Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 630

Thread: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

  1. #321
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by dontworrybehappy View Post
    And I would support the death penalty for you, lib. You kill someone in cold blood and DNA can prove it, absolutely, I would be happy to put the needle in your arm. You are no more "worthy" of living than anyone else who commits murder, sorry to tell you. Where DNA can prove guilt, I am supportive of the DP, all other cases, I am not. What jury would convict you? One that followed the laws of the land, that's what.
    There are very few juries who would convict her and none that would sentence her to death. I think it's telling that you more vehemently condemn someone like Liblady who says she'd kill her daughter's attackers than you condemn the attackers themselves. You seem downright empathetic with molesters and rapists, not wanting them, in some cases to even be charged. Rather than make assumptions about why that could be, I'll ask, why?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I'm not flattering myself. I am open to other people's ideas even when we disagree and I don't stop myself from reading their ideas because I don't like them. If that were the case, I wouldn't have read your comment. ReverendH showed that he rejects ideas that come from people he does not like or agree with.

    As a result, I am more open to the truth - in other words, I am willing to listen to everybody's version of it, particularly since truth is relative to experience and I have not had the experiences of every person on this board.

    Work on your reading comprehension.
    here's what i read, and if I missed the meaning, please let me know.

    "It just proves that I'm more open to the truth than you are"

    That certainly seems to me that you are closer to the understanding of 'the truth' than others, while others are a little further from it than your good self.

    What you may be closer to might be the truth or it might not be. It is often a matter of opinion. And of course it also 'proves' nothing.

  3. #323
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    I know I said I was done. But it seems kind of strange that this discussion has become so oriented on my personal philosophies. I don't really understand why everybody cares.
    Well, you know, it's like watching a train wreck. Horrific, yet fascinating.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  4. #324
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    removing them from society IS punishment, at least for most people it would be. punishment is valid, retribution is not, unless she was my daughter. then i would kill them. twice.
    Punishment at its very core is retribution. It is about causing someone pain for causing you pain. Fear inclines us towards that defensive reaction.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    You realize that removing all emotion is in and of itself inhuman as well.

    Human beings have emotions. To seperate them out and attempt to remove them is in and of itself attempting to be something other than human. We are not computers, we are not robots, emotions do factor in.
    Actually I think his point was more that people should control their emotions and not let their emotions control them. Seriously saying, over and over, that you would kill someone and feel good about it is not controlling your emotions. I doubt most of them would actually do it, but that desire is by itself not a good thing.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  5. #325
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    here's what i read, and if I missed the meaning, please let me know.

    "It just proves that I'm more open to the truth than you are"

    That certainly seems to me that you are closer to the understanding of 'the truth' than others, while others are a little further from it than your good self.

    What you may be closer to might be the truth or it might not be. It is often a matter of opinion. And of course it also 'proves' nothing.
    That's not what I meant. I don't think that I'm closer to the truth than anyone; if you knew me in person, you would know that's not true. For that very reason, I am genuinely interested in and open to understanding other people's points of view on reality because I, like everyone else, has only had a limited amount of experiences. Therefore, understanding other people's beliefs and experiences gives me more relative truth to work with. (For example, if reality was a cube, I want to understand every side of it and I leave myself open to understanding every side.)

    My comment to him was based on him implying that he won't read my posts because he's disagreed with other things I've posted in the past. I was saying that I'm more open to accepting other people's opinions because I would never limit myself from reading other people's posts because of past disagreements. I hope that makes sense.

    Bottom line: I do not think that my opinions are more valid or truthful than others. I do think I'm more open to listening to other people's opinions than RevH is though based on his comment. (Perhaps that doesn't show sometimes, I get frustrated in here.)

  6. #326
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,652
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    Thanks again. I figured if I tried to explain again I would just be horribly misinterpreted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    I'm not going through the vain action of trying to properly explain my views again. I admit that post was worded very badly, but I feel like no matter what I say it'll still be misinterpreted.

    Last edited by DiAnna; 03-10-11 at 10:08 PM.

  7. #327
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    we are not in africa, although texas could be described as backward.
    Texas is backward and Florida is not? I find your assertion offfending. Your state has its share of backward freaks. John Couey, Ottis Toole, and Gary Ray Bowles. In 1951 four Florida klan members murdered civil rights activist Harry T. and Harriette Moore. There names where Earl J. Brooklyn, Tillman H. Bevlin, Joseph N. Cox and Edward L. Spivey. They bombed the Moores home on Christmas day. Sounds pretty primitive and backwards to me. Before you go talkin smack about Texas I think you better check your own back yard.
    Last edited by SgtRock; 03-10-11 at 11:12 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  8. #328
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,715

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Keep this number in mind the next time some lefty whines that all people need are ten round magazines in their handguns!



  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    There are very few juries who would convict her and none that would sentence her to death. I think it's telling that you more vehemently condemn someone like Liblady who says she'd kill her daughter's attackers than you condemn the attackers themselves. You seem downright empathetic with molesters and rapists, not wanting them, in some cases to even be charged. Rather than make assumptions about why that could be, I'll ask, why?
    Lets just say I sure am glad people more intelligent than yourself sit behind the bench in our state and federal courtrooms.

    You seem downright empathetic with molesters and rapists, not wanting them, in some cases to even be charged.
    And you totally ignored the reason I stated as to why. That teacher spent $500,000 dollars defending herself from FALSE CHARGES brought against her. She was found innocent, but the damage was already done. She will never teach again. Where is your sympathy for this woman? Where is the thread on this forum about a woman falsely accused whose life is now ruined? I thought that was what you conservawhackheads like, to help people. What, do I hear silence on this issue? So yes, absolutely, in the case where the evidence is lacking, charges SHOULD NOT EVEN BE FILED. You act like our justice system works on "charge the mother ****er and see if they can defend themselves." That's not how it works.

    I'm going to turn this around on you. Why do YOU think charges should be brought against someone when there is no evidence? It seems that all a kid has to do is say "he touched me" and pretty much you don't give a **** about the accused and how they might not have done a damn thing, you want revenge. Revenge for a crime you "think" happened. To hell with proof, kill the son of a bitch. You're a right wing whackhead, yet another reason I left your party. They're nutty on the right, they don't use their brains, only their emotions. Don't believe me? Read the comments on the fox news article about that teacher being found innocent. The right wing whackheads STILL want her head on a platter, even after, as you say, "the system worked." Really? What system needs to be used where a right wing whackhead will actually BELIEVE someone found innocent DIDN'T DO IT? Hmm????????????????????????

    Charges are brought based on evidence. Sexual charges are brought, evidence or not, and those charges are the most damning, damaging charges there are. Even found innocent, your name has been tarnished forever.

    I think it's telling that you more vehemently condemn someone like Liblady who says she'd kill her daughter's attackers than you condemn the attackers themselves
    I think its telling that you want to quickly ruin someones life based on no evidence. That's telling about you, and your right wing whackhead party. Personally, I condemn them both. A sexual attacker is just that. A murderer is a murderer. But only one should be put to death. This is not emotion speaking, THIS IS THE LAW. (You will NEVER know my PERSONAL beliefs on this because I actually am MATURE ENOUGH to separate emotion and the law.) Something you crazy conservative whackheads seem to have a hard time following when its an emotional issue. Whether you like it or not, the worst crime in the books is not sexual assault, but murder. (and I think in the military what is it, treason, or something, they can be hung for, but I mean the civilian world) They might NOT sentence her to death, but a good prosecutor would ask for it. You can't let emotion get in the way of justice, for ANYBODY. If she had just shot him for the **** of shooting him, shed get the death penalty. Just because she thought he was her daughters attacker, unless she catches him in the act, she would be a murderer and should be put to death, or at LEAST life without.

    What seperates me from you? When you see someone charged with a sex crime, you AUTOMATICALLY think they are guilty. I do not. Considering how many people are falsely accused these days, I actually lean towards "they might NOT have done it" but always say "lets see what happens in court." I am not like the whackhead right, that wants to put the defendants head in a guillotine even BEFORE they make it to the courtroom.

    Try to put a little more thought into your replies. I can back up everything I have stated here that isn't opinion based with links. You can do nothing but attack based on emotion. And YOU say its telling? Yes, it is, about you, not me.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 03-10-11 at 11:47 PM.

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That's not what I meant. I don't think that I'm closer to the truth than anyone; if you knew me in person, you would know that's not true. For that very reason, I am genuinely interested in and open to understanding other people's points of view on reality because I, like everyone else, has only had a limited amount of experiences. Therefore, understanding other people's beliefs and experiences gives me more relative truth to work with. (For example, if reality was a cube, I want to understand every side of it and I leave myself open to understanding every side.)

    My comment to him was based on him implying that he won't read my posts because he's disagreed with other things I've posted in the past. I was saying that I'm more open to accepting other people's opinions because I would never limit myself from reading other people's posts because of past disagreements. I hope that makes sense.

    Bottom line: I do not think that my opinions are more valid or truthful than others. I do think I'm more open to listening to other people's opinions than RevH is though based on his comment. (Perhaps that doesn't show sometimes, I get frustrated in here.)
    Thanks for taking the time to explain your position further.

Page 33 of 63 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •