Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 419

Thread: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

  1. #101
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Are the deficit numbers in a budget proposal set in stone, or are they projections? Hint: the answer is projections, which will tell you something about what happened.
    Yes, they are projections, were those projections 1.3 trillion dollars? Where did the TARP, Stimulus, and War supplemental appear in the 2009 budget?

  2. #102
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    you don't seem to know much about budgets.
    Then explain it to me, pretty simple question did the 2009 fiscal year budget requests submitted by Bush in February 2008 have a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit?

  3. #103
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, they are projections, were those projections 1.3 trillion dollars? Where did the TARP, Stimulus, and War supplemental appear in the 2009 budget?
    You do realize the war supplement and TARP came from Bush, right? You cannot blame the economy and unemployment on Obama, and then not blame TARP and the war supplements on Bush.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #104
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then explain it to me, pretty simple question did the 2009 fiscal year budget requests submitted by Bush in February 2008 have a 1.3 trillion dollar deficit?
    No, it projected a level of spending and revenue, neither of which was accurate.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #105
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-11-11 @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    50

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Your Absolutely right, I just finished reading "Decision Points" and Bush discussed how it was his administration that came out with TARP, and how it helped save the Economy.

  6. #106
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    see redress's post. thanks so much. i see you're leaving bush's tarp out of the equation now, as well as blaming obama for having to cover bush's wars. partisan much?
    Partisan is what I get from liberals all the time, Bush's war? Thought Obama was going to end those wars yet asked for a 100 billion supplemental in June 2009. Bush wasn't in office. Bush also never had a 700 billion dollar defense budget but Obama does, so before you talk about funding Bush's wars, didn't he campaign on getting out of those wars?

    Bush's TARP program WASN'T in the budget because it wasn't passed until October 2008 the first month of fiscal year 2009. It was a supplemental that Obama supported.

  7. #107
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Partisan is what I get from liberals all the time, Bush's war? Thought Obama was going to end those wars yet asked for a 100 billion supplemental in June 2009. Bush wasn't in office. Bush also never had a 700 billion dollar defense budget but Obama does, so before you talk about funding Bush's wars, didn't he campaign on getting out of those wars?

    Bush's TARP program WASN'T in the budget because it wasn't passed until October 2008 the first month of fiscal year 2009. It was a supplemental that Obama supported.
    Really? When did Obama say he was going to end "those wars"?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #108
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No, it projected a level of spending and revenue, neither of which was accurate.
    I swear, you would argue that today isn't Friday by pointing out that it isn't in China. Did the fiscal year 2009 budget include the Obama stimulus, the TARP bill, or the war supplemental? How much of those were spent in 2009 and where did they appear in the deficit?

  9. #109
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Really? When did Obama say he was going to end "those wars"?
    Does it matter for this thread? His budgets for the military are higher than Bush's

  10. #110
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-11-11 @ 04:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    50

    Re: Unemployment dips to 8.9 pct., 192K jobs added

    I think he did say that he was going to set a Solid date for soldiers to finally leave Iraq, and as far as I know he's done that

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •