Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 612

Thread: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

  1. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    My own world
    Last Seen
    04-05-11 @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    407

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Actually, no. It really means I don't care about Glenn Beck. If I cared, you'd see me getting up in arms about the guy. I don't.

    Or, silly me, you could quit your baiting and trolling attempts and actually discuss to topic at hand.
    Poor Patrick. Don't get fussy now.

    No, it really means you care. Use the proper grammar and you won't look ignorant.

    You COULDN'T care less, is what you mean.

    Just because the world is full of ignorant fools who wouldn't know a how to use a semicolon if their life depended on it, doesn't mean you need to join their ranks.

    If you want to clearly elucidate your thoughts, then do so.

  2. #102
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Gein View Post
    Poor Patrick. Don't get fussy now.

    No, it really means you care. Use the proper grammar and you won't look ignorant.

    You COULDN'T care less, is what you mean.

    Just because the world is full of ignorant fools who wouldn't know a how to use a semicolon if their life depended on it, doesn't mean you need to join their ranks.

    If you want to clearly elucidate your thoughts, then do so.
    I don't care about your views on my grammar. It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Again, please try to stay on topic. Is it that difficult?

  3. #103
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Why do liberals spend so much time trying to silence conservatives? That's all I want to know. Without an explanation I'm left to assume they only believe in speech they agree with.
    Conservatives and liberals are in opposition to one another. They challenge one another's arguments. And in times of particularly heated partisanship, like now, they attack one another's institutions.

    To me, most partisan are burning one another's bridges and then pointing at the other side and shouting: "They burned my bridge!!"

    In short, conservatives are every bit as guilty as liberals of trying to "silence the opposition." Senate Bill 5, for example, could be cast in that light.

  4. #104
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    My own world
    Last Seen
    04-05-11 @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    407

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I don't care about your views on my grammar. It has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. Again, please try to stay on topic. Is it that difficult?
    Curious why you continue the issue then. You should also understand, it is not my "view" of your grammar, it is the truth.

    Just trying to help. If you want to be heard, speak with power and precision, then your argument will be unimpeachable except for the issue itself which is open to debate.

  5. #105
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by BCR View Post
    Wouldn't a fall in viewers be expected? I'm sure he lost viewers simply because mid-term elections are finished which led to a loss in interest. I'd like him off the air but there is no way, his ratings will pick back up come early to mid 2012.
    I expect the gains in the last election will calm some of the fervor. Remeber, conservatives, who generally favor the Republican party, were almost entirely disenfranchised after 2008, with Democrats controlling all three branches of the federal government. The pushback last Novermber was substantial, which I expect to have a moderating effect (at least I hope). Add to that an economic recovery and populist voices like Beck's could have less appeal.

  6. #106
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Gein View Post
    Curious why you continue the issue then. You should also understand, it is not my "view" of your grammar, it is the truth.

    Just trying to help. If you want to be heard, speak with power and precision, then your argument will be unimpeachable except for the issue itself which is open to debate.
    You brought it up in the first place, Ed. I don't give a **** about your views on grammar or your corrections of my posts. I care about the topic at hand and discussing it. If you are going to reply to my post, it should probably have something to do with what I'm discussing. When you start critiquing my posting style you come off as a troll. I really don't need tips from you on how to discuss and debate things. Considering that you are a newbie here, you really are in no position to be lecturing anyone on that.

  7. #107
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Gein View Post
    Curious why you continue the issue then. You should also understand, it is not my "view" of your grammar, it is the truth.

    Just trying to help. If you want to be heard, speak with power and precision, then your argument will be unimpeachable except for the issue itself which is open to debate.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axeThis thread is on Glen Beck and Fox News, NOT the grammar of one of our members. Stay on topic.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    My own world
    Last Seen
    04-05-11 @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    407

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    You brought it up in the first place, Ed. I don't give a **** about your views on grammar or your corrections of my posts. I care about the topic at hand and discussing it. If you are going to reply to my post, it should probably have something to do with what I'm discussing. When you start critiquing my posting style you come off as a troll. I really don't need tips from you on how to discuss and debate things. Considering that you are a newbie here, you really are in no position to be lecturing anyone on that.
    Wow, that was a lot of hot air.

    All I'm trying to to tell you is, using incorrect grammar makes you appear either stupid, or ignorant, neither of which is likely true. Further, in this regard, your entire thought is negated simply because you use an improper phrase. A phrase, by the way, which makes no sense to even say when used incorrectly. To say, I could care less, is less useful than saying nothing at all.

    Nice chatting with you, Patrick.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    My own world
    Last Seen
    04-05-11 @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    407

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axeThis thread is on Glen Beck and Fox News, NOT the grammar of one of our members. Stay on topic.
    Okay, just saw that, Mr Mod. I'm done with the English lesson.

  10. #110
    Guru
    GhostlyJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    here
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,712

    Re: Fox News firebrand Glenn Beck facing axe

    Aa a grammarian like yourself is aware, precise use of language helps clarify subtleties of meaning. So let me aid you in your pursuit of excellence:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Gein View Post
    Curious why you continue the issue then.
    This sentence lacks competent and complete structure. It is acceptable in casual usage, but in proper grammar, a subject should be included: "It is curious that you would continue the issue then."

    You should also understand it is not my "view" of your grammar, it is the truth.
    Two complete clauses combined in one sentence without a conjunction calls for use of a semi-colon: "You should also understand that it is not my "view" of your grammar; it is the truth."

    Just trying to help. If you want to be heard, speak with power and precision, then your argument will be unimpeachable except for the issue itself which is open to debate.
    Personally, I would choose a period instead of a comma after "precision," but I can live with it. However, the word which sets off a nonessential clause, which calls for a comma. You've confused the proper punctuation between essential and non-essential clauses: "... the issue itself, which is open to debate."

    If you'd like me to clarify, I'm happy to to. I'm always ready to teach a neophyte with an interest in proper grammar.
    Last edited by GhostlyJoe; 03-08-11 at 03:28 PM.

Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •