Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 630

Thread: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

  1. #381
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    [QUOTE=Arcadius;1059342349]
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post


    Of course that's obvious! I can't maintain my civility anymore. I guarantee you that in a month this crime will fade from memory of all those who weren't directly effected by it. This little girl will grow up and everyone will forget she ever existed. But larger problems in society that we can change are still there, and being completely ignored while we are getting all worked up about another f*cking story. People pay attention to these small crimes when f*cking genocide is going on. And worse yet, they don't care that no one's doing anything about. They're to worried about what happened to little Sally to pay attention to a whole world that's f*cked up to the tenth power. You can't change what happened to Sally, but you can change the world. Am I the only one that sees this?



    This discussion is officially detrimental to my sanity. I'm definitely going to avoid topics like this in the future.
    There are a lot of self-righteous people on here and in the world that make mountains (huge moral arguments) out of molehills (your one argument among many in this thread). It's best to just avoid anyone who doesn't understand your explanations after two posts.

  2. #382
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    [QUOTE=theplaydrive;1059342378]
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post

    There are a lot of self-righteous people on here and in the world that make mountains (huge moral arguments) out of molehills (your one argument among many in this thread). It's best to just avoid anyone who doesn't understand your explanations after two posts.
    Is there anyone here who doesn't understand his explanations??

    I doubt it.

    Understanding them and accepting them is quite different.

  3. #383
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    Is there anyone here who doesn't understand his explanations??

    I doubt it.

    Understanding them and accepting them is quite different.
    I don't understand why you guys can't fix your quote code in under 2 posts. Don't you proof read and notice the error? It shows that you don't really care about the discussion so we shouldn't bother putting in any effort either.

  4. #384
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    Is there anyone here who doesn't understand his explanations??

    I doubt it.

    Understanding them and accepting them is quite different.
    His argument was that rape is less significant than genocide and others large scale displays of violence. That's reality; it's not hard to accept. It may have been a not ideal place to put the statement, but it's a reality nonetheless. All of the other moral projections that others put onto that argument show that people did not understand it because the argument in itself is obviously true: rape has less impact on humanity than other thins.

  5. #385
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    His argument was that rape is less significant than genocide and others large scale displays of violence. That's reality; it's not hard to accept. It may have been a not ideal place to put the statement, but it's a reality nonetheless. All of the other moral projections that others put onto that argument show that people did not understand it because the argument in itself is obviously true: rape has less impact on humanity than other thins.



    It's irrellevant and designed so he could posture, look like he's adding a more thoughtful position, when in fact, it was shallow and lacked any realistic view of this threads topic.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #386
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    His argument was that rape is less significant than genocide and others large scale displays of violence. That's reality; it's not hard to accept. It may have been a not ideal place to put the statement, but it's a reality nonetheless. All of the other moral projections that others put onto that argument show that people did not understand it because the argument in itself is obviously true: rape has less impact on humanity than other thins.
    Yes, we know. We understand. We get it.

    We really, really do.

  7. #387
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'm talking about the American obsession with lost little white girls.
    Fixed it for ya'.

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Oh, I disagree. I think DoL and Don'tWorryBeHappy have come very close to suggesting the same things.
    I cannot state anything definitively about the case since I am not privy to the evidence. Rather, I allowed that an 11 year-old can knowingly consent to sex, despite the law, and that this could have been what happened at first. Were she to lie about that it would not mean she was not raped since I doubt she consented to having sex with or in front of 18 people, again there is no mention of whether all these individuals took part. However, when talking about sentencing it is all about the complete and truthful circumstances. The person who picked her up should receive the harshest sentence, in my opinion, even if his acts were consensual (again despite the legal age of consent).

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Anger and disgust at the gang rape of children is a natural, human reaction for those with a healthy sense of compassion, and with a decent sense of right and wrong.

    Those who DON'T react with anger and disgust give every indication of a pathology of some sort -- most likely, thay of a sociopath with an incapability to feel empathy.
    Raping someone is also a natural, human reaction. Does that mean we should consider that acceptable? You can have compassion without anger and disgust. In fact, I think that would the preferable reaction.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  8. #388
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    Raping someone is also a natural, human reaction..

    WTF? seriously... WTF? It's not natural, which is why we abhor it.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #389
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    WTF? seriously... WTF? It's not natural, which is why we abhor it.
    I don't understand the 'reaction' part of his comment...I don't really get how rape is a reaction, but it is natural depending on how you define nature.

    If natural means 'in and of nature' then it is natural because it occurs in the human part of nature and is done by natural animals - humans. Also, we abhor rape because it hurts people not because it's unnatural.

  10. #390
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I don't understand the 'reaction' part of his comment...I don't really get how rape is a reaction, but it is natural depending on how you define nature.

    If natural means 'in and of nature' then it is natural because it occurs in the human part of nature and is done by natural animals - humans. Also, we abhor rape because it hurts people not because it's unnatural.


    this sort of pseudo-intellectual rationalization bores me. It is not natural, if you want to claim anything that happens is "natural", I have no interest in such a silly discussion.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •