Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 286

Thread: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Now if we can only get a Congressional White Caucus..........

    ........and really highlight the hypocrisy and racism that is The Democrat Party.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  2. #82
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    I went searching to prove racial profiling doesn't happen that often. I failed Though this is talking about 2002 and earlier, if it's even half as bad now, it's still bad.
    Guess I can throw out that myth about blacks speeding more often. They don't.

    https://www.law.duke.edu/shell/cite....1+(Summer+2003)
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  3. #83
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I went searching to prove racial profiling doesn't happen that often. I failed Though this is talking about 2002 and earlier, if it's even half as bad now, it's still bad.
    Guess I can throw out that myth about blacks speeding more often. They don't.

    https://www.law.duke.edu/shell/cite....1+(Summer+2003)
    I don't always agree with you Barb, but I appreciate the honesty and attempt at finding out the truth.

  4. #84
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    10-14-13 @ 10:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    128

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That's not true, unless you're talking about one minority discriminating against another minority. As much black on white discrimination as I've seen in my life, I've seen even more black on hispanic and black on asian discrimination.
    You're making an assumption based on your one small perception? Limited experiences should not be used to make such general claims. Whites are still the majority in this country and they still hold the keys to the vault.

    Historically, minorities have always been at a disadvantage whether it's socio economic means, quality of education, discrimination in hiring practices, unfair treatment, social discrimination, etc. If you want to reap the "benefits" of being a minority, feel free to move to any country where you'll be a part of the "minority".

  5. #85
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,585
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I don't always agree with you Barb, but I appreciate the honesty and attempt at finding out the truth.

    I do too! One of the good things about forums like this is that in one way or another, all of us discover things that we did not know.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Now if we can only get a Congressional White Caucus..........

    ........and really highlight the hypocrisy and racism that is The Democrat Party.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    I already suggested that earlier. I think it would be hilarious.

    Oh well, it's funny enough that Conservative Alan West said he's going to join the Black Caucas. I think all of them are Socialist/Progressives. Whatever will they talk about with him in the room.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #87
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Animus View Post
    You're making an assumption based on your one small perception? Limited experiences should not be used to make such general claims. Whites are still the majority in this country and they still hold the keys to the vault.

    Historically, minorities have always been at a disadvantage whether it's socio economic means, quality of education, discrimination in hiring practices, unfair treatment, social discrimination, etc. If you want to reap the "benefits" of being a minority, feel free to move to any country where you'll be a part of the "minority".
    Apdst is right to a certain degree. Many minorities including Asians and Latinos hold more negative views on blacks than the average white, while possessing more favorable views towards whites in general compared to the rest of the population. It's been documented in sociological research.

  8. #88
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I already suggested that earlier. I think it would be hilarious.

    Oh well, it's funny enough that Conservative Alan West said he's going to join the Black Caucas. I think all of them are Socialist/Progressives. Whatever will they talk about with him in the room.
    Probably neo-soul

  9. #89
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I do too! One of the good things about forums like this is that in one way or another, all of us discover things that we did not know.
    I tried to give you a "like" but your button didn't work. Sorry
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #90
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    I don't have much of a problem with this since there are already a lot of race-based scholarships out there. I don't much agree with perpetuating scholarships to be this way, but at least it is bringing up discussion.

    One suggestion I would make on making scholarships more fair would be to include school opportunities that a person had in comparison to what their academic record is, instead of just on what they did alone. Economic need and merit is always important, but if someone is unable to get certain classes because those classes aren't available then it isn't fair to compare them with people who were able to get such classes. This could keep race or sex out of the decisions, but still help to make up for those places where, due to economic conditions of the area, some do not have the same opportunities as others who live in more prosperous areas, but have similar income levels of the first person. It would keep race out of it because a white guy from the same school as a black guy who both come from the same economic level will actually be competing for the scholarship based just on their performance instead of on their skin color. Afterall, black or white or Hispanic or Asian, a person who goes to a failing school got a crappy deal and needs help to get to college, no matter what their skin color.
    Last edited by roguenuke; 03-02-11 at 12:30 AM.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •