Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 419

Thread: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

  1. #11
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Where have you been lately?

    Anyway, I'll respond with my usual answer that this is artificial growth doomed to another crash. And the cycle starts all over again.
    No matter how it is spun, the govt. cannot spend our way to prosperity.

    Debt by year

    09/30/2010 13,561,623,030,891.79
    09/30/2009 11,909,829,003,511.75
    09/30/2008 10,024,724,896,912.49

  2. #12
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:15 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,375
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added - Yahoo! News

    If this keeps up. Like him or not, Obama will be unbeatable in 2012.
    ROTFLOL...

    1. Let's wait for the "correction".

    2. Unbeatable? This guy has made a bigger mess than a dog that ate itself silly followed it up with a kilo of Exlax and was left in the house with the doors locked.

    Obama has a record of ineptness and hostility now. No teleprompteur speeches, no hollow tag lines, no Greek columns will put this Humpty Dumpty back together again.

    There aren't enough Kool-Aid drinkers. You did notice Scott Brown winning the Dead Kennedy seat, the historic ass kicking midterms, etc... did you not? Obama was an anomoly. A wabbit from da hat... just as the Libs used Foley in the 06 midterms.

    They'z aints gots no mo wabbits.

    .

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #13
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    Where have you been lately?
    Work and school take about 90 hours of my week

    Anyway, I'll respond with my usual answer that this is artificial growth doomed to another crash. And the cycle starts all over again.
    And ill retort with how this is still better than your alternative; once every 79 years as opposed to once every 5 seems more efficient to me!
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #14
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    So adding 3.5 trillion to the debt to get these numbers and still have 14.7 million reported to be unemployed is a positive for you? If you generated these kind of numbers after spending this kind of money would you still be employed?
    The debt would have increased by nearly by a fraction greater than (1/2) of that total, given that increases in unemployment in the financial sector greatly reduces tax receipts (this is one of the higher earning employment demographics). The additional spending was necessary to prevent that other number you provided from reaching 25 million.

    As has been explained to you as well
    You have explained nothing.


    17% interest rates, double digit unemployment was worse then than now but maybe you didn't get your new IPhone which makes it a depression.
    First off i rock a droid x.

    Secondly, you are wrong based on real wealth loss differentials alone. Americans witnessed nearly $14 trillion in wealth vanish within a year. That is remarkably close to 100% of GDP.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #15
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    The debt would have increased by nearly by a fraction greater than (1/2) of that total, given that increases in unemployment in the financial sector greatly reduces tax receipts (this is one of the higher earning employment demographics). The additional spending was necessary to prevent that other number you provided from reaching 25 million.



    You have explained nothing.




    First off i rock a droid x.

    Secondly, you are wrong based on real wealth loss differentials alone. Americans witnessed nearly $14 trillion in wealth vanish within a year. That is remarkably close to 100% of GDP.
    Sorry but when I gave you the numbers for 1981 I would have thought that you would understand the numbers, apparently not. Try buying a home for 17% interest rates? 10.8% Unemployment! So you don't know what you think you know but like all other intellectual elites you have no problem spouting your opinions off as fact. Those of us that lived and worked during the 81 recession are better equiped to compare that recession to the one we are in now and Obama "never let a good crisis go to waste" to sell his agenda which has failed.

    14 trillion in wealth vanished? Amazing, 14.3 trillion in debt also appeared. as stated the govt. cannot spend us to prosperity.

  6. #16
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Sorry but when I gave you the numbers for 1981 I would have thought that you would understand the numbers, apparently not. Try buying a home for 17% interest rates? 10.8% Unemployment! So you don't know what you think you know but like all other intellectual elites you have no problem spouting your opinions off as fact. Those of us that lived and worked during the 81 recession are better equiped to compare that recession to the one we are in now and Obama "never let a good crisis go to waste" to sell his agenda which has failed.
    Opinionated drivel counts as squat, again do try and keep up!

    14 trillion in wealth vanished? Amazing, 14.3 trillion in debt also appeared. as stated the govt. cannot spend us to prosperity.
    $14.3 trillion did not appear in the span of a year. The republican administrations you so blindly support have a great deal to do with it; more than this current administration.

    Since you like to post figures, lets up the stakes with some real analysis. Can you find the composition of total debt by each administration in terms of 4 years? Then for more fun, calculate which administrations had the greatest percentage increases in the federal debt. The results would hopefully give you some much needed perspective.

    You cannot spend your way to prosperity, but you can stave off a greater depression.
    Last edited by Kushinator; 03-04-11 at 01:19 PM.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  7. #17
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,321

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    ROTFLOL...

    1. Let's wait for the "correction".

    2. Unbeatable? This guy has made a bigger mess than a dog that ate itself silly followed it up with a kilo of Exlax and was left in the house with the doors locked.

    Obama has a record of ineptness and hostility now. No teleprompteur speeches, no hollow tag lines, no Greek columns will put this Humpty Dumpty back together again.

    There aren't enough Kool-Aid drinkers. You did notice Scott Brown winning the Dead Kennedy seat, the historic ass kicking midterms, etc... did you not? Obama was an anomoly. A wabbit from da hat... just as the Libs used Foley in the 06 midterms.

    They'z aints gots no mo wabbits.

    .

    .
    And yet through all that rhetoric the polls show that he would beat any of your leading republican candidates in a presidential race. What does that say about your field of candidates when they are not favored to beat " a president who has made a bigger mess than a dog that ate itself silly followed it up with a kilo of Exlax and was left in the house with the doors locked. With a 9 percent unemployment rate btw."

  8. #18
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by rcart76 View Post
    Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added - Yahoo! News

    If this keeps up. Like him or not, Obama will be unbeatable in 2012.
    Hopefully we are starting create many more jobs that were lost in the Bush recession.


  9. #19
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Opinionated drivel counts as squat, again do try and keep up!



    $14.3 trillion did not appear in the span of a year. The republican administrations you so blindly support have a great deal to do with it; more than this current administration.

    Since you like to post figures, lets up the stakes with some real analysis. Can you find the composition of total debt by each administration in terms of 4 years? Then for more fun, calculate which administrations had the greatest percentage increases in the federal debt. The results would hopefully give you some much needed perspective.
    Let's see how you answer the following: An employee is hired to create jobs and clean up a previous employees mess. That employee spends over a trillion dollars, adds 3.5 trillion to the debt and has 2 million less business than he had when he started. Does he keep his job?

    What I love are intellectual elites spinning a 2 million reduction in employment and 3.5 trillion added to the debt as positive by using percentages to keep from focusing on real people. 2 million less PEOPLE are working today than when Obama took office. Tell me they appreciate the fact that the percentage is lower?

  10. #20
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,250

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Hopefully we are starting create many more jobs that were lost in the Bush recession.
    Let me know when the employment numbers gets back to the level it was when Obama took office?

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •