Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 239

Thread: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Clemenza: Oh, Mouamar?... won't see him no more.

  2. #32
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:28 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,373
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Ask Obama....

    I just want that malicious dickhead to stop bombing his own people.
    Oh! So now it's OK to send in forces.

    When Saddam had done that, when he started a war, lost it and was supposed to disarm and didn't... it was OK. No need to remove the dolt from power. It was OK that he brutalized his people, killing 100-per day ON AVERAGE and many in sadistic ways. And post 911 when we lost 3,000... (no there was no direct 911 link to Iraq)... gave Saddam a last UN Resolution chance to live up to his post-war agreement and 16 UN Resolutions and disarm, when all allies and even Hans Blix stated he was in violation and had unaccounted for WMD... that wasn't OK.

    The consistent inconsistency of you folks is amazing to watch. I mean really... who is/was a grave threat? Kadaffi Duck only killed 1,000, Saddam killed hundreds of thousands and used WMD. He's OK... the other wingnut you think we need to send in forces?

    D I S C O N N E C T O F L O G I C.

    The following is what happens when you've got an inexperienced windbag with a lack of spine at the helm.
    The débacle of Washington’s handling of the Libya issue is symbolic of a wider problem at the heart of the Obama administration’s foreign policy. The fact that it took ten days and at least a thousand dead on the streets of Libya’s cities before President Obama finally mustered the courage to call for Muammar “mad dog” Gaddafi to step down is highly embarrassing for the world’s only superpower, and emblematic of a deer-in-the-headlights approach to world leadership. Washington seems incapable of decisive decision-making on foreign policy at the moment, a far cry from the days when it swept entire regimes from power, and defeated America’s enemies with deep-seated conviction and an unshakeable drive for victory.

    Just a few years ago the United States was genuinely feared on the world stage, and dictatorial regimes, strategic adversaries and state sponsors of terror trod carefully in the face of the world’s most powerful nation. Now Washington appears weak, rudderless and frequently confused in its approach.

    Do tyrants fear America anymore? President Obama
    Last edited by zimmer; 03-01-11 at 01:11 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #33
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,589
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    I support redeploying to the area. I do not support USA unilateral action against Libya. There are a hell of a lot of countries in NATO that should be involved in any establishment of "no fly" zones, etc. I do not want our military to handle military actions against Libya alone. We are not the world's sole policeman, and I'm tired of us acting as if we were.

  4. #34
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Oh! So now it's OK to send in forces.

    When Saddam had done that, when he started a war, lost it and was supposed to disarm and didn't... it was OK. No need to remove the dolt from power. It was OK that he brutalized his people, killing 100-per day ON AVERAGE and many in sadistic ways. And post 911 when we lost 3,000... (no there was no direct 911 link to Iraq)... gave Saddam a last UN Resolution chance to live up to his post-war agreement and 16 UN Resolutions and disarm, when all allies and even Hans Blix stated he was in violation and had unaccounted for WMD... that wasn't OK.

    The consistent inconsistency of you folks is amazing to watch. I mean really... who is/was a grave threat? Kadaffi Duck only killed 1,000, Saddam killed hundreds of thousands and used WMD. He's OK... the other wingnut you think we need to send in forces?

    D I S C O N N E C T O F L O G I C.

    The following is what happens when you've got an inexperienced windbag with a lack of spine at the helm.
    There's a difference between responding to a crisis and unilaterally invading, AND SUBSEQUENTLY OCCUPYING FOR HALF A DECADE, another country because you feel like it. For the record I don't think we should do anything more than enforce a no-fly zone. As ugly as things may be on the ground, we don't know how much uglier they might get if you start throwing in a foreign force into the mix.

  5. #35
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,273
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    There's a difference between responding to a crisis and unilaterally invading, AND SUBSEQUENTLY OCCUPYING FOR HALF A DECADE, another country because you feel like it. For the record I don't think we should do anything more than enforce a no-fly zone. As ugly as things may be on the ground, we don't know how much uglier they might get if you start throwing in a foreign force into the mix.
    Thanks for saving me the typing

  6. #36
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Enforcing a no-fly zone is reasonable enough. It won't piss anyone off except Qaddafi which is an acceptable sacrifice at this point. More importantly, the costs and risk of casualties are minimal. It also doesn't set any horribly unreasonable precedents if other countries wanted to use the same rationale in the future. Losing oil is problematic, but if their one lesson to be learned from Iraq, it is that invasion wouldn't get us any regardless.

  7. #37
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,261

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    There's a difference between responding to a crisis and unilaterally invading, AND SUBSEQUENTLY OCCUPYING FOR HALF A DECADE, another country because you feel like it. For the record I don't think we should do anything more than enforce a no-fly zone. As ugly as things may be on the ground, we don't know how much uglier they might get if you start throwing in a foreign force into the mix.
    Yeah, if we do nothing, Qhadaffi just might deploy his 400 hundred tons of mustard gas. It'll be Ypres all over again.

    Doing nothing has an awesome track record throughout history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #38
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, if we do nothing, Qhadaffi just might deploy his 400 hundred tons of mustard gas. It'll be Ypres all over again.

    Doing nothing has an awesome track record throughout history.
    And intervention always has?

  9. #39
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,261

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    And intervention always has?
    By comparison, yes. Just think how many millions of lives wouldn't have been lost, had The United States gotten involved in WW2 in 1938 vice waiting until we were attacked in 1941.

    How many people died during WW1, before we came into save the day?

    How many people died in Southeast Asia, during the 70's, because we did nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,261

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I support redeploying to the area. I do not support USA unilateral action against Libya. There are a hell of a lot of countries in NATO that should be involved in any establishment of "no fly" zones, etc. I do not want our military to handle military actions against Libya alone. We are not the world's sole policeman, and I'm tired of us acting as if we were.
    They'll just **** things up. They always do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •