Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 419

Thread: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

  1. #351
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And you continually have your misuse of those charts pointed out. Has not slowed you down in the slightest.
    How have I misused charts and be specific, they are what they are. As I pointed out to Jet which of course you ignored percentage change is worthless unless the base is the same which it isn't when it comes to employment and unemployment. The higher the base the lower the percentage change when it comes to the unemployment and employment numbers, the same with GDP. Prove me charts were manipulated.

  2. #352
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post


    Several million jobs saved or created, GDP growth when it may not have been there, and all you can do is whine about it and try and distort.
    That is what liberals do, provide information that cannot be proven. The fact is BLS doesn't show saved jobs and BEA.gov shows very meager economic growth. The Treasury shows over a trillion dollars spent to generate 2 million less employed, 3.5 trillion added to the debt, and 2.8% GDP growth. You really need to raise your standards for success.

  3. #353
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post


    Several million jobs saved or created, GDP growth when it may not have been there, and all you can do is whine about it and try and distort.

    Please tell us how to calculate a "saved" job.....Talk about spin. By that terminology every job in America that didn't undergo a layoff, or company shutdown was saved.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #354
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    How have I misused charts and be specific, they are what they are. As I pointed out to Jet which of course you ignored percentage change is worthless unless the base is the same which it isn't when it comes to employment and unemployment. The higher the base the lower the percentage change when it comes to the unemployment and employment numbers, the same with GDP. Prove me charts were manipulated.
    Like your claim that the number of discouraged workers is how many become discouraged each month, or pointing to increased revenue after the Bush tax cuts as proof that tax cuts generate revenue.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #355
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is what liberals do, provide information that cannot be proven. The fact is BLS doesn't show saved jobs and BEA.gov shows very meager economic growth. The Treasury shows over a trillion dollars spent to generate 2 million less employed, 3.5 trillion added to the debt, and 2.8% GDP growth. You really need to raise your standards for success.
    You where the one who linked the the CBO analysis, and you cannot disprove it at all. You are the one who is spinning what happens. You cannot accept that the economy is getting better, and so you have to spin it any way you can to try and make good news bad.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #356
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Please tell us how to calculate a "saved" job.....Talk about spin. By that terminology every job in America that didn't undergo a layoff, or company shutdown was saved.


    j-mac
    The CBO is the foremost respected authority. The came up with the numbers from analysis of the data.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #357
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The CBO is the foremost respected authority. The came up with the numbers from analysis of the data.

    Like I said before, the CBO can only put out conclusions based on numbers given it specifically. It can not independently look at a situation and come up with the actual analysis. Also throw into the mix that Elmendorf was called into the Oval Office, surrounded 10 to 1 and told to play ball, it is no surprise that their numbers match the talking points of Obama's administration. But I assure you we the American people are being lied to.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #358
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Like your claim that the number of discouraged workers is how many become discouraged each month, or pointing to increased revenue after the Bush tax cuts as proof that tax cuts generate revenue.
    Does it matter whether or not they are monthly or cumulative? My question is why are all the other numbers monthly but discouraged workers cumulative? I believe they are monthly and posted why. Whether or not they are is irrelevant as they are dropped from being counted as unemployed.

    You claimed I manipulated the chart when the reality is the information is as I posted. Reducing the unemployment by a million is going to do what to the unemployment rate?

    As for the increased revenue, again tell the U.S. Treasury they got it wrong. I post the charts and comment on them. If you can prove that govt. revenue went down from a non partisan source then do so.

  9. #359
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:37 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Like I said before, the CBO can only put out conclusions based on numbers given it specifically. It can not independently look at a situation and come up with the actual analysis. Also throw into the mix that Elmendorf was called into the Oval Office, surrounded 10 to 1 and told to play ball, it is no surprise that their numbers match the talking points of Obama's administration. But I assure you we the American people are being lied to.


    j-mac
    So all you have to counter the numbers is unsubstantiated conspiracy nonsense. The will to believe what you want is strong in you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #360
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,273

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The CBO is the foremost respected authority. The came up with the numbers from analysis of the data.
    The CBO is respected only when it comes to the conclusion that liberals want, when it contradicts that liberal opinion the CBO is ignored.

Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •