Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 311 to 320 of 419

Thread: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

  1. #311
    User zeitgeist2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jamestown, NY....
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Absolutely...the thing that the Obamabots never want to talk about or admit is that in counting their supposed jobs, they count anything. If you were a software tech, that made upper 5 digits, and take a job working some check cashing hole for $9 an hour with no benefits, well then you are employed....Back to work...

    This group in the WH now lies with ease. Remember the stimulus jobs that were "saved" or "created"? They were counting some jobs more than one time, and even going as far as counting those jobs that only worked say 4 hours in any particular week as jobs for the month. What a joke.

    The numbers are skewed. I believe that the rate is really closer to 15% or even 20% when you take all the factors in to account. You want solid manufacturing, and business enterprise to come back to America? Then we have to show them the incentive to do such. And we have to sell them on the idea that America is great again. Something Obama can't do because he doesn't believe that.

    j-mac
    Correct.... It is all one big shell game perpetrated by the progressive global governance clowns in both the so-called two parties.... Watch the right hand while their left continues stripping the real wealth and power away from our people....

  2. #312
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    It's easier to blame Bush, than it is to explain how spending a trillion FAILED to improve the picture.
    It's easier to talk in mindless prepackaged soundbites than it is to show what you are claiming. Since all the evidence is that the stimulus did create jobs and grow the economy, in point of fact your argument is not just mindless but wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #313
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Except that you've been caught multiple times twisting Data, quoting it out of context and then denying or refusing to acknowledge that you've been caught.

    So you talking like this is well... ironic.

    Nonsense. "out of context" is a liberal cop out to ensure that they don't have to face reality. Look Jet, it takes what? 200K, 210K new jobs per month just to stay static in the unemployment numbers? His administration got close with the 192K but this ain't horseshoes. Yet they reported that the rate went down....it is a lie, and libs are gullible enough to buy it lock, stock, and barrel.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #314
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's easier to talk in mindless prepackaged soundbites than it is to show what you are claiming. Since all the evidence is that the stimulus did create jobs and grow the economy, in point of fact your argument is not just mindless but wrong.

    Um no it didn't.....Growing the economy means adding more jobs than just those to keep the country at the same levels without losing ground....I call it treading water.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #315
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,336
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Interesting, prove it. You buy what the other liberals tell you and ignore their distortion. What exactly have I misquoted or twisted? I give the sites where i get my information.
    That's rather funny because you know, you never addressed this post:

    Originally Posted by Conservative

    I offer facts that can be verified but often are ignored.
    Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti

    Conservative: "tax cuts in 2001-2002 were rebates, withholding rates were dropped as part of the tax cuts that went into effect July 2003."

    Oops: http://www.unclefed.com/IRS-Forms/2000/p15t.pdf
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

    Conservative: "It is easy to claim that Bush had a higher percentage of unemployment but notice you didn't mention Bush had a net job gain in his first two years and a net job gain over 8 whereas Obama has a net job loss in two years."

    Oops: 1/2001: 137,778,000; 1/2003: 137,417,000; Net job loss: 361,000 jobs; Bureau of Labor Statistics Data ___________________

    Conservative: "I posted what the CBO said. why aren't you concerned about the CBO stating that all those jobs created or saved cost 228k per job?"

    Oops: No mention anywhere in the CBO report of jobs costing $228,000 per job. http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/120xx/doc...02-23-ARRA.pdf
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

    Conservative: "Obama takes office and loses more jobs in 2010 than were lost in 2009 but of course that doesn't matter to the Obama cult."

    Oops: 2009: 2,858,000 jobs lost; 2010: 979,000 jobs gained; Bureau of Labor Statistics Data
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

    Conservative: "I suggest you stop acting like fool, they had access to exactly the same intelligence"

    Oops: Intelligence given to Bush: 96 page NIE; Intelligence given to 95% of Congress: http://usiraq.procon.org/sourcefiles...20Estimate.pdf
    __________________________________________________ ___________________

    Face it, Conservative, you wouldn't know a fact if you tripped over one.
    In fact you ran away from this post like it was a hot potato.

    Face it Conservative, you've lied about your "facts" in the past to push your agenda, its obvious and blatant and the more you run from that, the deeper a hole you dig, and the more we're all having a very good chuckle.

  6. #316
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Um no it didn't.....Growing the economy means adding more jobs than just those to keep the country at the same levels without losing ground....I call it treading water.


    j-mac
    GDP grew about 1.5 to 3.5 % due to the stimulus according to CBO, as per link provided by Conservative.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #317
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Nonsense. "out of context" is a liberal cop out to ensure that they don't have to face reality. Look Jet, it takes what? 200K, 210K new jobs per month just to stay static in the unemployment numbers? His administration got close with the 192K but this ain't horseshoes. Yet they reported that the rate went down....it is a lie, and libs are gullible enough to buy it lock, stock, and barrel.


    j-mac
    Not a lie... it just means that the labor force shrunk. There are five unemployed for every job opening. People are simply giving up. Retiring. Staying home with the kids. Screw this.

  8. #318
    Sage
    Taylor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    GDP grew about 1.5 to 3.5 % due to the stimulus according to CBO, as per link provided by Conservative.
    3.5% ? We haven't had a GDP that high since 2004. Or are you claiming that the stimulus worked because it raised it by that much for a single quarter?

  9. #319
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    3.5% ? We haven't had a GDP that high since 2004. Or are you claiming that the stimulus worked because it raised it by that much for a single quarter?
    Total since the stimulus package went into effect, not for one quarter. That would be why I did not use the word "quarter" or specify which.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #320
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    GDP grew about 1.5 to 3.5 % due to the stimulus according to CBO, as per link provided by Conservative.

    Elmendorf has been either bought, or threatened by the administration. I don't believe those numbers for one second.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •