Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 139

Thread: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-25-11 @ 05:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    464

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Why were they even on the air in the first place? Is credibility not a prerequisite for being a Fox News contributor?

  2. #112
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,348
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Why were they even on the air in the first place? Is credibility not a prerequisite for being a Fox News contributor?
    They where pundits. The qualification for being a pundit is not the same as being a reporter.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post

    You slam Fox as false news for having Republican Conservative commentators for editorial pieces yet claim ABC, the same ABC News that hired Clinton's mouth piece as a Journalist is centered reliable news.

    It's more then just amusing.

    I think I like you. When was the last time we had one so easy to dismiss and mock as you?
    Regrettably, that you dismiss me and mock me is not an indication that you've figured out yet what I'm talking about. Case in point, the portion of your quote above that I highlighted -- I never said that. Yet you "dismiss me" and "mock me" for it.

    Do you even realize what you're dismissing and mocking isn't even me, it's your own strawman?

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Funny, but I did not even mention FOX news, and in fact watch it on occasion.
    No,of course you didn't mention Fox News nor did I claim you did. I was making a general comment.

  5. #115
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Troubadour View Post
    Why were they even on the air in the first place? Is credibility not a prerequisite for being a Fox News contributor?
    The credibility lies within what the commentators say and not necessarily who they are.

    If you have a problem with the credibility of a commentator why not point out where they lied, misled, or otherwise tried to get one over on the viewers. That's the real credibility test.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti
    Personally, no, I wouldn't hire anybody who was possibly running for president in an upcoming election because as a news agency, I wouldn't want to appear biased.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    What is your statute of limitations? How long before an election should FOX avoid having someone on the payroll if they 'might' run for President? 1 year? 2? 4? Never? Be specific.
    Never did get an answer to this. Maybe because you simply don't have an answer???

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post

    Never did get an answer to this. Maybe because you simply don't have an answer???
    Because I don't have a definitive answer and because it's irrelevant since Fox is hiring people who will be running for president in the near immediate future. I suppose within an election cycle though would be reasonable.

    That aside, do you understand my belief that there needs to be a definitive wall separating the press from the government?

  8. #118
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Regrettably, that you dismiss me and mock me is not an indication that you've figured out yet what I'm talking about. Case in point, the portion of your quote above that I highlighted -- I never said that. Yet you "dismiss me" and "mock me" for it.

    Do you even realize what you're dismissing and mocking isn't even me, it's your own strawman?
    I didn't use your exact words, OMG! Would you prefer I cut and pasted your silliness? You have a problem with potential GOP Presidential candidates getting paid by Fox news and others believing fox is a viable news source.

    Yet you watch ABC News.

    The amusement, is strong with this one.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  9. #119
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Because I don't have a definitive answer and because it's irrelevant since Fox is hiring people who will be running for president in the near immediate future. I suppose within an election cycle though would be reasonable.

    That aside, do you understand my belief that there needs to be a definitive wall separating the press from the government?
    Yet you support ABC News.

    You are reaching into troll country son.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Fox News pulls Newt Gingrich, Rick Santorum off the air

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Because I don't have a definitive answer and because it's irrelevant since Fox is hiring people who will be running for president in the near immediate future. I suppose within an election cycle though would be reasonable.

    That aside, do you understand my belief that there needs to be a definitive wall separating the press from the government?
    My point is... no news organization should have as hiring criteria 'Do you plan to now, or in the near future, run for President of the United States.' They should hire based on knowledge, credibility, ability to bring in viewers, etc. Possible future plans in politics should not be used as hiring criteria.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •