Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 630

Thread: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

  1. #251
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,613

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon of Light View Post
    It is not a question of interpretation. Legal consent and actual consent are not the same thing. As for pedophilia that is a term to describe a specific sexual appetite for pre-pubescent individuals. Someone who is 11 is not pre-pubescent. In fact, if this girl in question truly appeared to be as developed as many post-pubescent individuals then there is no aberration in their sexual interest at all.
    So, if this girl had been 17 instead of 11, being gang raped by 18 savages would have been perfectly acceptable. Is that really your point?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #252
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    So, if this girl had been 17 instead of 11, being gang raped by 18 savages would have been perfectly acceptable. Is that really your point?
    I'm not defending DoL's actual point of view, but do you guys really not realize that you're twisting people words and giving them meaning that is not there at all. He didn't condone rape anywhere in his post. WTF?

  3. #253
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,613

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I'm not defending DoL's actual point of view, but do you guys really not realize that you're twisting people words and giving them meaning that is not there at all. He didn't condone rape anywhere in his post. WTF?
    It sure sounded like it in the post I quoted, but maybe that was a misinterpretation on my part. Does it matter that the 11 year old "consented" to gang rape? Would it matter if the girl were of age?
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  4. #254
    Student
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    04-11-11 @ 09:43 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    295

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    This will probably be the last you hear of this.

  5. #255
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Couldn't happen in this country. Especially in Texas. Must be a mistake. She should have been carrying a gun.
    ind3eeds sehs shoulda abieen. not herefault though.


    strimgnem up.

  6. #256
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    It sure sounded like it in the post I quoted, but maybe that was a misinterpretation on my part. Does it matter that the 11 year old "consented" to gang rape? Would it matter if the girl were of age?
    I thought he was taking issue with the word 'rape' itself. Meaning the girl, at 11, could have consented in the sense of being able to say 'yes, i want to have sex'. Pointing this out doesn't look like condoning to me. He was pointing out the difference between actual and legal consent. For example, if an 18 year old had sex with his/her 17 year old boyfriend/girlfriend in some states, the law would call it statutory rape even though most us would say that the legal judgment of consent was not a good measure of the situation.

    That's a much more difficult argument to make for any 11 year old since their mental grasp of sex is much lower than that of a 17 year old and it's kind of a distasteful argument to bring up since she likely didn't just 'have sex' with 18 grown men, but I understand his argument.

    I personally think that even if an 11 year old says yes and is physically past puberty, she doesn't have the mental capacity to consent in any meaningful way.

  7. #257
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ind3eeds sehs shoulda abieen. not herefault though.


    strimgnem up.
    Your keyboard working OK?
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  8. #258
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    09-03-17 @ 09:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    314

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    I've just never met someone who actually had any idea what I was trying to say. It leads me to believe I'm just bad with words.
    Or it could be that you don't make any f***gin sense.

  9. #259
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by cholla View Post
    Or it could be that you don't make any f***gin sense.
    I understood him perfectly. Here's his argument in one sentence: When you evaluate this situation exclusively with reason, you can see that it has a much lower affect on humanity than other similarly violent crimes like genocide.

    But then everybody twisted this argument by insinuating that he was a sick, psychopathic pedophile for not evaluating it exclusively with emotion. It turns out though that you can evaluate things from a non-emotional standpoint and an emotional standpoint and still be a normal person.

  10. #260
    Advisor Arcadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere far away.
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    390

    Re: Eighteen involved in gang rape of 11 year old girl in Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I understood him perfectly. Here's his argument in one sentence: When you evaluate this situation exclusively with reason, you can see that it has a much lower affect on humanity than other similarly violent crimes like genocide.

    But then everybody twisted this argument by insinuating that he was a sick, psychopathic pedophile for not evaluating it exclusively with emotion. It turns out though that you can evaluate things from a non-emotional standpoint and an emotional standpoint and still be a normal person.
    Thanks again. I figured if I tried to explain again I would just be horribly misinterpreted.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.~ Ernest Hemingway

Page 26 of 63 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •