Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico

  1. #1
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico

    It's not bad enough that Obama is giving no more than lip service to border protection now he doesn't seem to give a damn that our people who we all know are targets will have no way to fight back.

    This is another reason we need to dump Obama on the trash heap of history where he will known as the failure he has proven to be.
    Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico - FoxNews.com

    President Obama on Thursday appeared to reject the idea of arming U.S. agents in Mexico, saying after a meeting with Mexican President Felipe Calderon that the two governments will look at other ways to protect American officials in the wake of a fatal shooting last month.

    "There are laws in place in Mexico that say that our agents should not be armed," Obama said, describing the U.S. role south of the border as an "advisory" one. "We do not carry out law enforcement activities inside of Mexico.
    "

  2. #2
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:40 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico

    This is 10 shades of stupid.

    He expects agents to go into Mexico unarmed. Really?

    There are laws in America that say Mexicans need to immigrate legally, and Obama doesn't give a rip about that; yet, he is so concerned about Mexico's laws?

    Here's a hint, dumbass, there are no laws in Mexico right now. It's being run by drug lords.

  3. #3
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,752

    Re: Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    It's not bad enough that Obama is giving no more than lip service to border protection now he doesn't seem to give a damn that our people who we all know are targets will have no way to fight back.

    This is another reason we need to dump Obama on the trash heap of history where he will known as the failure he has proven to be.
    "
    If our agents are inside Mexico, then they are certainly subject to the laws of Mexico. That goes without saying. Whether or not Obama likes doing this is not the issue. The issue is respecting and obeying the law of the country you are in. If the laws are too onerous for the agents, then we don't have to put them there, do we? If I were president, I would just pull the agents out, and if Mexico wants the cooperation badly enough, they will pass a law making an exception for US agents. Obama did the right thing in respecting Mexican law. However, if he is responsible for sending the agents into such conditions, then THAT is what should be the issue.

    So, in my opinion, the OP has it all backwards, but he is right about Obama being such a buffoon.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #4
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    It's not bad enough that Obama is giving no more than lip service to border protection now he doesn't seem to give a damn that our people who we all know are targets will have no way to fight back.

    This is another reason we need to dump Obama on the trash heap of history where he will known as the failure he has proven to be.
    "
    So you think that the laws of Mexico don't apply to Americans when they're in Mexico, and we should be free to ignore them? Weren't you just bitching about Mexican truckers not following American laws less than an hour ago?
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #5
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,752

    Re: Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    So you think that the laws of Mexico don't apply to Americans when they're in Mexico, and we should be free to ignore them? Weren't you just bitching about Mexican truckers not following American laws less than an hour ago?
    You and I don't agree on much, but I have to give you credit here. You just made one hell of a point.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #6
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,632
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    If our agents are inside Mexico, then they are certainly subject to the laws of Mexico. That goes without saying. Whether or not Obama likes doing this is not the issue. The issue is respecting and obeying the law of the country you are in. If the laws are too onerous for the agents, then we don't have to put them there, do we? If I were president, I would just pull the agents out, and if Mexico wants the cooperation badly enough, they will pass a law making an exception for US agents. Obama did the right thing in respecting Mexican law. However, if he is responsible for sending the agents into such conditions, then THAT is what should be the issue.

    So, in my opinion, the OP has it all backwards, but he is right about Obama being such a buffoon.
    I agree with this. However, I also believe that we should think long and hard before we send our agents south of the border again, for any reason.

  7. #7
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    If our agents are inside Mexico, then they are certainly subject to the laws of Mexico. That goes without saying. Whether or not Obama likes doing this is not the issue. The issue is respecting and obeying the law of the country you are in. If the laws are too onerous for the agents, then we don't have to put them there, do we? If I were president, I would just pull the agents out, and if Mexico wants the cooperation badly enough, they will pass a law making an exception for US agents. Obama did the right thing in respecting Mexican law. However, if he is responsible for sending the agents into such conditions, then THAT is what should be the issue.

    So, in my opinion, the OP has it all backwards, but he is right about Obama being such a buffoon.
    Do any of you fans of Mexico's drug lords think the Secret Service goes to Mexico with Obama unarmed?

    Obama could fight for our people to carry guns, but then that would make sense, which doesn't square with Obama's attitudes about protecting us from drug lords.

    I expected the response we see from Liberals.

  8. #8
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico

    Solution: Pull our agents out of Mexico. Seal the freakin border with the National Guard and Coast Guard. Then let Mexico deal with its Drug Cartels. To hell with Mexico!
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  9. #9
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Do any of you fans of Mexico's drug lords think the Secret Service goes to Mexico with Obama unarmed?
    Although I'm not sure how the law works, I would assume that the president's personal bodyguards have diplomatic immunity. That does not apply to random federal agents. They are not above the laws of the country they're in just because they're American.

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman
    Obama could fight for our people to carry guns, but then that would make sense,
    Why is it any of Obama's business whether Mexico allows "our people" to carry guns when they're in Mexico? They don't HAVE to be there at all. Furthermore, what makes you think that Mexico would comply? Oh that's right, they're a poor wittle territory of ours that automatically does what they're told as long as "Obama fights" for it, rather than a sovereign nation that makes their own laws and regulations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman
    which doesn't square with Obama's attitudes about protecting us from drug lords.
    A problem which the US government created through the absurd war on drugs. Want to get rid of the drug lords? Decriminalize all drugs.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 03-04-11 at 02:33 AM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  10. #10
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,752

    Re: Obama: No Arming of U.S. Agents in Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Do any of you fans of Mexico's drug lords think the Secret Service goes to Mexico with Obama unarmed?

    Obama could fight for our people to carry guns, but then that would make sense, which doesn't square with Obama's attitudes about protecting us from drug lords.

    I expected the response we see from Liberals.
    So you assert that those who believe we should obey the laws of the countries we are in are fans of Mexico's drug lords? If Secret Service agents go to Mexico armed, it is undoubtedly because Mexican law allows it. Again, if we are in another country, we abide by their rules.

    This was a nutter statement you just made. You need to rethink before you say it again. What would YOU do? Launch an invasion of Mexico? Or would you assert that Mexican truckers don't likewise have to respect American laws?
    Last edited by danarhea; 03-04-11 at 03:36 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •