Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 139

Thread: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    Like who?

    If it would help their ratings, as well as their credibility, why wouldn't they do it? Why don't they try to get the best?
    Thank you for making my point ... it would damage, not help, their credibility.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Thank you for making my point ... it would damage, not help, their credibility.
    Actually I didn't make any point for you, and if you read the response again you'll see why.

    It is clear that the news channels I mentioned are lacking in credibility while Fox News is rapidly becoming the go to network for responsible broadcasting. That's probably because Fox hires the best commentators available while their competition has no one of any note, or credibility.

  3. #63
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    Well, no, it sums up nothing of the sort, other than perhaps, you demonstrating for the third time that you don't understand what I'm talking about. CNN did not hire Dean knowing it was likely that he is going to run for president, which unless you know something Dean doesn't -- he isn't.
    You are VERY dishonest. Rarely do any serious candidates challenge their parties sitting President for the nomination. It happened seriously last time in 1980 if memory serves.

    2008 Cheney wasn't running so it was a wide open field, thus more contenders who made it far enough to get a system in place, thus more people likely to run again in 2012 against a polarizing President.

    You're using at best, "bumper sticker" logic, i.e. it sounds great till you realize it's just a blurb on the back of a Yugo.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #64
    Advisor DontDoIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois, Land of Liberals
    Last Seen
    11-22-15 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    391

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Who said they became Conservative politicians after working for Fox? This isn't about the Conservative politicians, it's about Fox hiring them. How can they be fair and balanced when they make it a practice to hire likely presidential candidates?

    They're obviously biased and that taints their credibility as a news agency.
    Once again, I forgot no other news media besides Fox is biased, my lord, you're digging yourself a hole. When Fox hired them nobody including the four people themselves probably knew they would "run" or be "considered to run" for president, making your point invalid

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    You don't think it's a little ridiculous that at least four Fox News employees are in position to run for president? Not just one person, and not for an appointed position of press secretary, but four and for the President of the United States of America.

    Do you really think it would be OK if four people who worked for CNN ran for the democratic nomination? I don't think it would be ok. If four of my candidates come from one company, I know somethings wrong.
    Four people aren't officially running, four people have in an essence been nominated or encourage if you will, to run for president.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Really? You don't get it? Or is it that you do get it, but you don't care? You don't see how a news agency which hires likely presidential candidates is no longer presenting news, it's pushing propaganda?

    By the way, the upcomining election is not this nation's first, which news agency ever made a practice of hiring likely presidential candidates?
    Oh I forgot the liberal cable media doesn't push propaganda either. Bashing one news network isn't going to play over with anyone, as they all are crap.
    "It is a sad day in society when people adjust the facts to fit their beliefs, rather than adjust their beliefs to fit the facts."
    Libertarian/Conservative/Christian Beliefs

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    Actually I didn't make any point for you, and if you read the response again you'll see why.
    Yeah, ya did. My point is that a news agency which hires presidential candidates, takes a hit to its credibility. You point out that only Fox does. That makes my point. Now I understand you believe it's the opposite of that, that being Fox is the one here with credibility, and that no other news agency has the credibility of Fox, but that would rely on there being nothing wrong with a news agency being married to a potential president, which I would hope, you can understand the inherent problems with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    It is clear that the news channels I mentioned are lacking in credibility while Fox News is rapidly becoming the go to network for responsible broadcasting. That's probably because Fox hires the best commentators available while their competition has no one of any note, or credibility.
    How do you plan on backing that up?

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post

    You are VERY dishonest. Rarely do any serious candidates challenge their parties sitting President for the nomination. It happened seriously last time in 1980 if memory serves.
    That doesn't mean Fox had to hire people with a strong likelihood of running for office.

    But again, you've already proven you don't know what I'm talking about, so I'm not surprised you still haven't figured it out.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    That doesn't mean Fox had to hire people with a strong likelihood of running for office.
    Who better to comment on political matters of the moment then high profile public figures?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post

    But again, you've already proven you don't know what I'm talking about, so I'm not surprised you still haven't figured it out.
    I KNOW what you're talking about, I'm mocking you're faux outrage and silly premise as mattering. It's fun sometimes to take the time educate folks like you.
    Last edited by Renae; 03-03-11 at 05:15 PM.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by DontDoIt View Post

    Once again, I forgot no other news media besides Fox is biased, my lord, you're digging yourself a hole. When Fox hired them nobody including the four people themselves probably knew they would "run" or be "considered to run" for president, making your point invalid
    All four were very likely contenders. And so far, two of them severed their ties with Fox because they went from "likely candidates" to "serious candidates." The other two won't be far behind.

    Quote Originally Posted by DontDoIt View Post

    Oh I forgot the liberal cable media doesn't push propaganda either. Bashing one news network isn't going to play over with anyone, as they all are crap.
    Such as ... ? (and don't bother mentioning MSNBC or CNBS, I agree they are biased, push propaganda, and are no different than Fox)
    Last edited by Sheik Yerbuti; 03-03-11 at 05:04 PM.

  9. #69
    Advisor DontDoIt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois, Land of Liberals
    Last Seen
    11-22-15 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    391

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    All four were very likely contenders. And so far, two of them severed their ties with Fox because they went from "likely candidates" to "serious candidates." The other two won't be far behind.


    Such as ... ? (and don't bother mentioning MSNBC or CNBS, I agree they are biased, push propaganda, and are no different than Fox)
    If you were in Fox's situation why wouldn't you hire a group of people like the four that we're talking about. They obviously have exclusive knwoledge to the conservative movement, and are public idols for the figure.

    Secondly, such as...? What are you arguing? You agreed with my statement that all networks push propoganda, not just Fox..
    "It is a sad day in society when people adjust the facts to fit their beliefs, rather than adjust their beliefs to fit the facts."
    Libertarian/Conservative/Christian Beliefs

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post

    Who better to comment on political matters of the moment then high profile public figures?
    For starters, how about ex-politicians with no aspirations of running for president? Then at least, the news agency hiring them acquires the same level of expertise without taking a hit to their credibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post

    I KNOW what you're talking about, I'm mocking you're faux outrage and silly premise as mattering. It's fun sometimes to take the time educate folks like you.
    No, ya don't. Don't even try to pretend like you do because it's obvious you don't. If you did, you wouldn't have even mentioned the names, Stephanopoulos, Ferraro, or Dean, as none of those examples were comparable to what I am talking about.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •