Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 630

Thread: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

  1. #261
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    The thing is, they can give consent, but it's meaningless.
    Meaningless under the law, but beyond that I would say it is quite meaningful.

    This is crap and creepy as well. I cannot imagine looking at an 11 year old that way and any grown man who does is a perv. 11 is a child, they do not have the decision making capabilities of an adult, plus they're easily manipulated. If you need that kind of unfair advantage over a girl then you are truly a loser, not to mention a criminal.
    You can't see "decision-making capabilities" on a person. The point is if someone at that age has the physical attributes of someone much older it is not perverted to find those attributes attractive.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    What we seem to have here is a difference of opinion between those who empathize with the victim, and those who empathize with the perpetrators. It seems to be a nonchalant shrug, along with a "what's the big deal? I'd hit that" attitude. I find the latter to be so absurdly inflammatory and callous that I'm beginning to suspect we are being deliberately trolled by those who frankly don't think the rape of a child is a big deal at all. Pretty pathetic.
    Things are not so simple when people start calling for blood. If she was as physically-developed as someone much older then it would not be surprising for her to be mistaken for someone older or for people the age of the individuals arrested to consider her physically attractive. What we know of the situation is limited and while there is apparently video evidence of the acts, it does not indicate whether things began as the victim alleges.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    What your attitude indicates is that no matter what horrific act we are discussing, you really can't be bothered with it because you can think of something even worse that has happened somewhere before. Was a newborn microwaved until she exploded? No big deal, because there was a genocide in Rwanda. Did a psychopath blow into a kindergarten and murder 35 children with an assault rifle? Can't really be bothered about that because there is bad stuff going on in Durfar. Was an entire family tortured and butchered in their home? Oh, puleese, this kind of sh*t happens all the time, and there is a civil war in Libya.

    This is nothing more than a pathetic way of getting attention for yourself and giving you the excuse to make dispicable comments without taking responsibility. Your attitude, your manipulation of the forum, your insistance that no topic is really worth talking about because nothing is really as important as stuff YOU think is important has already given you more attention than you deserve here. You will get no more acknowledgment or attention from me.

    Hopefully others here will make the same decision.
    Arcadius is raising a legitimate question. If you fixate on every individual crime you are going to lose your head and render yourself useless in resolving bigger issues.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Just because they define an 11 year old as being a legitimate target for their sexual predation, that does not make an 11 year old an adult.
    Too bad I wasn't saying anything like that at all. My opinion is people should stick roughly to their own age groups.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    THe perspective of one who triviliazes the gang rape of a child?

    Why would anybody want to adopt such a sick point of view?
    Well, my interest is in demystifying things like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So, if this girl had been 17 instead of 11, being gang raped by 18 savages would have been perfectly acceptable. Is that really your point?
    Rape is never acceptable. What I said was not even close to what you claim. The claims prompting my response suggested first that someone at that age cannot consent and that it was pedophilia. One of those positions was incorrect and, in my opinion, the other was also incorrect.

    Looking at the situation it would not surprise me if the girl was lying about how things started out. We only have her word that she was coerced into the situation. That would have a lot of relevance in my mind as it concerns the charges and potential sentencing.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I understood him perfectly. Here's his argument in one sentence: When you evaluate this situation exclusively with reason, you can see that it has a much lower affect on humanity than other similarly violent crimes like genocide.

    But then everybody twisted this argument by insinuating that he was a sick, psychopathic pedophile for not evaluating it exclusively with emotion. It turns out though that you can evaluate things from a non-emotional standpoint and an emotional standpoint and still be a normal person.
    Could you tell this low life that?

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1059334983

    And DOL's above post has a lot of good points.

    People think "pedophilia" is the sexual attraction to someone under a certain age, usually 18. It has NOTHING to do with age. It has to do with their body development. It is not "pedophilia" to find a 16yo girl who has an adult body attractive. People are attracted to their body, her attributes are adult, so that's not perverted at all. Therein lies the problem of labeling someone a sex offender who is 18 having sex with their 16yo gf. Or even 25 with their 16yo gf. Her body shape and development is 100% adult, shes only not an adult on paper. If someone is attracted to a very well developed 11yo, for the same reason, that's not pedophilia. That's actually called hebephelia.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hebephilia

    It may not be socially acceptable, but pedophilia, it is not. If someone is attracted to a 5yo with a 5yo's attributes, that IS pedophilia.

    Pedophilia is one of the most misused and misunderstood terms in the English language today.
    Last edited by dontworrybehappy; 03-10-11 at 03:49 PM.

  3. #263
    Advisor Arcadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere far away.
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    390

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    I still can't believe almost everyone thinks I'm a troll or some heartless monster. Even though I have never said in any way that rape should be condoned. In fact I expressed my sympathy multiple times. I just don't understand how your train of thought works.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.~ Ernest Hemingway

  4. #264
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    08-14-12 @ 11:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,928

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    I still can't believe almost everyone thinks I'm a troll or some heartless monster. Even though I have never said in any way that rape should be condoned. In fact I expressed my sympathy multiple times. I just don't understand how your train of thought works.
    I know what you mean, bro. I got attacked for saying that I abhor rape, being said that those that are strongest against a crime are more likely to commit it. Now get this, this same idiot attacked me earlier for not having kids and thus my non-emotional reaction to this thread was an indication that I must agree with the rape or some kind of ****.

    Glad he's banned. He wasn't worth the space on my screen.

  5. #265
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    I still can't believe almost everyone thinks I'm a troll or some heartless monster. Even though I have never said in any way that rape should be condoned. In fact I expressed my sympathy multiple times. I just don't understand how your train of thought works.
    In this situation people tend to be reactionaries. Note how many of them start out assuming the story is just as apparently stated and that all of the people arrested are guilty thus deserving of the severest of punishments.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  6. #266
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Every one of these animals if found guilty should be chemically castrated and sent to prison for a minimum of 25 years.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  7. #267
    Advisor Arcadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere far away.
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    390

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    In this situation people tend to be reactionaries. Note how many of them start out assuming the story is just as apparently stated and that all of the people arrested are guilty thus deserving of the severest of punishments.
    I think punishment and retribution are very juvenile concepts when regarding crime. In this case I think the perpetrators should simply be removed from society, to keep them from harming anyone else. Instead people are just saying they should be murdered or castrated. And my favorite, that they are somehow sub-human. This is one of the reasons I value logic over emotion.
    Last edited by Arcadius; 03-10-11 at 04:13 PM.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.~ Ernest Hemingway

  8. #268
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    I think punishment and retribution are very juvenile concepts when regarding crime. In this case I think the perpetrators should simply be removed from society, to keep them from harming anyone else. Instead people are just saying they should be murdered or castrated. And my favorite, that they are somehow sub-human. This is one of the reasons I value logic over emotion.
    removing them from society IS punishment, at least for most people it would be. punishment is valid, retribution is not, unless she was my daughter. then i would kill them. twice.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #269
    Advisor Arcadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere far away.
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    390

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    removing them from society IS punishment, at least for most people it would be. punishment is valid, retribution is not, unless she was my daughter. then i would kill them. twice.
    But you shouldn't be removing them to punish them. You should be removing them to prevent more harm. And then you would be arrested and get sent to prison, and your daughter wouldn't have her mother when she needs her most.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.~ Ernest Hemingway

  10. #270
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    But you shouldn't be removing them to punish them. You should be removing them to prevent more harm. And then you would be arrested and get sent to prison, and your daughter wouldn't have her mother when she needs her most.
    oh no......criminals should have some sort of punishment. and i doubt i would be sent to prison....what jury would do that?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


Page 27 of 63 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •