Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 99

Thread: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

  1. #71
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    What places do you like to read?
    I read news in five different languages... I am not limited in my news coverage as mono-lingual Americans are...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  2. #72
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I read news in five different languages... I am not limited in my news coverage as mono-lingual Americans are...
    CIA, huh?

  3. #73
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    CIA, huh?
    Your posts are incresingly irrelevant and nonsensical...

    Why don't you learn Chinese, move to China, and become a Chinese citizen if you think a government monopoly on news and information is so much better...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  4. #74
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    What?

    Everyone knows this forum is run by the Pentagon.!

  5. #75
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    What?

    Everyone knows this forum is run by the Pentagon.!
    Thanks for continuing to prove my point...

    This is for you, you have earned it:

    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  6. #76
    Sage
    German guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Berlin, Germany
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 06:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Of course the comparison with China is absurd. State controlled media and obvious censorhsip is much worse than anything we have in the West.

    But it's true mass media in the West has certain flaws. Certain opinions are underrepresented in the reports, the media elites or private actors with lots of resources may skew the reports in a particular direction, silence down opinions and facts they don't like, or push their agendas on the cost of objective information and education. The media elites also have the power of agenda setting. An extreme example is the "Berlusconi effect": Berlusconi, who owns a majority of Italian tv channels, used his power as media owner to push his political ambitions into debate, and used this power to win the elections. As prime minister, he used his media power to distract from reports about scandals he was involved in, most tv stations hardly reported about it. He further de-politized the public by bombing the people with boobs and soccer. Many Italians don't even know about the corruption and scandals Berlusconi is involved in, because he used his concentrated media power to distract. Without this power, he would probably have sunken already.

    A similar example may be the Murdoch media, where the owner pushes his political agenda, by heavily influencing editorial decisions of his media outlets.

    A while back, I read a weekly paper in Germany with a top story about oil and climate change. To my surprise, the general tone was very pro-fossil fuels and critics were either mocked, downplayed or their arguments ignored. Then I took a look at the advertisement in that issue. Guess who made these ads: Shell, BP, Mercedes Benz, Volkswagen ...

    A classic problem is the dumbing down and luridness of many news reports. They want to make money, and lurid stories and hyped scandals apparently bring more readers, than sober analysis or balanced background information.

    So yes, the market logic of private media outlets, the power of media elite and/or private actors, does skew the opinions in many media outlets. But you'll always find gems among all the crap, and the internet offers a new platform for a different kind of news distribution.
    "Not learning from mistakes is worse than committing mistakes. When you don't allow yourself to make mistakes, it is hard to be tolerant of others and it does not allow even God to be merciful."

  7. #77
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    Big Business funds foundations which give grants to media, and Elites like Murdoch and Scaife program you with these media lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    They might program you, but they don't program me. We have PLENTY of options to get our news... unlike in China where it is a totalitarian government who programs you with media lies and you don't have any other options...
    You're programmed to believe your Afghan extra judicial killings are legal in the cover of night.

  8. #78
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    You're programmed to believe your Afghan extra judicial killings are legal in the cover of night.
    Oh, really? And where did you get that from? Your tin hat???
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  9. #79
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by German guy View Post
    So yes, the market logic of private media outlets, the power of media elite and/or private actors, does skew the opinions in many media outlets. But you'll always find gems among all the crap, and the internet offers a new platform for a different kind of news distribution.
    That was a thought provoking answer. I abreviated to save space. Honstely i cannot tell the difference between BBC and the things yo wrote above. State run, state funded, govmnt funded it all resembles propaganda. The CBC, there is a difference but honestly the BBC is about as state run as Tv news crappola gets. The state of news in general is decayed. The 30 min. clips are played every half hour. is just a godd*** soap commerical to borrow from the Furs.

    The chick Ludhai doesn't even know about the covert death squads in Afghanistan.

    "The spate of civilian killings offers a glimpse of the bloody violence President Barack Obama has unleashed on the suffering country through his “surge.” This will only intensify as the US makes preparations for a major military offensive against Afghanistan’s second most populous city, Kandahar, which Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, has called “the center of gravity” for anti-insurgent operations. The attack is slated for June."



    Killings of Civilians in Afghanistan: US Special Forces Covered Up Massacre

    Afghan Govt. Demands Arrest of US "Death Squad"
    *** Afghan Govt. Demands Arrest of US "Death Squad"******* : Information Clearing House -* ICH

  10. #80
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    That was a thought provoking answer. I abreviated to save space. Honstely i cannot tell the difference between BBC and the things yo wrote above. State run, state funded, govmnt funded it all resembles propaganda. The CBC, there is a difference but honestly the BBC is about as state run as Tv news crappola gets. The state of news in general is decayed. The 30 min. clips are played every half hour. is just a godd*** soap commerical to borrow from the Furs.

    The chick Ludhai doesn't even know about the covert death squads in Afghanistan.

    "The spate of civilian killings offers a glimpse of the bloody violence President Barack Obama has unleashed on the suffering country through his “surge.” This will only intensify as the US makes preparations for a major military offensive against Afghanistan’s second most populous city, Kandahar, which Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Mike Mullen, has called “the center of gravity” for anti-insurgent operations. The attack is slated for June."



    Killings of Civilians in Afghanistan: US Special Forces Covered Up Massacre

    Afghan Govt. Demands Arrest of US "Death Squad"
    *** Afghan Govt. Demands Arrest of US "Death Squad"******* : Information Clearing House -* ICH
    Umm... excuse me... you have completely lost it... you have ZERO credibility... do you know anything about how the Chinese media works? You don't even know who I am (clearly based on the bolded part). Is that tin hat still affecting you...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •