Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 630

Thread: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

  1. #441
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    The real point is that it doesn't matter what her word is....she's 11.
    While there are those here who would chose to minimize the crime that occurred here because there are more important issues in the world that should be more of a concern, perhaps it's time to recall the "Broken Window" concept.

    Boiled down, it is the idea that if we can't solve problems in our own neighbourhoods, how are we expected to solve the big issues? It all starts small and grows. Look the other way when a child is raped because children are starving in Africa or there is an earthquake in Japan, and societies everywhere will crumble.

    The Weekend Interview with James Q. Wilson: The Man Who Defined Deviancy Up - WSJ.com

  2. #442
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    While there are those here who would chose to minimize the crime that occurred here because there are more important issues in the world that should be more of a concern, perhaps it's time to recall the "Broken Window" concept.

    Boiled down, it is the idea that if we can't solve problems in our own neighbourhoods, how are we expected to solve the big issues? It all starts small and grows. Look the other way when a child is raped because children are starving in Africa or there is an earthquake in Japan, and societies everywhere will crumble.

    The Weekend Interview with James Q. Wilson: The Man Who Defined Deviancy Up - WSJ.com
    I agree with your point, it is a fallacy. Any incidence of violation of human dignity is equally comparable to any other. Whether she was a misguided black girl from the ghetto with no real parental influence or not and may have agreed to have sex with one or more of those people has no bearing on the fact that she was gang-raped by 18 men and boys. The fact that there is a genocide happening in Darfur and an earthquake hit Japan in no way diminishes what happened to the little girl. Until we realize that, and treat every instance of human indignity with equal aversion, than we aren't going to bring an end to any instance of human indignity.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  3. #443
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    How does one person's unsubstantiated claim debunk another's? Just because your sympathies are for the girl doesn't mean her word is sacrosanct. Rape victims lie for any number of reasons, providing they are telling the truth about being a victim in the first place.
    Do you actually want to address what I said, or do you just want to argue for the sake of arguing? Wait... stupid question.

    What I refuted, DoL, was that Jerry claimed that the affidavit stated that the girl was "part of it" whereas the affidavit actually said the opposite. Next time, try to actually read and pay attention to what was said, rather than arguing a point that was never made.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    I read those first two pages and found no mention at all of anything in September or October.



    How does one person's unsubstantiated claim debunk another's? Just because your sympathies are for the girl doesn't mean her word is sacrosanct. Rape victims lie for any number of reasons, providing they are telling the truth about being a victim in the first place.
    So you think this little girl was lying about her age? Or that her birth certificate might be forged?

    Your best defense might be to claim that you didn't know it was illegal to have sex with an 11-year-old. Maybe that's what those charged will also do.

  5. #445
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,701
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    I read those first two pages and found no mention at all of anything in September or October.
    Sorry about that. I must have been in another article, or perhaps it was in a video. The girl claimed that she had been forced to have sex twice before the November gang rape by two men... once in mid-September and once in October. That's when her demeanor completely changed and she became a quiet, unhappy little girl.

  6. #446
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,075

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    At least 18 charged in alleged gang rape of Texas girl



    It's hard to imagine such a crime. Eighteen men and boys raping an 11 year old girl? Is there any punishment on this Earth severe enough for such a crime?

    Time for some neutering operations, seriously.
    If they did it hopefully they are found guilty,punished to the fullest extent of the law and sent to the worst prison that a child a molester/rapist can be stuck in.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #447
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    If they did it hopefully they are found guilty,punished to the fullest extent of the law and sent to the worst prison that a child a molester/rapist can be stuck in.
    and get 'bubba' for a cellmate

  8. #448
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:46 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,112

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Rape victims lie for any number of reasons, providing they are telling the truth about being a victim in the first place.
    Are you implying that an eleven year old girl wanted to have sex with 18 men and then turned around and cried "rape"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  9. #449
    Sage
    mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    DC Metro
    Last Seen
    11-13-16 @ 12:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    22,499

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    I read those first two pages and found no mention at all of anything in September or October.



    How does one person's unsubstantiated claim debunk another's? Just because your sympathies are for the girl doesn't mean her word is sacrosanct. Rape victims lie for any number of reasons, providing they are telling the truth about being a victim in the first place.
    ELEVEN YEARS OLD.

    Simply under statutory rape laws, she was raped.
    ”People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both.” --- Ben Franklin

    Quote Originally Posted by The German View Post
    Sterotypes are mostly based on truths.

  10. #450
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by mac View Post
    ELEVEN YEARS OLD.

    Simply under statutory rape laws, she was raped.
    Without a doubt. I seriously, like 95%, doubt she consented to anything.

    But on that same note, when society hears the word "rape" they think violence. Force. Coercion. They don't think an 18yo with his 17 or 16yo gf on prom night. However, in many states, this is indeed statutory rape. Overuse of the word "rape" has numbed its original meaning.

    And while I believe an 11yo girl can consent to sex with a same-age boyfriend, I don't believe that either of them know what the hell they're doing or getting into. But, at least in that case, neither of them is "taking advantage" of the other.

    When an adult is involved with a child, the adult always looks down on the child. And the child naturally looks up to the adult. While a few preteen girls might want sex with an adult, it's up to the adult to say "No, I'm a grown up and you're a child. I know you think you want this and you probably do, but as the grown up it's my job to say, "no." It's when the adult thinks with the wrong head (or if a female, her girly parts) is when problems arise. Because the law says its rape, but society's views on rape don't involve two willing participants, regardless of age. It is confusing to an adult not thinking 100% straight and meaningless to a child, as even in their own eyes, they aren't being raped because they are consenting.

    It's a conflict that will go on indefinitely until either everyone is in jail or the laws get changed. My grandmother got married at 13 to my grandfather who was 19. He was the stand up man of his community and even has a major street named after him. According to today's laws, he is a child sexual predator. That's almost so ridiculous it's funny.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 03-15-11 at 02:26 AM.

Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •