Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 630

Thread: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

  1. #81
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    The system didn't work! She lost everything! Her reputation is ruined! Open your fycking eyes, man! She spent a half MILLION DOLLARS DEFENDING HERSELF! She doesn't get that back! She'll always be "that lady who was found not guilty of child molestation." There were STILL people writing comments on foxnews that said she should be burned alive and she got away with molestation and she should be shot, etc in comments to the article that stated she was found not guilty. So no, the system didn't "work." The system failed MISERABLY. She should have not ever even been CHARGED.
    Yeah, you and I have had this discussion before and, as I recall, you could never answer my final question. Should a molester who's really good and careful not to leave physical evidence not be charged even if the victim said it happened. Seems like a dangerous message, just be careful, and you can't even be charged. Try the evidence and let a jury decide the victim's credibility.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #82
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,581
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    I'm sorry, I mustve confused you as participating in the rest of the rabid throng. Apologies.
    It's too damned late for that. You have now posted a half-dozen quotes under my name that I never the hell made. I never made any of the quotes that you have attributed to me here. Not one.

    If you think I'll overlook this travesty, you are very much mistaken.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Yeah, you and I have had this discussion before and, as I recall, you could never answer my final question. Should a molester who's really good and careful not to leave physical evidence not be charged even if the victim said it happened. Seems like a dangerous message, just be careful, and you can't even be charged. Try the evidence and let a jury decide the victim's credibility.
    You should never convict based on testimony alone. Not sure if you realize this, but innocent until PROVEN guilty is how our country works, even if you REALLY don't like the crime they committed. A single child saying someone did something to them with ZERO evidence is not proof. It's fluff. The child says they did it, the accused says they didn't, and with an assumption of innocence and lack of other corroborating evidence, the guy should walk. Period. Most molesters aren't that careful and there is some proof somewhere. They can't prevent witnesses from seeing their car in the area, can't prevent others from seeing them around or with a child, etc.

    You say "try the evidence" but then a few words prior admit there was no evidence except for testimony. You must understand how easily a child can be coerced into saying something. I'm not saying ALL kids do this, I'm saying SOME do. And its not hard to google men who are in prison by coerced or false testimony by their kids or other kids who later recant their stories and say they made it all up.

    So I'll turn this around on you, do you think YOU should be imprisoned by a child saying you touched them? After all, they could just say that you were really careful and left no evidence. Oh, sucks when the shoe is on the other foot, doesn't it? How the hell do you prove a negative?

    I find it funny I'm almost being attacked on this site because I want to make SURE the person accused is actually guilty before imprisoning them or putting them to death. Little did I know that would cause such a stir.

    Edit: I do not think the 11yo in this thread made this up. I want to make that clear. I am only saying it HAS happened at other times with other kids. And to me, that is just as disturbing as the OP's post itself.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 03-08-11 at 03:21 AM.

  4. #84
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    You're more so. Wanting to hurt someone who's hurt your family is perfectly normal.
    How is it more ****ed up to not want to go on a killing spree? Do not let the Rock fool you, most people are not that awesome or undamaged when going on a vengeful killing spree.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    17 kids and adult kids? 17 blacks raped a 11 year old girl?
    Wait, what does them being black have to do with it?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I would consider this the same way the Navy did for an incident that happened onboard our ship that had photographic evidence, anyone in any photo/video that depicts the crime in any way, i.e. the girl is in the picture too, naked or obviously involved in any sexual activity, or they are talking about the incident or the trailer or room where the attack occurred can be positively identified, should be charged in the crime, whether there is evidence they participated in the actual rape or not. At the very least, they would be an accessory.

    From what I have seen and read, it certainly sounds like the girl had sex with at least some of these guys. Even the lawyer of at least a few of these guys isn't denying that the crime happened, according to the one lady in the video. And no matter if the girl said yes to all the guys, she is not of a legal age to consent so they still committed a crime. And I highly doubt that she looked 17 at age 11.
    In the Navy everyone is over 18 and should not be at a serious physical disadvantage. One of the individuals arrested was 14. Maybe it was a bulky 14 year-old, but if it wasn't and he was surrounded by burly people many years his senior it would be unreasonable to expect him to defy the group in any way.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  5. #85
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    You should never convict based on testimony alone. Not sure if you realize this, but innocent until PROVEN guilty is how our country works. A single child saying someone did something to them with ZERO evidence is not proof. It's fluff. Most molesters aren't that careful and there is some proof somewhere. They can't prevent witnesses from seeing their car in the area, can't prevent others from seeing them around or with a child, etc.

    You say "try the evidence" but then a few words prior admit there was no evidence except for testimony. You must understand how easily a child can be coerced into saying something. I'm not saying ALL kids do this, I'm saying SOME do. And its not hard to google men who are in prison by coerced or false testimony by their kids or other kids who later recant their stories and say they made it all up.

    So I'll turn this around on you, do you think YOU should be imprisoned by a child saying you touched them? After all, they could just say that you were really careful and left no evidence. Oh, sucks when the shoe is on the other foot, doesn't it?

    I find it funny I'm almost being attacked on this site because I want to make SURE the person accused is actually guilty before imprisoning them or putting them to death. Little did I know that would cause such a stir.
    Your contention that direct testimony is not "evidence" is factually, not to mention legally, incorrect. Once a witness is sworn, their testimony is evidence just as sure as a bullet or a photograph or DNA is. It has to be this way, if you were robbed at gun point and nobody else is around (because most criminals don't commit crimes with a large audience watching), would you be ok with the state not charging the guy you ID'd simply because your testimony is the only evidence.

    As far as kids lying, they do, but they're not sophisticated about it. Are they going to be able to hold up under cross exam? Probably not. And as for your contention that there's just always some other evidence around, what about the mom's boyfriend that slips quietly into her daughter's room every night. Imagine then, the child finally tells (most are reluctant) but by the time she does, all potential evidence is gone. That's it? The guy should not be charged and she should just be put back into that situation for the crime of being too young to know how to preserve evidence?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Your contention that direct testimony is not "evidence" is factually, not to mention legally, incorrect. Once a witness is sworn, their testimony is evidence just as sure as a bullet or a photograph or DNA is. It has to be this way, if you were robbed at gun point and nobody else is around (because most criminals don't commit crimes with a large audience watching), would you be ok with the state not charging the guy you ID'd simply because your testimony is the only evidence.

    As far as kids lying, they do, but they're not sophisticated about it. Are they going to be able to hold up under cross exam? Probably not. And as for your contention that there's just always some other evidence around, what about the mom's boyfriend that slips quietly into her daughter's room every night. Imagine then, the child finally tells (most are reluctant) but by the time she does, all potential evidence is gone. That's it? The guy should not be charged and she should just be put back into that situation for the crime of being too young to know how to preserve evidence?
    Nice reply, but once sworn in, BOTH parties testimony is equal. And obviously, you have ZERO experience in this realm.

    You put a 5yo on the witness stand and drill her with cross examination, all she has to do is cry. The jurors are GOING to favor the child, YOU WILL BE BURIED. Your family will be visiting you behind bars for not years, but DECADES. Your name is already dragged through the mud just based on the fact that you were charged. If the prosecutor offers you 5 years with a plea, or 20 if it goes to trial, what will an innocent man do when his lawyer correctly says "if we go to trial and they put the little girl on the stand you are toast"?

    You can come up with 500 instances of crimes where no evidence is left, and I can come up with 500 more. But more times than not, there are issues with someone being accused and convicted on testimony alone. Those are the ones that wind up being overturned. I don't like it, but don't worry about it, many men are being put in prison with nothing more than a child's testimony. Innocent or guilty, they're being locked up so you're getting your wish!

    Oh, and for the record, if you are mugged and you identify the guy out of a lineup yet they find nothing to back up your testimony and the guy has an otherwise clean record, any decent lawyer will get him to walk. Sex offenses are the only types of cases where you are guilty until proven innocent.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 03-08-11 at 03:33 AM.

  7. #87
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    Nice reply, but once sworn in, BOTH parties testimony is equal. And obviously, you have ZERO experience in this realm.
    You're right, if the accused decides to testify (they have a 5th amendment right not to) their testimony is also evidence. It's up to the jury to decide credibility.

    You put a 5yo on the witness stand and drill her with cross examination, all she has to do is cry. The jurors are GOING to favor the child, YOU WILL BE BURIED. Your name is already dragged through the mud just based on the fact that you were charged. If the prosecutor offers you 5 years with a plea, or 20 if it goes to trial, what will an innocent man do when his lawyer correctly says "if they put the little girl on the stand you are toast"?

    You can come up with 500 instances of crimes where no evidence is left, and I can come up with 500 more. But more times than not, there are issues with someone being accused and convicted on testimony alone. Those are the ones that wind up being overturned. I don't like it, but don't worry about it, many men are being put in prison with nothing more than a child's testimony. Innocent or guilty, they're being locked up so you're getting your wish!
    My wish is that children not continued to be victimized. If the guy is acquitted, great. If he's convicted, it's because the jury believed the victim and I'm fine with that too. Besides, if all those convictions are being overturned, what's the problem?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #88
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    It was about us all in the thread enraging ourselves over the hypothetical rape of our children. And these folks who may/may not be guilty and the Shari'ah justice you'd want to issue upon them without trial.



    I would prefer not to believe that it happened, or issue a rational doubt that this was a brutal rape of an 11 year old by 18 men. But it may be possible that you gain some sick enjoyment fantasizing the righteousness with which you would torture such criminals.

    Sorry. I must not be as ****ed up as you or these rapists.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in TexasKnock off the personal attacks or there will be further conseqeuences.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #89
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,856
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    The facts in this case is that there is video evidence of those 18 people raping this 11yo. It doesn't matter if there is a court proceeding saying that they are guilty or not. The evidence is clear cut to the point that it is undeniable and 100.00% proof positive that they commited a horrible crime. It doesn't matter if she agreed to it or not. The fact that these adults did this...who are suppose to know better than to screw an 11 year old girl (consenual or not), are worse than scum. Hell, its quite possible that girl hasn't even started her periods yet..much less knew what saying "yes" meant. Assuming she even said yes to begin with.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  10. #90
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    17 kids and adult kids? 17 blacks raped a 11 year old girl? I can even comment because Im close to losing it.
    about 10 minutes later......
    this is what guns are made for. every call the family gets that are the least bit threatening should be traced back to the originator and they too should be arrested and their house torn apart for any evidence or wrong-doing.
    Can you please clarify this part of your comment please?

Page 9 of 63 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •