Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Wyoming law allowing guns without permit prompts doubts

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: Wyoming law allowing guns without permit prompts doubts

    Bad move. Guns should be like cars.

    In Wyoming and other rural areas, as with vehicles, there can be more room for leniency, though I still disagree with it.

  2. #32
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,287

    Re: Wyoming law allowing guns without permit prompts doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    It's "fly over" country to pretty much everyone but the people who live there. Have you actually been there? It's absurd how bland and desolate that state is.
    Yes I have been there. I've been to Montana too, one of my favorite places.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #33
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Wyoming law allowing guns without permit prompts doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by SirPwn4lot View Post
    Bad move. Guns should be like cars.

    In Wyoming and other rural areas, as with vehicles, there can be more room for leniency, though I still disagree with it.

    Cars are not an enumerated Constitutional right, and also kill more people annually than guns.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Wyoming law allowing guns without permit prompts doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    It's "fly over" country to pretty much everyone but the people who live there. Have you actually been there? It's absurd how bland and desolate that state is.
    I've been there, Montana, too and both were ****ing awesome.

    This is what was most awesome about them,

    It's absurd how bland and desolate that state is.
    You can't beat the feeling of independence that you get from knowing that the nearest anything is 50, or 60 miles away.

    Being able to tote a pistol, without a permit would make it even better.

    I can understand a permit from a safety standpoint, because it requires a person with zero gun experience to learn how to safely handle a firearm, but other than that they're nothing more than an attempt at government control of our personal lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #35
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Wyoming law allowing guns without permit prompts doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I think this is fine for Wyoming. Wyoming is the least populous state, and so doesn't suffer from social issues that more urbanized states, such as California, facee. I also doubt that Wyoming is a major hub for organized crime, which is one reason why some states pass laws on prohibiting ex-cons from purchasing or owning a firearm.
    If more pople carried guns, those plaes around the country might not have all those social problems. Guns + Darwinism = a better society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #36
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Wyoming law allowing guns without permit prompts doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If more pople carried guns, those plaes around the country might not have all those social problems. Guns + Darwinism = a better society.
    Um, that's not really a good argument. The opponents of shall-issue-permits and free-open-carry usually bring up the whole "wild west bloodbath!" thing... which invariably turns out NOT to be the case when these laws are passed. People not inclined to obey the law already carry guns if they want to.... see Chicago and DC. People who ARE inclined to obey the law do NOT go around shooting other people unless circumstances FORCE them to defend themselves, as has been demonstrated by shall-issue-CCW stats for three decades.

    Darwin wouldn't really enter into the picture in a big way.... unless you want to legalize dueling. Just sayin'.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #37
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,360

    Re: Wyoming law allowing guns without permit prompts doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Um, that's not really a good argument. The opponents of shall-issue-permits and free-open-carry usually bring up the whole "wild west bloodbath!" thing... which invariably turns out NOT to be the case when these laws are passed. People not inclined to obey the law already carry guns if they want to.... see Chicago and DC. People who ARE inclined to obey the law do NOT go around shooting other people unless circumstances FORCE them to defend themselves, as has been demonstrated by shall-issue-CCW stats for three decades.

    Darwin wouldn't really enter into the picture in a big way.... unless you want to legalize dueling. Just sayin'.
    Ok, well let me quote Robert Heinlein, then.

    An armed society is a polite society
    This goes along with my point,

    People who ARE inclined to obey the law do NOT go around shooting other people unless circumstances FORCE them to defend themselves
    if more people wer armed, in those situations where they needed to defend themselves, there might be alot fewer assholes in the world.

    The, "Wild West blood bath", argument usually loses steam, when the real facts are introduced to the argument. The murder rates in the, "West", were 75+% percent lower, than they are now; in some cases 90%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #38
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Wyoming law allowing guns without permit prompts doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The, "Wild West blood bath", argument usually loses steam, when the real facts are introduced to the argument. The murder rates in the, "West", were 75+% percent lower, than they are now; in some cases 90%.
    Yes, I did some research into that some years back and it is true. The "wild west" was actually less violent in some ways than many of our modern cities, despite the ubiquitous availability of arms.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  9. #39
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: Wyoming law allowing guns without permit prompts doubts

    Guns without permits? Oh, my, what's next free speech without a permit? Religion without a permit? Due process without a permit?

    Sorry, folks, but a law abiding citizens don't need a permit to practice a fundamental right the last time I checked.

  10. #40
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Wyoming law allowing guns without permit prompts doubts

    Quote Originally Posted by SirPwn4lot View Post
    Bad move. Guns should be like cars.

    In Wyoming and other rural areas, as with vehicles, there can be more room for leniency, though I still disagree with it.

    Driving isnt a right its a privilege, owning a gun is a right.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •