Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 630

Thread: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

  1. #611
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    So you agree with the Republican politician from florida.
    What I quoted you is the opinion of a woman who has 30 years of direct experience working with thousands of sex offenders. She is well renowned in her field as a leading expert in the country and is respected by the courts as being fair and unbiased.

    So I don't know what this person said, but if they said that her clothing was a contributing factor to her assault, and this expert I spoke with says the same thing, then maybe we have one smart politician on our hands.

    P.S. Some little tidbits about sex offenders as a whole that she told me:

    1. Not all sex offenders are pedophiles.-- In fact, some rapists abhor pedophiles and would kill them faster than most of society.

    2. A child molester is not necessarily a pedophile.--Sex offenders offend for many different reasons. Sometimes its a power thing, sometimes its a dominance thing, sometimes its a sexual thing. But treating sex offenders isn't as simple as it sounds. When you have a child molester who tests zero sexual attraction to children, you have a complicated situation on your hands. You wouldn't want to treat them as if they are aroused by kids, because they aren't. You have to figure out why they offend, since you can rule out sexual arousal, its something else.

    3. Sex offenders are not all violent.--In fact, most offenders use coercion to find a victim, so the violent offender is very rare.

    4. You can't cure "pedophilia."--Just like no amount of therapy will make a gay person straight, no amount of therapy will make a pedophile suddenly "not" one. But, there are millions of pedophiles in society who have never, and will never, act out. This means that it was not the pedophilia that caused the acting out, it was something else. "Pedophilia" is a sexual desire, it's not a crime. As hard as it is to comprehend, it is not against the law to be aroused by children. I saw a study done that showed 70% of men and 40% of women are at least somewhat sexually aroused by a preteen opposite sex child. This means that almost 3/4 of all men walking on this planet are at least somewhat sexually aroused by children. But since 3/4 aren't in prison, obviously there are many who have no problems keeping their dirty little secret from making them act out. Sex offender therapy definitely works as it teaches each offender to understand what got them to the point of them acting out. If they want to change, they will, and will come out of therapy no more of a threat to society than the average joe walking down the street. It's no secret that offenders who went to therapy have a lower reoffense rate than those who don't. So it's definitely a good thing to treat these people so they can live a life. We only get one life on this planet. I'd like to see people offered a second chance to make it right. I have great admiration for someone who has overcome the hardships of a bad decision and got themselves straight again. Whether that be robbery, assault, anything except murder and violet sexual contact of any sort, I want people to have a second chance. Some people here don't. One mistake (and violently raping an 11yo girl isn't what I would call a mistake that I would give a second chance for, as I specified above) shouldn't be the sum of a being.

    Think about this way. Most men are aroused by women. But most men aren't rapists and sexual assaulters. People can be attracted to, and aroused by, women without being driven to commit sexual assault. Same with a pedophile.

    So the people that did this to this child acted out not because they were necessarily aroused by her, but because of the power thing. They outnumbered her. They were bigger, stronger, older. That is a ripe situation for a sexual assault.

  2. #612
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    she is a republican elected from her district to represent those who elected her. it is possible that a democrat majority elected a republican representative, but i doubt it. and they elected her to represent them
    they do not the get to pick and choose when her representation is truly representative; they did that at the voting booth
    the republican politician speaks for them when she says that an 11 year old girl's attire is responsible for her getting gang raped

    and yes, your comprehension skills need polish since i keep having to explain my posts to you
    that's because I don't speak gibberish and your posts make no sense. did Obama speak for you when he said there were 57 states?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  3. #613
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    notice how your position shifts the blame from the rapists to the 11 year old girl

    there is NOTHING which mitigates the criminal act of rape. i don't care if that 11 year old was naked, there is NO justification for her to have been raped. and for anyone to indicate otherwise condones the rapists' actions as acceptable because of the belief the girl encouraged their criminal sexual assault

    in short, your pro-rapist position, excusing their action because of an 11 year old's attire, is an absurd proposition
    Nothing that you said has anything to do with my post and if you actually knew anything about me, you wouldn't be attaching such sick interpretations to it.

  4. #614
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Nothing that you said has anything to do with my post
    nothing he has said has anything to do with anyone's post. he's just making stuff up and then claiming someone here said it and arguing against it. if he wasn't so serious, it would be hilarious
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #615
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    What I quoted you is the opinion of a woman who has 30 years of direct experience working with thousands of sex offenders. She is well renowned in her field as a leading expert in the country and is respected by the courts as being fair and unbiased.

    So I don't know what this person said, but if they said that her clothing was a contributing factor to her assault, and this expert I spoke with says the same thing, then maybe we have one smart politician on our hands.

    P.S. Some little tidbits about sex offenders as a whole that she told me:

    1. Not all sex offenders are pedophiles.-- In fact, some rapists abhor pedophiles and would kill them faster than most of society.

    2. A child molester is not necessarily a pedophile.--Sex offenders offend for many different reasons. Sometimes its a power thing, sometimes its a dominance thing, sometimes its a sexual thing. But treating sex offenders isn't as simple as it sounds. When you have a child molester who tests zero sexual attraction to children, you have a complicated situation on your hands. You wouldn't want to treat them as if they are aroused by kids, because they aren't. You have to figure out why they offend, since you can rule out sexual arousal, its something else.

    3. Sex offenders are not all violent.--In fact, most offenders use coercion to find a victim, so the violent offender is very rare.

    4. You can't cure "pedophilia."--Just like no amount of therapy will make a gay person straight, no amount of therapy will make a pedophile suddenly "not" one. But, there are millions of pedophiles in society who have never, and will never, act out. This means that it was not the pedophilia that caused the acting out, it was something else. "Pedophilia" is a sexual desire, it's not a crime. As hard as it is to comprehend, it is not against the law to be aroused by children. I saw a study done that showed 70% of men and 40% of women are at least somewhat sexually aroused by a preteen opposite sex child. This means that almost 3/4 of all men walking on this planet are at least somewhat sexually aroused by children. But since 3/4 aren't in prison, obviously there are many who have no problems keeping their dirty little secret from making them act out. Sex offender therapy definitely works as it teaches each offender to understand what got them to the point of them acting out. If they want to change, they will, and will come out of therapy no more of a threat to society than the average joe walking down the street. It's no secret that offenders who went to therapy have a lower reoffense rate than those who don't. So it's definitely a good thing to treat these people so they can live a life. We only get one life on this planet. I'd like to see people offered a second chance to make it right. I have great admiration for someone who has overcome the hardships of a bad decision and got themselves straight again. Whether that be robbery, assault, anything except murder and violet sexual contact of any sort, I want people to have a second chance. Some people here don't. One mistake (and violently raping an 11yo girl isn't what I would call a mistake that I would give a second chance for, as I specified above) shouldn't be the sum of a being.

    Think about this way. Most men are aroused by women. But most men aren't rapists and sexual assaulters. People can be attracted to, and aroused by, women without being driven to commit sexual assault. Same with a pedophile.

    So the people that did this to this child acted out not because they were necessarily aroused by her, but because of the power thing. They outnumbered her. They were bigger, stronger, older. That is a ripe situation for a sexual assault.
    "She was asking for it" is now a valid argument......................

    321...
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  6. #616
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    "She was asking for it" is now a valid argument......................

    321...
    Wow. Just wow.

  7. #617
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:07 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,723

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    See...us black folk are just trying to get our groove on......you white guys will...like, eat a mofo!
    What can I say? We get hungry. Seriously, I just started watching another documentary on an old guy named Albert (I think) Fish. This guy butchered and ate children. I mean, WTF?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  8. #618
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    What can I say? We get hungry. Seriously, I just started watching another documentary on an old guy named Albert (I think) Fish. This guy butchered and ate children. I mean, WTF?
    There are some sick people out there, brother.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  9. #619
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-11 @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Plain and simple our society needs to quit babying deginerate scum like this all these douchebags need to be swinging from a tree!!!! Its time to stop letting lawyers and politicians run this country they work for us its time for the second American Revolution!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  10. #620
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    But he wasn't excusing the rapists...

    I can imagine all of the angry parents on here would never let their 11 year old daughters wear provocative clothing and walk around in a high-crime environment, particularly when they're alone. Why wouldn't they? When you answer that, then you'll understand DWBH's posts and others. It has nothing to do with blame.
    Actually, I think it is about blame, but that is not actually a bad thing. If a woman gets drunk off her ass, goes home with a guy she just met, and gets raped would you suggest she should go to the bar the very next night, get drunk off her ass, and go home again with a guy she just met? Unless you believe she is in some way at fault you would not have any issue with it.

    The problem is people have an all-or-nothing attitude towards these things. Some people think you simply cannot have the victim be in any way at fault because that somehow makes them less of a victim and the offender less of an offender. The reality is that there is no justification for forcing someone to have sex, but that does not take away from the fact that you have to look out for yourself and not needlessly put yourself in situations where someone is likely to take advantage of you.

    Plus, putting all the blame on only one person basically takes away everyone's responsibility but the offender. It only makes us ignore the underlying causes of such behavior without providing any real benefit for the victim.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •