Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 612

Thread: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

  1. #221
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I can't watch Vevo cause a British black guy shows up feeling the need to tell me that he's a Mormon. This mother****er:

    Wow...bigot much? You are SUCH a class act...every day you go and prove Oscar right about you.

  2. #222
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Again, ratings? Irrelevant to whether a show gets cancelled or not. It's whether or not businesses want to be associated with Beck. So far? It doesn't look like it. When you have Geico and Progressive pull sponsorship, it's safe to say many other companies who have have customers in the millions won't want to be associated with you either. Progressive has ads on Jack-Ass. Why pull out of Glenn Beck? Geico has ads on Spike. Why pull out of Glenn Beck? Well, aside from being afflicted with the STI known as stupidity, they'd also be associated with the guy who has called the president a racist, predicted the end of the world, tried to associated the anti-Christ with Muslims. The only wishful thinking here is yours. It's the type of thinking where you believe that 'viewers' actually mean anything to companies.

    Why do you think shows with ratings far bellow Beck's manage to stay on air? Sponsors. Companies want to reach the people watching those shows even if they're just under a million. However they only do this as long as there is a belief that the person bringing in these viewers is good for their publicity. If the sponsors don't want to be associated with the guy who calls Obama a racist, they pull out. Once major sponsors start pulling out? Say bye bye to your show. Here is one list of sponsors that have dropped Beck:



    The important ones are in bold. If you think getting dropped by Walmart and Coca-Cola isn't a sign that your show is bad for business, you're welcome to throw yourself off a cliff right now.
    Kind of funny that Walmart dropped him, because I always thought they loved the Republicans... they seem really socially conservative.

    BTW... why are some of those companies bolded???

  3. #223
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    As I explained, if the show doesn't bring in revenue? It will. If major sponsors are pulling out of the show? It will. End of story.



    Save it for somebody who cares. You worked in the business world for 35 years? Doing what? Asking people 'paper or plastic'?
    Obviously you don't care about anything other than a leftwing agenda and silencing anyone that disagrees with your ideology. I could say the same thing for you, "save it for someone who cares" about anything you say for thread after thread you have been very clear on your leftwing agenda. TV works too hard on ratings which whether you accept it or not drives network revenue.

    I did find that plastic was actually more popular than paper since it didn't split as easily. Then we went to the more permanent fabric "bags" and even allow people to bring in their own.

  4. #224
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Mormons aren't wacky because they are Conservative. They are wacky because they defy what is written in the Bible:
    so do jehova's witnesses (heck, they rewrote the bible - well, the new testament). and (get ready for this) we even have politicians who are jewish!!! and who don't even believe in the new testament at all!!!!


    :freaks out:




    the mormon canard is just that - a canard. look, i'm not going to say that they are a Christian sect, because i think theologically they've wandered way too far outside the boundaries for that. but that doesn't make your average mormon a nutter.
    Last edited by cpwill; 03-09-11 at 09:41 AM.

  5. #225
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Mormons aren't any more or less wacky than most Christians...in fact they are a lot less wacko than a lot of the evangelical/pentacostal sects.
    i have yet to see mormons get up and dance around holding snakes, or drink snake poison.

  6. #226
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    sorry.......the sponsors beck lost for his show. coke, honda, starkist...........many, MANY sponsors.
    Sponsors who caved to the demands of liberals. Damn! I wish I wasn't hooked on diet coke.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #227
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    As I explained, if the show doesn't bring in revenue? It will. If major sponsors are pulling out of the show? It will. End of story.
    You are absolutely right.

    Now, if you can show everyone how much revenue Beck's show has lost, you will have a point, otherwise, you are only making an uninformed assumption

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #228
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    That's because sane people get their news from a variaty of different sources. That's why CNN, MSNBC, NPR, PBS, ABC, etc will never match up to Fox. Not because they are worse, but because conservatives get their news from two places:

    1) Fox News
    2) Conservative Talk Radio

    That's it. End of story. I think you'll find that there is a giant group of people who don't watch Fox at all because they find it to be full of partisan hackery. However, this giant group of people does not all go to one source to get their info. Some go here, some go there, and some go to a mixture of all of them.

    We don't fall for the liberal machine quite the same way that conservatives fall for their respective conservative one.
    There you go with that big paint roller again. I"m a conservative and I watch as much or more CNN and MSNBC than I do Fox. (sorry can't stand liberal talk radio) I listen to Conservative talk sometimes. I also like C-Span.
    Just from reading on DP, I get the impression that many liberals never listen to Conservative talk radio or watch Fox. Where do they get anything that doesn't have a left lean?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #229
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Sponsors who caved to the demands of liberals. Damn! I wish I wasn't hooked on diet coke.
    LoLz. I love the world you live in Barb. It's so simple. "We are the victims! It's not our fault, it's all liberals!".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #230
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,344
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    You are absolutely right.

    Now, if you can show everyone how much revenue Beck's show has lost, you will have a point, otherwise, you are only making an uninformed assumption
    You might want to follow that conversation, since he was responding to some one claiming that FOX would not pull a highly rated show, which is clearly false. They will pull any show that is not giving them the return on investment they want.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •