Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 419

Thread: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

  1. #211
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    why do 800 toobigs want out?

    why are they allowed to go?

    what will ms sebelius say to the next hundred (or thousand) who apply?

    http://www.hhs.gov/ociio/regulations...or_waiver.html
    Last edited by The Prof; 03-05-11 at 04:43 PM.

  2. #212
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, you do realize that 47% of the income earners don't pay ANY Federal Income Taxes? Why would they get a tax cut? Again why do you care how much someone else pays in Federal Income taxes since obviously you don't care about the 47% that don't pay any Federal Income Taxes?
    It seems that you are overlooking a few things conservative. The “47% of the income earners” that you say pay no tax. Maybe not income taxes but when all the tax that they pay is added up, I would imagine it would come out that overall their tax bill would be comparable.

    Considering that they pay a higher percentage of their income on gas tax, a higher percentage of their income on property tax, pay a higher percentage of their income on sales tax, pay a higher percentage of their income on tolls (where there are tolls). a higher percentage of their income on Social Security tax and a higher percentage of their income on Medicare tax.

    When all is added up, it would be a pretty safe bet that they might even pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes than the top percent.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  3. #213
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    It seems that you are overlooking a few things conservative. The “47% of the income earners” that you say pay no tax. Maybe not income taxes but when all the tax that they pay is added up, I would imagine it would come out that overall their tax bill would be comparable.

    Considering that they pay a higher percentage of their income on gas tax, a higher percentage of their income on property tax, pay a higher percentage of their income on sales tax, pay a higher percentage of their income on tolls (where there are tolls). a higher percentage of their income on Social Security tax and a higher percentage of their income on Medicare tax.

    When all is added up, it would be a pretty safe bet that they might even pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes than the top percent.
    The President doesn't control state or local taxes and Bush's tax cuts were Federal Income tax cuts. It wasn't me that said that 47% of income earners don't pay any Federal Income taxes it was the IRS. You have a problem with the numbers take it up with them, not that you even care or would understand the answers.

    People that don't drive, don't pay gasoline taxes, people that don't own homes pay very little if any in property taxes, people that don't drive toll roads don't pay any tolls, but people who don't pay any Federal Income taxes still get benefits from the Federal Govt and pay nothing for it.

    I do realize that I have to be very specific with liberals therefore I always make sure that when I say taxes I state FEDERAL INCOME TAXES. Still you ignore it

    From my post to Catawba

    you do realize that 47% of the income earners don't pay ANY Federal Income Taxes?
    Last edited by Conservative; 03-05-11 at 04:52 PM.

  4. #214
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    meanwhile, big picture:

    housing is buckled, no shore up in sight

    revenues from property taxes are miniscule

    fannie and fred are looking at a half T

    the muni markets are necessarily downgraded

    public pensions at the state level alone are 2.5T under

    medicaid is unmanageable---NOW

    interest on the national debt is soon to approach 1T per

    oil is exploding, food prices are becoming an international crisis

    obamacare raises three quarters of a T in new "revenues," says cbo

    the gao this week reported a full half T of pfft, "most of it in the last 2 years"

    the fed has obligated 2.7T of public trust in UNDIVERSIFIED junk

    the president's proposals are all punt

    and debateforums members wanna quibble, score little points against their anonymous little nemeses

    you're just not serious

  5. #215
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    QUOTE Conservative

    The President doesn't control state or local taxes and Bush's tax cuts were Federal Income tax cuts. It wasn't me that said that 47% of income earners don't pay any Federal Income taxes it was the IRS.
    I coulda sworn you said this in post #208 "How do the middle class subsidize tax cuts to the wealthy when 47% don't pay any Federal Income taxes?".

    People that don't drive, don't pay gasoline taxes,
    Out of a population of 307,006,550,we have 254.4 million registered passenger vehicles. Hhmm…according to my handy dandy calculator that comes pretty close to 84%, then you have a whole bunch of (trucking) owner Opps on the road driving two, sometimes three thousand miles a week,paying exorbitant prices for diesel fuel. I’m guessing it wouldn’t be a stretch to say that at least 90% of the population pays tax on fuel.

    people that don't own homes pay very little if any in property taxes,
    Sure they do, when they pay the lease/rent.Cost passed on by the property owner,

    people that don't drive toll roads don't pay any tolls,
    Sure they do, when they buy groceries.% of freight charges is passed on, as is the fuel surcharge.

    but people who don't pay any Federal Income taxes still get benefits from the Federal Govt and pay nothing for it.

    Did it slip your mind what my premise was?

    The percent of income ”all of the taxes that the 47% that you claimed didn’t pay income tax”, was equal to the percent of taxes that the top percent pay in income taxes.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  6. #216
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    I coulda sworn you said this in post #208 "How do the middle class subsidize tax cuts to the wealthy when 47% don't pay any Federal Income taxes?".



    Out of a population of 307,006,550,we have 254.4 million registered passenger vehicles. Hhmm…according to my handy dandy calculator that comes pretty close to 84%, then you have a whole bunch of (trucking) owner Opps on the road driving two, sometimes three thousand miles a week,paying exorbitant prices for diesel fuel. I’m guessing it wouldn’t be a stretch to say that at least 90% of the population pays tax on fuel.



    Sure they do, when they pay the lease/rent.Cost passed on by the property owner,



    Sure they do, when they buy groceries.% of freight charges is passed on, as is the fuel surcharge.




    Did it slip your mind what my premise was?

    The percent of income ”all of the taxes that the 47% that you claimed didn’t pay income tax”, was equal to the percent of taxes that the top percent pay in income taxes.
    Obviously you need to actually do some research for a change, the 47% that don't pay any Federal Income taxes all make 50,000 or less per year according to the IRS. The rest of your post is typical from you, saying nothing of value.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    421

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    It seems that you are overlooking a few things conservative. The “47% of the income earners” that you say pay no tax. Maybe not income taxes but when all the tax that they pay is added up, I would imagine it would come out that overall their tax bill would be comparable.

    Considering that they pay a higher percentage of their income on gas tax, a higher percentage of their income on property tax, pay a higher percentage of their income on sales tax, pay a higher percentage of their income on tolls (where there are tolls). a higher percentage of their income on Social Security tax and a higher percentage of their income on Medicare tax.

    When all is added up, it would be a pretty safe bet that they might even pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes than the top percent.
    And of course all these EVIL successful wealthy people are exempt from paying all those local, city, county, state, sales tax..etc, not to mention that when the Government takes their (evil rich's) money in taxes the government always wastes it to purchase more votes by providing more entitlements to less fortunate (supposed) because NUMBERS MATTER in a representative democracy. But...if the successful people keep their money they spend it...on things like buying triple digit autos, million dollar homes, 1000 dollars dinners..etc.....all of which MAKE JOBS on main street instead of being divided up among the politicians private bank accounts through lobby kickbacks, special interest groups pet projects...etc.,

    The truth in this nation is the fact that once POLITICIANS realized they could use WE THE PEOPLE'S money to promote CLASS WARFARE and envy by buying their votes with the promise of entitlement, security, nanny care...etc., this REPUBLIC was over and the US began to be swallowed up into the same trap of corruption that engulfs all SOCIALIST nations..the politicians became hungry for power and wealth and citizens became lazy and started to game the system. And evidence to make this conclusion beyond the reason for any sane person to doubt? Really, do you accept as truth that almost half or 150,000,000 of all the citizens in these United States are so impoverished that they need to be exempt from paying TAXES at any level AND IN FACT...almost always get a REBATE welfare check from BIG BROTHER at the end of the Tax Year? Really?

    Once the 50% number is breeched and the majority always vote to KEEP their entitlements....there will be a ONE PARTY take over and its instant tyranny. The "ONLY" reason that it is not as bad as it could be right now? THE drones who live off Big Brother's thievery of WE THE PEOPLE'S wealth are so lazy...they by majority do not even vote as of right now we are lucky to get a 40% turn out....but let someone threaten their piece of the cherry pie...and you GET "WISCONSIN" all over the United States, which is not really any different than Greece, Spain, France, England..etc., People by nature are just like water or electricity, they will take the path of less resistance...if they can get by without working or working as little as they can for the most amount of coin....DAMN STRAIGHT they will riot when their apple cart is about to be turned over. These damn democrats are playing with fire and being used and simply fail to see the big picture.
    Last edited by Walter; 03-05-11 at 06:26 PM.

  8. #218
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obviously you need to actually do some research for a change, the 47% that don't pay any Federal Income taxes all make 50,000 or less per year according to the IRS. The rest of your post is typical from you, saying nothing of value.
    I guess this post is an admission that you don’t have anything to say about what I have posted then. Here, take another look at it, maybe something will kick in.



    < Considering that they pay a higher percentage of their income on gas tax, a higher percentage of their income on property tax, pay a higher percentage of their income on sales tax, pay a higher percentage of their income on tolls (where there are tolls). a higher percentage of their income on Social Security tax and a higher percentage of their income on Medicare tax.>
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  9. #219
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    And of course all these EVIL successful wealthy people are exempt from paying all those local, city, county, state, sales tax..etc, not to mention that when the Government takes their (evil rich's) money in taxes the government always wastes it to purchase more votes by providing more entitlements to less fortunate (supposed) because NUMBERS MATTER in a representative democracy. But...if the successful people keep their money they spend it...on things like buying triple digit autos, million dollar homes, 1000 dollars dinners..etc.....all of which MAKE JOBS on main street instead of being divided up among the politicians private bank accounts through lobby kickbacks, special interest groups pet projects...etc.,

    The truth in this nation is the fact that once POLITICIANS realized they could use WE THE PEOPLE'S money to promote CLASS WARFARE and envy by buying their votes with the promise of entitlement, security, nanny care...etc., this REPUBLIC was over and the US began to be swallowed up into the same trap of corruption that engulfs all SOCIALIST nations..the politicians became hungry for power and wealth and citizens became lazy and started to game the system. And evidence to make this conclusion beyond the reason for any sane person to doubt? Really, do you accept as truth that almost half or 150,000,000 of all the citizens in these United States are so impoverished that they need to be exempt from paying TAXES at any level AND IN FACT...almost always get a REBATE welfare check from BIG BROTHER at the end of the Tax Year? Really?

    Once the 50% number is breeched and the majority always vote to KEEP their entitlements....there will be a ONE PARTY take over and its instant tyranny. The "ONLY" reason that it is not as bad as it could be right now? THE drones who live off Big Brother's thievery of WE THE PEOPLE'S wealth are so lazy...they by majority do not even vote as of right now we are lucky to get a 40% turn out....but let someone threaten their piece of the cherry pie...and you GET "WISCONSIN" all over the United States, which is not really any different than Greece, Spain, France, England..etc., People by nature are just like water or electricity, they will take the path of less resistance...if they can get by without working or working as little as they can for the most amount of coin....DAMN STRAIGHT they will riot when their apple cart is about to be turned over. These damn democrats are playing with fire and being used and simply fail to see the big picture.
    Hhmm…are you trying to set a record of how many straw men you can squeeze into a post? Keep trying, I believe I have seen a few that have beat this post out…not many but a few.
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  10. #220
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    I guess this post is an admission that you don’t have anything to say about what I have posted then. Here, take another look at it, maybe something will kick in.



    < Considering that they pay a higher percentage of their income on gas tax, a higher percentage of their income on property tax, pay a higher percentage of their income on sales tax, pay a higher percentage of their income on tolls (where there are tolls). a higher percentage of their income on Social Security tax and a higher percentage of their income on Medicare tax.>
    What does that have to do with the post saying that the IRS says that 47% of all income earners DON'T PAY ANY FEDERAL INCOME TAXES? What does percentage of income have to do with it since most of the taxes you list are use taxes not income taxes? Do people who don't pay any Federal Income taxes use any of the services that the rest of the taxpayers provide?

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •