Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 419

Thread: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

  1. #161
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, Bush passed supplementals but Bush didn't designed the Afghanistan surge and that is the supplemental Obama proposed and signed in June 2009. I know this is hard for you to understand or probably even remember but we were attacked on 9/11 from Afghanistan. Obama called Afghanistan the "good war" but that isn't even the issue. Keep trying to divert from the Obama lie that he inherited a 1.3 trillion deficit.
    You keep showing only part of the picture. Most of the supplemental spending was not for the surge in Afghanistan. Most of it was going to have to be spent anyways as a result of Bush's policy. You could even argue that if Bush had kept Afghanistan as a priority, that the surge would not have been necessary, but that is impossible to prove either way.

    Almost an apology, that is a start.
    One of us is not afraid to admit when they say something wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #162
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That isn't what Obama said. There was no projected 1.3 trillion dollar deficit until after TARP and the Obama stimulus.
    Technically correct. 1.3b is what the deficit would have been if Obama had done nothing. By the way, stimulus spending for 2009: 190m, or 0.19b. http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/106xx/doc...11-30-ARRA.pdf
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #163
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    We the People were led to believe that if they threw 1.4 Trillion dollars at Wall St., Fannie and Freddie, General Electric, General Motors, The UNIONS.....etc., that MAIN ST. would not witness more than an 8% rate of unemployment....WHAT UP? Now, two years later we are BRAGGING about a 9% rate as being a good thing and on course for the plan..really? And, if a bullfrog had wings...yada, yada, yada, he would not bump his proverbial ass every time he jumped.
    If you believed that, it is only because you did not actually pay attention to what was said. The word "projection" has meaning. In point of fact, the document the numbers came from made numerous references to the fact that the numbers where projections and could change, possibly significantly.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Redress;1059326638]You keep showing only part of the picture. Most of the supplemental spending was not for the surge in Afghanistan. Most of it was going to have to be spent anyways as a result of Bush's policy. You could even argue that if Bush had kept Afghanistan as a priority, that the surge would not have been necessary, but that is impossible to prove either way.
    Sorry, but that simply isn't true, Afghanistan supplementals as I posted was for the surge authorized and proposed by Obama. Bush's policy? Bush's policy was Constitutional in that it requires the CIC to defend and protect this country. Afghanistan is where the attacks originated and almost 3000 Americans were killed. Whether or not it was Bush's war, it was Obama's surge and that contributed to the 2009 deficit.

    You can speculate until hell freezes over and that won't change the Obama lie. He could have easily reduced the deficit by applying TARP repayment to the expense but didn't. He could have easily not proposed the 787 billion stimulus plan. "Your" President lied and you continue to defend him.


    One of us is not afraid to admit when they say something wrong.[/QUOTE]

  5. #165
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Technically correct. 1.3b is what the deficit would have been if Obama had done nothing. By the way, stimulus spending for 2009: 190m, or 0.19b. http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/106xx/doc...11-30-ARRA.pdf
    The projection was before the Stimulus plan which was 787 billion dollars and was with TARP of which 350 billion was left for Obama but didn't have to be spent but was. None of the repayment ever hit the budget but instead was respent on other items. So, again Obama lied about inheriting a deficit when he helped create it.

  6. #166
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Let me know when the employment numbers gets back to the level it was when Obama took office?
    We are almost there now!

    U.S. unemployment lowest since April '09

    "U.S. employers added 192,000 positions in February, as the national unemployment rate edged lower to 8.9 percent from 9 percent in January, according to data released Friday by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

    The 8.9 percent unemployment rate is the lowest level since April 2009.

    Since February 2010, total U.S. payroll employment has risen by 1.3 million jobs.

    Last month, manufacturing employment rose by 33,000. Construction employment also added 33,000 positions, following a loss of 22,000 jobs in January."


    Read more: U.S. unemployment lowest since April '09 | The Business Journal
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #167
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    We are almost there now!

    U.S. unemployment lowest since April '09

    "U.S. employers added 192,000 positions in February, as the national unemployment rate edged lower to 8.9 percent from 9 percent in January, according to data released Friday by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.

    The 8.9 percent unemployment rate is the lowest level since April 2009.

    Since February 2010, total U.S. payroll employment has risen by 1.3 million jobs.

    Last month, manufacturing employment rose by 33,000. Construction employment also added 33,000 positions, following a loss of 22,000 jobs in January."


    Read more: U.S. unemployment lowest since April '09 | The Business Journal
    Congratulations, it only took 3.5 trillion added to the debt to get "close" but your definition of close means 2 million less employed than when Obama took office. Liberals have such low standards. Seems you confuse employment with unemployment and one month does not a year make. We aren't even close yet

  8. #168
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Congratulations, it only took 3.5 trillion added to the debt to get "close" but your definition of close means 2 million less employed than when Obama took office. Liberals have such low standards. Seems you confuse employment with unemployment and one month does not a year make. We aren't even close yet
    We are not still sliding towards a another great depression as we were under Bush. That is far more than I expected could be accomplished in just 2 years by a moderate to right president! And our money spent was on infrastructure needs have had been ignored, as well as investment in alternative energy and nuclear power.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #169
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    We are not still sliding towards a another great depression as we were under Bush. That is far more than I expected could be accomplished in just 2 years by a moderate to right president! And our money spent was on infrastructure needs have had been ignored, as well as investment in alternative energy and nuclear power.
    LOL, continuing to buy the Obama lies, I see. Economists say TARP prevented that and TARP was Bush's. I didn't agree with TARP however.

    Money was spent on infrastructure? Then why is he asking for more? the govt. doesn't invest in anything, they spend money.

  10. #170
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, continuing to buy the Obama lies, I see. Economists say TARP prevented that and TARP was Bush's. I didn't agree with TARP however.

    Money was spent on infrastructure? Then why is he asking for more? the govt. doesn't invest in anything, they spend money.
    So you place zero value to our country on our infrastructure? You are not making sense.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •