Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 286

Thread: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

  1. #211
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    I don't see where it does, except perhaps in the type of circular reason I am seeing laid out by some of the conservative posters in this thread where crazy reasons are imagined to villify liberals that have little to do with reality, but it often happens when many of those same conservative posters circle jerk a thread (really any thread they circle jerk in)
    There it is. You just illustrated it for us. It's your basic victim mentality.

    Me? I choose not to be a victicrat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #212
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    This type of reasoning is the circle jerking I was referring to. Wholly imaginary reasons made up to support a conservative view, yet when repeated enough, taken as fact even though there is no supporting evidence.
    Yeah! Damn me, for not buying into the bull**** and getting out there an making my own way in the world, without your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #213
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx;1059322203[B
    ]The welfare system keeps them down for one. Also it's my understanding that in some impoverished black neighborhoods, kids who work hard and are doing well in school are accused of "acting white." Not a compliment, that's for sure.[/B] That's enough to make a little kid think maybe education isn't such a good thing. Something needs to change. They have to learn the facts. The fact is they are just as capable as anyone else. Sure some kids are naturally more intelligent, or dumber than average, but that has nothing to do with skin color.
    wanted: connecting reasoning between the two bolded sentances. As you have them right now, they are non-sequitors.

  4. #214
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Faaaaaaaaaaaar too many blacks are waiting on Al and Jesse to deliver on the big payoff. It's human nature to want something for nothing, or at least get more for doing less. The Leftists have played that **** to the hilt.
    That's not a REASON the culture exists, that's an EXAMPLE of it. If the problem is a victimization culture, then explain where that culture comes from if all races have equality of opportunity. The white equivalents of Al Sharpton (like, say, the morons that made this scholarship) are marginalized, a joke, or just ignored. Why is that? I mean, there must be some explanation for why people like Al Sharpton rose to prominence in the first place.

    If there was equality of opportunity, one would expect such figures to arise from all races in roughly equal proportions.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #215
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah! Damn me, for not buying into the bull**** and getting out there an making my own way in the world, without your help.
    Yay a response that has nothing to do with the flaws I pointed out in your argument.

  6. #216
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Quite a few members knew, prior to this thread. However, the real question is: why the **** should it even matter? Care to tackle that question?



    bu but......your lean says very conservative.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  7. #217
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by maquiscat View Post
    We could start with attitude. Bill Cosby does a talk where he points out that some segments of the black community berate those who perform well in school, saying they are "too white". Well that's just a self feeding loop and will likely cause all the above. Throw in there all the social advancing (after all we can't hurt their self esteem by not letting them advance with their peers) and dumb-ing down of the schools (another thread altogether) and you just make the situation worse.

    Edit:


    Maybe I should have kept reading. My gods man you just said it your self. They are discouraging their own! They could have more opportunity and would still be achieving less positive results if they are discouraging their own.
    Yes but WHY does that problem exist? Where did this attitude of discouraging one another come from? White people don't discourage each other by saying that they're acting white.

    This is an EXAMPLE of the lack of equality of opportunity that exists.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #218
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post

    If there was equality of opportunity, one would expect such figures to arise from all races in roughly equal proportions.
    if the system was rigged to keep a brother down, virtually none of them would be successful.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #219
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,595

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    That's not a REASON the culture exists, that's an EXAMPLE of it. If the problem is a victimization culture, then explain where that culture comes from if all races have equality of opportunity. The white equivalents of Al Sharpton (like, say, the morons that made this scholarship) are marginalized, a joke, or just ignored. Why is that? I mean, there must be some explanation for why people like Al Sharpton rose to prominence in the first place.

    If there was equality of opportunity, one would expect such figures to arise from all races in roughly equal proportions.
    The reason that Sharpton got to where he is, is that people like yourself that are afraid to question his motives and his rhetoric, because he's black. He wouldn't be as successful, if you didn't cut him some slack on account of his race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #220
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Texas Group Will Offer Scholarships To White Men Only

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    That's not a REASON the culture exists, that's an EXAMPLE of it. If the problem is a victimization culture, then explain where that culture comes from if all races have equality of opportunity. The white equivalents of Al Sharpton (like, say, the morons that made this scholarship) are marginalized, a joke, or just ignored.
    Actually no there not, Pat Buchanan and Frosty Wooldridge are taken seriously by the Paleoconservative supporters. Ive always held the believe that the Ying to Sharpton and Jackson's Yang people like Pat Buchanan and his cohorts.

    Why is that? I mean, there must be some explanation for why people like Al Sharpton rose to prominence in the first place.
    Because wedge issues are money makers, Sharpton, Buchanan, Jackson and Wooldridge would very irrelevant if it wasnt for the issue of race.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •