Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 419

Thread: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

  1. #141
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    LOL, you really cannot keep up, can you? You where replying to my post.
    Suggest you read posts 111, 114, 115 and how I responded to all those.

  2. #142
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Suggest you read posts 111, 114, 115 and how I responded to all those.
    111 is the one where you tried to build that straw man of me claiming something I never had. Suggest you go read it again.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    here ya go: bush submitted his budget, which clearly wasn't nearly what was required to keep things moving. so yes, obama inherited the 2009 deficit. what do you suppose would have happened to our economy had obama not spent what what did?
    Obviously you don't know was a deficit is and that it is yearly not cummulative as that is the debt. GW Bush didn't create a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit in 3+ months of the fiscal year. There was no deficit when Obama took office, there was a projected deficit and that wasn't 1.4 trillion dollars. The 350 billion TARP money that Obama was left didn't have to be spent but much of it was, the 787 billion stimlus was created and that added to the deficit. How did those dollar amounts affect the deficit? Since Bush didn't spend them how is he responsible for the entire deficit?

  4. #144
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,296

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    111 is the one where you tried to build that straw man of me claiming something I never had. Suggest you go read it again.
    Maybe you ought to read it again

    Your quote

    Originally Posted by Redress

    You do realize the war supplement and TARP came from Bush, right? You cannot blame the economy and unemployment on Obama, and then not blame TARP and the war supplements on Bush.
    the 100 billion dollar war supplemental was signed in June 2009 and that was Obama's

  5. #145
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    after failing even to propose a budget for 2010...

    Dems won

    ...which is why we're still operating on appropriations, obama's budget request for '12 actually INCREASES our deficit over terrible '10's record rate by almost THIRTY PERCENT

    his outyear projections are worse, relying as they do on rosily unrealistic interest rates and growth forecasts fantastic

    White House Expects Federal Deficit to Spike to $1.65 Trillion - WSJ.com

    the nyt in november of 2009 forecast that servicing our debt---MERE INTEREST ALONE---would soon reach a full ONE TRILLION DOLLARS PER YEAR

    News Headlines

    nothing has been done since to alter the lady's lament, only to accelerate the coming catastrophe

    fyi

  6. #146
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Maybe you ought to read it again

    Your quote

    Originally Posted by Redress



    the 100 billion dollar war supplemental was signed in June 2009 and that was Obama's
    Some posters don't like to re-read quotes if it proves they were wrong.

  7. #147
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obviously you don't know was a deficit is and that it is yearly not cummulative as that is the debt. GW Bush didn't create a 1.4 trillion dollar deficit in 3+ months of the fiscal year. There was no deficit when Obama took office, there was a projected deficit and that wasn't 1.4 trillion dollars. The 350 billion TARP money that Obama was left didn't have to be spent but much of it was, the 787 billion stimlus was created and that added to the deficit. How did those dollar amounts affect the deficit? Since Bush didn't spend them how is he responsible for the entire deficit?
    there was a budget deficit. that means bush's budget planned on more expense than revenue. do you know how that works? clearly YOU can't admit when you are wrong. btw, i don't think bush WAS responsible for the entire deficit in 2009, just most of it, because his policies led us to our condtion in 2009.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,772

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    As I stated earlier, private sector job creation is good however the problem is there are 2 million fewer jobs today than there was two years ago when the stimulus was signed. I would love to be positive but cannot be with the Obama economic agenda. He spent too much to create these numbers, money that didn't have to be spent. The numbers are what I posted and can be found at bls.gov.
    So, in short you'd much rather continue to look backwards and find any and all ways to continue condemning the man, not once acknowledging the difficult situation he AND this country was in upon his inaguration, than to try and give him credit for taking steps to move this country out of its economic downturn which per the evidence from the OP and other like stories indicates that his actions are proving positive? Is that it?

    You can dislike his policies all you want, but the evidence that his actions are bearing fruit is in the positive job growth numbers modest though they may be.

  9. #149
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Maybe you ought to read it again

    Your quote

    Originally Posted by Redress



    the 100 billion dollar war supplemental was signed in June 2009 and that was Obama's
    Did the war come from Bush? Was there Bush war supplements? Did Bush choose not to put the war supplement in his budget? Then how can you blame Obama for the war supplement? The 2009 war supplement was a direct result of Bush's policy, but you still blame it on Obama.

    To be complete and accurate, I did misspeak myself. I was thinking 2008, though the logic only changes, not the end result.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    there was a budget deficit. that means bush's budget planned on more expense than revenue. do you know how that works? clearly YOU can't admit when you are wrong. btw, i don't think bush WAS responsible for the entire deficit in 2009, just most of it, because his policies led us to our condtion in 2009.
    Could you name the specific Bush Policies that led to that condition?

    .
    .
    ....which will be akin to asking What specific Clinton Policies led to the economic boom of the 90's?
    .
    .
    .

Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •