profitable businesses sometimes have unprofitable divisions? It's true!
    Not many unprofitable TV shows are axed for tripling their nearest competitor and generating 2 million viewers a day. Keep raising the red herring, either show that Beck is losing money or admit that you really don't have a clue which would be the honest answer. Does any liberal have an honest statement within them?

  6. #306
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,018

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Did you call me dishonest with a straight face ???? Since you added the revenue AFTER I posted my response !!!
    You are quite dishonest.

    Now, if you can only find data from someone OTHER than the group that organized the boycott against Beck, you might have some believable information, but I doubt it.
    The statistics support the facts:

    Glenn Beck

    Just six months later, however, Beck seems to have traveled somewhere else entirely. His ratings and reputation are in steep decline: His show has lost more than one million viewers over the course of the past year, falling from an average of 2.9 million in January 2010 to 1.8 million in January 2011. He now ranks fifth among Fox’s six weekday talk hosts, trailing lesser-known personalities like Shepard Smith and Bret Baier. Beck’s three-hour radio show has been dropped in several major cities, including New York and Philadelphia, and has seen a ratings decline in most other markets. “It’s hard to gain a million viewers,” says Eric Boehlert, who follows Beck’s shows for the liberal media watchdog group Media Matters, “but it’s really hard to lose a million viewers.” And Beck’s fall contrasts with the fortunes of other Fox News hosts, like Bill O’Reilly and Sean Hannity, whose TV ratings stayed solid throughout 2010.
    Do you have any evidence to refute these numbers? Or are you just going to keep trolling?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  7. #307
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Here, I'll do you one better. I'll show you some very simple ways as to why Beck won't survive for long and prove how there is absolutely no way that Beck hasn't lost serious ad revenue:

    He's being put as a headliner with other prominent figures of FOX.

    Howard Kurtz - The Beck Factor at Fox: Staffers say comments taint their work - washingtonpost.com



    When you have one program losing viewers and another which is going strong, networks usually try to remedy the situation by putting a weak show behind a popular one so as not to lose potential sponsors. That's pretty sound business logic only that the problem in not Beck losing viewers. It's Beck losing major sponsors. When you start losing Apple, Progressive, Best Buy etc. it's safe to say that it's the result of 3 possible issues:

    A) Companies don't want to be associated with you
    B) Your message is too extreme
    C) You're boring.

    Right off the bat we can scratch C. Beck isn't boring. If he were, he wouldn't have 2-3 million viewers. So what is the issue? Well what company wants to be associated with the guy who calls the President a racist? What company wants to be associated with a guy who has predicted the end of the world? You ever wonder why people like Ron Paul have trouble getting corporations to support him even though he's probably the most free market representative of congress? Is because nobody wants to be associated with the guy who wants to remove the US from the UN. It's not the few parts he gets right. It's how extreme he is.
    First off thanks for the reasoned reply, and I'll try and take parts which I disagree with and see if we can't come to a conclusion about this....

    1st. I am certainly not saying that all the sponsors that Jones/Soros have been sucessful in either bullying, or scaring into pulling their ads from Beck/FNC are liberals, but I do know that for instance, Progressive Insurance?

    Peter Lewis is a huge lib, and is on record of supporting many progressive, liberal causes. snopes.com: Progressive Insurance - Peter Lewis Donations

    2nd. Beck apologized on Air several times for this racist charge. However, it is telling that even after a real apology, not one like what demo's love to give where they say 'if anyone was offended....' crap, Beck actually apologized and said he was wrong to say that.



    However, even after multiple apologies the liberal left continues to bash with that statement. In an honest discussion don't you as a liberal have to say that if you want me as a conservative to consider the message that Obama, or any other liberal says honestly, then you too have to do that?

    3rd. It isn't just Beck, or fans of Beck's show that would like to see the US kick the UN out, and look for a more honest body to have this type of say in the world is it now. I could point to Libertarians, Conservatives, and Democrats alike that believe this.

    What a network can charge for ads is not dictated by the actual number of viewers but by the demographics of the people in the audience. If Beck's demographic is made up primarily of people in between the 18-49 groups, he would be able to charge more per ad than somebody who has their audience divided amongst different demographics. Don't get me wrong, a loss of 1/3rd of your viewers is clearly a problem but it's not as big a problem as losing 200 sponsors. Corporations tend to look at each other for where to spend their ad ressource. When you have not one but dozens of car companies, insurance companies and electronics retailers pulling their money out of your show, that sends a strong signal for others to do the same.

    So how is Beck losing revenue? Well it's simple, the fact that he now has to sell ad space to people who can't afford the rates you'd charge people like Walmart or Coca-Cola means a giant loss in revenue. As it's impossible to tell just how much one can only say that it's substantial. There's no way that it can't be. Beck can't charge them the same rates he would to transnational corporations and he's losing new sponsors with every ridiculous comment and assertion he makes. He's essentially paying them to stay on.

    In the bottom line, Beck may or may not be losing revenue, and that is for the heads at Fox to decide ultimately whether or not having Beck fill a slot is what they want. It is their business. My problem is with things like the OP that seem to be aiding this "boycott" movement by printing an article based on nothing but pure speculation, using another liberal slanted outlet as their source. Then they come to fill the holes in the story by using what they deem "un named sources"....Well, my BS meter goes off the chart when I see that, and the frothing at the mouth libs that hate anything that doesn't echo their ideology instantly jump on as if it's true.....

    There is little fact here and much speculation....In fact the objective truth we can bring from this is Roger Ailes



    Sounds to me like he is defending Beck, and supports his show.

    Until we hear otherwise, and not from un named sources, and liberal media collaborating with each other as information sources, more wishful op ed, than reporting then I will maintain that Beck is going nowhere.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #308
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post


    Did you read the comments about the whole boycott idea. I saw only one or two that thought it was a good idea at all. Most are like this..

    Boycott MSNBC petition
    I did not claim it was a good boycott. It's not my fault the guy failed.

    Or did he...
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #309
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It also shows that the informatio provided here is jack**** as well since no one knows whether or not Beck is losing money. Has he replaced his sponsors? Still has two million viewers a day triple his competition, a number that you want to ignore and claim as irrelevant. It certainly isn't irrelevant to those 2 million nor apparently Fox News or News Corp.
    I did not say it was irrelevant, I said it was not the most important factor. Believe it or not, it is not the job of a TV show to get ratings, it is their job to make a profit.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #310
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,272
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Just shows the intellectual dishonesty of liberals who will do or say anything to advance their agenda.
    What does a conservative boycott have to do with liberal honesty?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •