Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 419

Thread: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

  1. #281
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    FICA IS Social Security tax or didn't you know? And that is like putting money into a 401K.
    Except that it is not. At all. In any way shape or form similar. Furthermore, Medicare is not retirement. Stop being a dishonest hack.

    Is investing in retirement a tax? You just cannot help yourself can you? Diverting not only from the thread topic but also from the income tax issue that 47% don't pay?
    You dishonestly (As you always do) argued that because those 47% use services, they should be taxed and it's unfair they aren't. Except that they ARE taxed for the 2 largest programs in the budget, and do use services

    Conservative, completely dishonest. As usual.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #282
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    obvious Child;1059330078]Except that it is not. At all. In any way shape or form similar. Furthermore, Medicare is not retirement. Stop being a dishonest hack.
    Need some help reading what I posted? Never said that Medicare was retirement. Maybe you ought to think before you post or get someone to read my posts to you so you don't just see what you want to see.



    You dishonestly (As you always do) argued that because those 47% use services, they should be taxed and it's unfair they aren't. Except that they ARE taxed for the 2 largest programs in the budget, and do use services

    Conservative, completely dishonest. As usual.

    Sounds a lot like a personal attack but I have come to expect that from you. Again you seem to do what most liberals do, ignore FEDERAL INCOME TAXES and the services those provide vs. use taxes for retirement and healthcare. One of these days you are going to realize how foolish you have been. Here is what Federal Income Taxes fund. Tell me that the people who don't pay any income taxes don't get benefit or use these services?

    Defense
    International Affairs
    Gen. Science, Space
    Energy
    Natural resources/env
    Agriculture
    Commerce
    Transportation
    Community Dev
    Education/Train/Social
    Health
    Income Security
    Veterans Benefits
    Justice
    General Govt.
    Net Interest

    Oh, by the way FICA is indeed the tax to fund SS and Medicare. Doesn't look like your research is reliable.
    Last edited by Conservative; 03-06-11 at 05:28 PM.

  3. #283
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by washunut View Post
    Let me just point to one of the items you mention. The average homeowner in the town I live in pays 9% of their income on property taxes. The median home is moderate about 350K. How many people who pay no federal income tax can afford a home like that? If they broke out the statistics, you would find most of those who pay no tax rent, thus property taxes are well below the norm.

    Also, a lot of the taxes you point to are state or local. So even had you been correct it would be meaningless to the debate of federal taxation.

    Honest debate is fun, this gottya type stuff less so, getting boring.
    I was responding to the bolded part of this question from post #208 <How do the middle class subsidize tax cuts to the wealthy when 47% don't pay any Federal Income taxes? >

    Then you come up with this question for me. <How many people who pay no federal income tax can afford a home like that? > Which I will respond with a… HUH? What the hell is your point?

    Where did I say or imply that people with an income that is below the poverty level would be renting, or purchasing, a $350 thousand-dollar home? Even with in the loose credit of the bush years, that would be a tough nut to crack,plus manage to feed the family.


    Then you post this meaningless s*** < Also, a lot of the taxes you point to are state or local. So even had you been correct it would be meaningless to the debate of federal taxation.>

    Did you read anything that I posted? Don’t look like you even skimmed any of them. If not I suggest you go back and read them.

    If and when you do decide to read any of my post, I suggest that you read post #227, where I showed that Social Security and Medicare, is the biggest chunk of tax that is paid by the working poor. So why would a 7.65% chunk of the working poors pay be, as you say, “meaningless to the debate of federal taxation “?


    Now to the cherry that you dropped in me lap.

    You can rest easy, and take down the barricades of your gated community, because the working poor are not likely to be moving in anytime soon.

    Reason one. Odds are that they couldn’t scrape up the $70 K down stroke. If for some reason they managed to hit the lottery, they couldn’t afford the payment of $1500 hundred a month and be able to eat as well.

    Reason two, Renting would be out of question as well, the rent of a for $350 K even in this market would run at a minimum of $2500.I,m getting 1% of the houses value, but sadly none of my rentals are in the $350 K range.
    Last edited by Donc; 03-06-11 at 05:34 PM.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  4. #284
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    Yes, Congressman Lincoln lied. The source of the information is immaterial if it is correct... or so many on this board keep telling me.


    United States federal budget - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Proposal.


    From yuor own link...


    Re-read (if you bothered to read it a first time) the linked site. It's all about information that the President submits to Congress, and 'proposed expenditures'.

    Congress, through appropriations bills, writes the actual budget.


    I guess Harkin is lying too, right Redress???
    how congress writes a budget



    Of course, I don't expect Redress to admit error.
    Apparently I am correct... yet again.

  5. #285
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,315

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Hmmmm....192K jobs created eh? well, that makes up for the some 7 million or so he's lost....There all better now.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #286
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    No. AT&T receives a subsidy for offering retiree drug coverage; the new law does not allow it to remain tax exempt. Therefore you have just been arguing in favor of corporate welfare.
    I thought I read somewhere that subsidy was given, because it was cheaper to give that subsidy, then to have at&t drop that coverage, that then would be picked up by medicare, but at a higher price ..

  7. #287
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Obama will be re-elected in 2012. Hahahah!

    /thread
    *insert profound statement here*

  8. #288
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hmmmm....192K jobs created eh? well, that makes up for the some 7 million or so he's lost....There all better now.


    j-mac
    This is the type of hysterical, ignorant bull**** that makes politicians and their strategists giggle. Obama's policies didn't lose this nation 7 million jobs. The nosedive our economy was in from the previous 8 years had a pretty big influence on the situation. To deny this is just evidence of how gullible and ignorant some people are.
    *insert profound statement here*

  9. #289
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    This is the type of hysterical, ignorant bull**** that makes politicians and their strategists giggle. Obama's policies didn't lose this nation 7 million jobs. The nosedive our economy was in from the previous 8 years had a pretty big influence on the situation. To deny this is just evidence of how gullible and ignorant some people are.
    Sounds like you read leftwing blogs and ignore non partisan sites. The numbers simply don't support your claim, Obama has 2 million jobs less today than when he took office but he relies on people like you to ignore the facts and continue to spout the leftwing propaganda.

  10. #290
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sounds like you read leftwing blogs and ignore non partisan sites. The numbers simply don't support your claim, Obama has 2 million jobs less today than when he took office but he relies on people like you to ignore the facts and continue to spout the leftwing propaganda.
    I'm still waiting for your to offer up an intelilgent counter to the schooling Goldenboy put you through on the first page of this thread. The numbers are obviously something you don't fully understand, as has been made obvious by Goldenboy...and by your responses to his posts. I've not spouted any leftwing propoganda, I've just pointed out a glaring fact that some on here tend to forget, and that's the economic mess Obama inherited. That's not propoganda, that's reality. It took years to go into the freefall it was in and it isn't something that can be turned around on a dime. It's just more politically expedient to throw your hands up in the air and scream "Obama lost 7 million jobs" or some such nonsense...Reagan won the cold war and cutting taxes but not touching defense/social security/medicare will cure the deficit and blah blah blah.

    Pssshhh....
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •