Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 419

Thread: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

  1. #291
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    68,331

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I'm still waiting for your to offer up an intelilgent counter to the schooling Goldenboy put you through on the first page of this thread. The numbers are obviously something you don't fully understand, as has been made obvious by Goldenboy...and by your responses to his posts. I've not spouted any leftwing propoganda, I've just pointed out a glaring fact that some on here tend to forget, and that's the economic mess Obama inherited. That's not propoganda, that's reality. It took years to go into the freefall it was in and it isn't something that can be turned around on a dime. It's just more politically expedient to throw your hands up in the air and scream "Obama lost 7 million jobs" or some such nonsense...Reagan won the cold war and cutting taxes but not touching defense/social security/medicare will cure the deficit and blah blah blah.

    Pssshhh....
    I was always taught that when someone was making a complete ass of themselves just get out of the way and let them. You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you and you know where. I have posted the actual unemployment and employment numbers from BLS.gov so many times and yet they still get ignored. Instead you prefer some sites that ignore the facts. The fact remains that 1 million discouraged workers were dropped from the unemployment roles in February because they gave up looking for work. What happens when you drop 1000000 from the roles divided by the labor force? The unemployment rate drops. Now tell me where those discouraged workers show up on any graph? do you think discouraged workers are employed or unemployed?

    What I find extremely interesting is how liberals continue to try and destroy Reagan over 20 years after he left office. Why do you have such a problem keeping more of what you earn? Why do you care so much how much someone else makes or pays in taxes? More importantly why do you buy everything the left tells you and never verify the rhetoric by getting it from non partisan sites?

    Obama did not inherit what he helped create unless you think we elect a King who bypasses the Congress on every issue. Democrats controlled Congress from 2007-2011 and the results are there for all to see but you and others choose to ignore them. The question is why?

  2. #292
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,435

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I was always taught that when someone was making a complete ass of themselves just get out of the way and let them. You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you and you know where. I have posted the actual unemployment and employment numbers from BLS.gov so many times and yet they still get ignored. Instead you prefer some sites that ignore the facts. The fact remains that 1 million discouraged workers were dropped from the unemployment roles in February because they gave up looking for work. What happens when you drop 1000000 from the roles divided by the labor force? The unemployment rate drops. Now tell me where those discouraged workers show up on any graph? do you think discouraged workers are employed or unemployed?

    What I find extremely interesting is how liberals continue to try and destroy Reagan over 20 years after he left office. Why do you have such a problem keeping more of what you earn? Why do you care so much how much someone else makes or pays in taxes? More importantly why do you buy everything the left tells you and never verify the rhetoric by getting it from non partisan sites?

    Obama did not inherit what he helped create unless you think we elect a King who bypasses the Congress on every issue. Democrats controlled Congress from 2007-2011 and the results are there for all to see but you and others choose to ignore them. The question is why?
    Yep the gipper got most things wrong but occasionally he managed to stumble upon something right.


    "These are the values inspiring those brave workers in Poland ... They remind us that where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost."

    óRONALD REAGAN, Labor Day Address at Liberty State Park, 1980
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #293
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I was always taught that when someone was making a complete ass of themselves just get out of the way and let them. You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you and you know where. I have posted the actual unemployment and employment numbers from BLS.gov so many times and yet they still get ignored. Instead you prefer some sites that ignore the facts. The fact remains that 1 million discouraged workers were dropped from the unemployment roles in February because they gave up looking for work. What happens when you drop 1000000 from the roles divided by the labor force? The unemployment rate drops. Now tell me where those discouraged workers show up on any graph? do you think discouraged workers are employed or unemployed?

    What I find extremely interesting is how liberals continue to try and destroy Reagan over 20 years after he left office. Why do you have such a problem keeping more of what you earn? Why do you care so much how much someone else makes or pays in taxes? More importantly why do you buy everything the left tells you and never verify the rhetoric by getting it from non partisan sites?

    Obama did not inherit what he helped create unless you think we elect a King who bypasses the Congress on every issue. Democrats controlled Congress from 2007-2011 and the results are there for all to see but you and others choose to ignore them. The question is why?
    I agree 100% and would add that people who have taken part time jobs because ir's all they could find number in the humdreds of thousands and they too are dropped fom the rolls.

    It's all about manipulating the numbers and all the Liberals jumping on it like it meany something so it makes it look like all the failed Obama ideas worked when in fact they just spend millions and there is almst nothing of substance to show for all of it.

    We would have near zero unemployment had all that stimulus money just been divided up to each citizen. We would all solvent the mortgages would be all caught up and we would have new cars and and money in the bank.

  4. #294
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,435

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I was always taught that when someone was making a complete ass of themselves just get out of the way and let them. You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you and you know where. I have posted the actual unemployment and employment numbers from BLS.gov so many times and yet they still get ignored. Instead you prefer some sites that ignore the facts. The fact remains that 1 million discouraged workers were dropped from the unemployment roles in February because they gave up looking for work. What happens when you drop 1000000 from the roles divided by the labor force? The unemployment rate drops. Now tell me where those discouraged workers show up on any graph? do you think discouraged workers are employed or unemployed?

    What I find extremely interesting is how liberals continue to try and destroy Reagan over 20 years after he left office. Why do you have such a problem keeping more of what you earn? Why do you care so much how much someone else makes or pays in taxes? More importantly why do you buy everything the left tells you and never verify the rhetoric by getting it from non partisan sites?

    Obama did not inherit what he helped create unless you think we elect a King who bypasses the Congress on every issue. Democrats controlled Congress from 2007-2011 and the results are there for all to see but you and others choose to ignore them. The question is why?


    while you were perusing the bls database evidently you must have overlooked this little chart.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  5. #295
    User zeitgeist2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jamestown, NY....
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Gas prices have just went way up and all the media is saying jobs are on the rise...WHERE? More Lies to stop the people from rising up and taking back the Republic?

    I do not see one new business or industry of any kind.... All I see and hear is more jobs being lost both public and private.... Last I knew a few states were still in a state of emergency..... BANKRUPT!

    US states of emergency: In depth coverage of the financial crisis facing US state and local governments from the Financial Times
    Last edited by zeitgeist2012; 03-07-11 at 01:33 AM.

  6. #296
    User zeitgeist2012's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Jamestown, NY....
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    52

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    I hate the lies....

  7. #297
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,435

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by zeitgeist2012 View Post
    I hate the lies....
    Here ya go, move to Seattle, if your a techie and like rain have a go at it. 1900 hundred jobs.

    <Amid a sluggish job market and shaky economic recovery, the world's biggest Internet retailer is hiring like crazy at its headquarters complex. Consider Amazon's online jobs board: It lists about 1,900 openings in Seattle, at least twice as many as a year ago. More than 900 call for techies. >

    Business & Technology | Amazon.com on a hiring spree | Seattle Times Newspaper
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  8. #298
    Student
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    98053
    Last Seen
    04-19-15 @ 03:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    264

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Now for the rest of the story, since Obama has taken office over a million people per month have dropped out of the labor market. Guess that is a success to liberals.

    Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
    Original Data Value

    Series Id: LNS13000000
    Seasonally Adjusted
    Series title: (Seas) Unemployment Level
    Labor force status: Unemployed
    Type of data: Number in thousands
    Age: 16 years and over
    Years: 2000 to 2010

    Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
    2000 5708 5858 5733 5481 5758 5651 5747 5853 5625 5534 5639 5634
    2001 6023 6089 6141 6271 6226 6484 6583 7042 7142 7694 8003 8258
    2002 8182 8215 8304 8599 8399 8393 8390 8304 8251 8307 8520 8640
    2003 8520 8618 8588 8842 8957 9266 9011 8896 8921 8732 8576 8317
    2004 8370 8167 8491 8170 8212 8286 8136 7990 7927 8061 7932 7934
    2005 7784 7980 7737 7672 7651 7524 7406 7345 7553 7453 7566 7279
    2006 7059 7185 7075 7122 6977 6998 7154 7097 6853 6728 6883 6784
    2007 7085 6898 6725 6845 6765 6966 7113 7096 7200 7273 7284 7696
    2008 7628 7435 7793 7631 8397 8560 8895 9509 9569 10172 10617 11400
    2009 11919 12714 13310 13816 14518 14721 14534 14993 15159 15612 15340 15267
    2010 14837 14871 15005 15260 14973 14623 14599 14860 14767 14843 15119 14485
    2011 13863 13673
    Discouraged workers
    2008 467 396 401 412 400 420 461 381 467 484 608 642
    2009 734 731 685 740 792 793 796 758 706 808 861 929
    2010 1065 1204 994 1197 1083 1207 1185 1110 1209 1219 1282 1318
    2011 993 1020

    Unemployed + Discouraged
    2008 8095 7831 8194 8043 8797 8980 9356 9890 10036 10656 11225 12042
    2009 12653 13445 13995 14556 15310 15514 15330 15751 15865 16420 16201 16196
    2010 15902 16075 15999 16457 16056 15830 15784 15970 15976 16062 16401 15803
    2011 14856 14693

    Apparently 14.693 million unemployed is a success to a liberal. The only liberals touting these numbers must be the ones that are either in school or have a job.

    Since the Obama "recovery" began 20 months ago, the national unemployment rate has fallen only half a point, from 9.4 percent in July 2009 to 8.9 percent today. Contrast those anemic results with the robust job growth that occurred during the Reagan recovery in the ’80s. By the 20-month mark of the Reagan recovery, unemployment had dropped from 10.8 percent to 7.5 percent – a 3.3-point drop.
    Source: http://blog.heritage.org/2011/03/04/...eaving-behind/
    I'm not sure from where you get your "million a month" number. Your numbers show that total unemployed+discouaged was 12.6M in Jan 2009 when Obama started and is now 14.7. 2.1M/25 = 84K month. How do arrive at 1M/mo?

    I did notice that in Bush's last 12 months the total unemployeed+discouraged increased by 4.6M or about 383K/mo. I also notice that the current trend is in the right direction.

  9. #299
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,435

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by zip98053 View Post
    I'm not sure from where you get your "million a month" number. Your numbers show that total unemployed+discouaged was 12.6M in Jan 2009 when Obama started and is now 14.7. 2.1M/25 = 84K month. How do arrive at 1M/mo?

    I did notice that in Bush's last 12 months the total unemployeed+discouraged increased by 4.6M or about 383K/mo. I also notice that the current trend is in the right direction.
    Don,t bother conservative with the truth he will have none of it.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #300
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    I’m trying my best to be polite to you barbarian but I must admit your making it rather hard with your lack of reading comprehension and all. Do you remember when I referred you to post #212? Where I said this in response to post #208.




    <When all is added up, it would be a pretty safe bet that they might even pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes than the top percent.>


    You say I proved your point. How did I prove your point when evidently you didn’t comprehend and guess you still don’t comprehend the point is was making wasn’t about income taxes? Here I will bold some pertinent parts for you.

    Pay particular attention to the part that is not only bolded but underlined as well.
    I am glad you are trying to be polite, but perhaps you should do some reading of your own .. I cut most of your post .. and highlighted what I responded to ... and here was what I said

    -chuckles- Oh I know, you were pointing out that they do pay some taxes, it was your comparison of saying they pay as a percentage of income more then those that do pay income taxes I was taking exception to.

    Now if you didn't understand that what I questioned, was your statement "they might even pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes than the top percent." then maybe I didn't make it clear enough for you.
    Last edited by The Barbarian; 03-07-11 at 08:15 AM.

Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •