Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 419

Thread: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    So, in short you'd much rather continue to look backwards and find any and all ways to continue condemning the man, not once acknowledging the difficult situation he AND this country was in upon his inaguration, than to try and give him credit for taking steps to move this country out of its economic downturn which per the evidence from the OP and other like stories indicates that his actions are proving positive? Is that it?

    You can dislike his policies all you want, but the evidence that his actions are bearing fruit is in the positive job growth numbers modest though they may be.
    Without Obama and his subprime spending to nowhere.........

    .........not one other job would have ever been created in this country.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  2. #152
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    there was a budget deficit. that means bush's budget planned on more expense than revenue. do you know how that works? clearly YOU can't admit when you are wrong. btw, i don't think bush WAS responsible for the entire deficit in 2009, just most of it, because his policies led us to our condtion in 2009.
    Trying to weasel out of your comments. Obama stated he inherited a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit which is a lie. now you can continue to try to defend that and ignore reality or you can admit Obama did indeed lie. Guess you don't know what the budget deficit was or even what it was projected to be. There is a difference between budget deficit and actual deficit and since TARP, the Stimlus, and supplementals aren't part of the budget process they are over and above the budget deficits. Since they were over the budget deficit withouth them the budget deficit would have been significantly less than the actual deficit and the one Obama said he inherited. Obama relies on the lack of understand of his supporters to spread his lies. Stop buying them.

  3. #153
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obviously you don't know was a deficit is and that it is yearly not cummulative as that is the debt. GW Bush didn't create a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit in 3+ months of the fiscal year. There was no deficit when Obama took office, there was a projected deficit and that wasn't 1.4 trillion dollars. The 350 billion TARP money that Obama was left didn't have to be spent but much of it was, the 787 billion stimlus was created and that added to the deficit. How did those dollar amounts affect the deficit? Since Bush didn't spend them how is he responsible for the entire deficit?
    That was true for one brief instant. Within less than a second, there was a deficit when Obama took office, and that deficit came from the previous administration. By the way, you do realize that the stimulus did grow the economy(as per your CBO link in another thread) ~ 3 %, which increased revenue and to an extent offset cost? I have no idea what that exact amount was, but it is worth pointing out. You love to post incomplete pictures.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #154
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Trying to weasel out of your comments. Obama stated he inherited a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit which is a lie. now you can continue to try to defend that and ignore reality or you can admit Obama did indeed lie. Guess you don't know what the budget deficit was or even what it was projected to be. There is a difference between budget deficit and actual deficit and since TARP, the Stimlus, and supplementals aren't part of the budget process they are over and above the budget deficits. Since they were over the budget deficit withouth them the budget deficit would have been significantly less than the actual deficit and the one Obama said he inherited. Obama relies on the lack of understand of his supporters to spread his lies. Stop buying them.
    He inherited a projected 1.3 trillion deficit, which is not a lie.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    421

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    oh boy......because obama had to spend on bush's war it's obama's fault?
    So being the Commander in Chief that not grant Barry Obama the authority to direct the armed forces of the United States, and remove those forces at his direction? Or, to stop using the Patriot Act, instead of using it in almost a verbatim fashion? Or, keeping GITMO open in spite of the promise to close it within a year?
    Last edited by Walter; 03-04-11 at 06:05 PM.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Redress;1059326605]Did the war come from Bush? Was there Bush war supplements? Did Bush choose not to put the war supplement in his budget? Then how can you blame Obama for the war supplement? The 2009 war supplement was a direct result of Bush's policy, but you still blame it on Obama.
    Yes, Bush passed supplementals but Bush didn't designed the Afghanistan surge and that is the supplemental Obama proposed and signed in June 2009. I know this is hard for you to understand or probably even remember but we were attacked on 9/11 from Afghanistan. Obama called Afghanistan the "good war" but that isn't even the issue. Keep trying to divert from the Obama lie that he inherited a 1.3 trillion deficit.

    To be complete and accurate, I did misspeak myself. I was thinking 2008, though the logic only changes, not the end result.

    Almost an apology, that is a start.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    here ya go: bush submitted his budget, which clearly wasn't nearly what was required to keep things moving. so yes, obama inherited the 2009 deficit. what do you suppose would have happened to our economy had obama not spent what what did?
    .....300 million Americans would have layed down and died.


    Unemployment Rate Since Obama's "Stimulus/Jobs Bill"



    ....all hail the almighty......our saviour....without Obama's spending it would have been worse....and when its worse....it would have been worser.
    .
    .
    .

  8. #158
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    I'm sure you're seen the countless jobs reports that state employers (mostly in financial sectors, i.e., banks) have money to burn, but they're just sitting on it right now. And why?
    you'd have to ask the thousands of individuals who are sitting on the trillions of dollars

    but it might not be too far a reach to speculate that they are hesitating because of all the uncertainty clouding this economy---in obamacare, in the reg reform, in energy policy...

    heck, this admin couldn't even come down on americans' precise 2012 relationship with the irs until almost new year's eve

    resentment may also play a role

    perhaps some of our uber rich feel they've been demonized and villified at every turn by this woebegone white house, which has in actuality done a whole lot more to protect and reward the fatcats and toobigs while doing almost nothing for the normal nates and nells while especially neglecting our african american neighbors and friends (ask the cbc)

  9. #159
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    He inherited a projected 1.3 trillion deficit, which is not a lie.
    That isn't what Obama said. There was no projected 1.3 trillion dollar deficit until after TARP and the Obama stimulus.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    02-24-14 @ 01:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    421

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And this doesn't count the people that they file under "no longer looking for work".

    Curious question: How do they know who quit looking?
    We the People were led to believe that if they threw 1.4 Trillion dollars at Wall St., Fannie and Freddie, General Electric, General Motors, The UNIONS.....etc., that MAIN ST. would not witness more than an 8% rate of unemployment....WHAT UP? Now, two years later we are BRAGGING about a 9% rate as being a good thing and on course for the plan..really? And, if a bullfrog had wings...yada, yada, yada, he would not bump his proverbial ass every time he jumped.
    Last edited by Walter; 03-04-11 at 06:11 PM.

Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •