Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Results 91 to 99 of 99

Thread: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

  1. #91
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Pot, meet kettle...

    Oh wait...this is old news, why was this bumped??

    Like being lied too?

    Like the debt ceiling was ever about anything but posturing!

    Talk about news being FABRICATED ...

  2. #92
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Kane I think you backed yourself into a hole. If you want to make a "media lies" thread fine, but using China as proof actually discredits your point more than help it.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #93
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    WHAT'S THE DIFF BETWEEN China and CNN, Time magazine, NYT, and the BBC lying fake Iraq WMD, David Kelly's "suicide," fake bin laden killing videos, fake Xmas day underwear bombers, the WTC mosque fear propaganda, Jessica Lynch "rescue", Pat Tillman lies and tons of other State run war propaganda media stories?

  4. #94
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by Kane View Post
    WHAT'S THE DIFF BETWEEN China and CNN, Time magazine, NYT, and the BBC lying fake Iraq WMD, David Kelly's "suicide," fake bin laden killing videos, fake Xmas day underwear bombers, the WTC mosque fear propaganda, Jessica Lynch "rescue", Pat Tillman lies and tons of other State run war propaganda media stories?
    The difference is that the US media outlets are not subject to prior restraint by the govt and while their employees may often carry water for the govt, they don't actually work for the govt, nor do they need a license to practice journalism (Note: this is not an endorsement of the US media)
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  5. #95
    Defender of the Faith
    ludahai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Taichung, Taiwan - 2017 East Asian Games Candidate City
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 02:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The difference is that the US media outlets are not subject to prior restraint by the govt and while their employees may often carry water for the govt, they don't actually work for the govt, nor do they need a license to practice journalism (Note: this is not an endorsement of the US media)
    Not to mention they can and do criticize the government and government officials... try doing that in China... nice place ready for people like that in Qinghai...
    Semper Paratus
    Boston = City of Champions: Bruins 2011; Celtics 2008; Red Sox 2004, 2007; Patriots 2002, 2004, 2005
    Jon Huntsman for President

  6. #96
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    Not to mention they can and do criticize the government and government officials... try doing that in China... nice place ready for people like that in Qinghai...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/09/wo...er=rss&emc=rss

    Apparently dismayed by the considerable political power of Bo Xilai, the fast-rising Communist Party leader in the south-central Chinese city of Chongqing, Fang Hong went online in April to express his views about Mr. Bo’s regard for the rule of law — comparing it, in a stanza of crude verse, to excrement.

    As a result, Mr. Fang, 45, a retired forestry worker, is serving a year’s sentence in a Chongqing re-education-through-labor camp.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  7. #97
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,470

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Shouldn't this be down in the humor section? Chinese media accusing others of fabricating news? LOL. That'd be like Cold War Era "Pravda" chastising the US Media.
    I think the US media does fabricate, scandalize, and sensationalize. The media, and most recently Fox, has been caught making up false stories and driving their viewers into a frenzy of anger before.

  8. #98
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think the US media does fabricate, scandalize, and sensationalize. The media, and most recently Fox, has been caught making up false stories and driving their viewers into a frenzy of anger before.
    Fox News' Eric Bolling: 'I Don't Remember' Any Terrorist Attacks On America During President Bush's Term (VIDEO)
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #99
    Professor
    Kane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    09-09-13 @ 09:13 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,661

    Re: Western journalists 'fabricate' news: China media

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I think the US media does fabricate, scandalize, and sensationalize. The media, and most recently Fox, has been caught making up false stories and driving their viewers into a frenzy of anger before.
    I call CNN the Censorship News Network exactly because of the fact that before they do any amount of straight reporting, they spin every issue of import into a certain framework before any facts can ever be ascertained. (i.e. "Quaddafi is a villian who desreves to die.")

    Using unverified YouTube videos as authentic news source, for example, and unauthentic terror audio as fact. But that is the whole point of CNN/Fox. Spin and control by government mouthpieces posing as unbiased sources definately represent the Pentagon, CIA, White House, etc. These mouthpieces are intent on total information control over wars, their legality, and no viewpoint of the human toll of such events is ever examined. Hence, government control and censorship on American TV is somewhat worse than China.

    American TV is too busy flag-waving to ever notice the destructive war, economic and health policies set forth by the elite.
    Last edited by Kane; 07-17-11 at 07:07 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •