Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 239

Thread: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

  1. #221
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    When did you kick the **** out of the Brits? The French won your War of Independence for you, and you lost the War of 1812. The only time Americans fought Soviet troops was in the intervention in the Russian Civil War, and the Americans got their asses handed to them there.


    What???????


    You are funny.... you argue military history like a sports fan.....


    The french were indecisive and only joined our cause when they knew we would win. It was naval in nature, and initially a flop. Only under Washington did Comte de Rochambeau contribute to the siege on Yorktown.


    The French were a big help, however, they in no way "won" the war for us...



    /facepalm
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 03-02-11 at 11:22 AM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #222
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    When did you kick the **** out of the Brits? The French won your War of Independence for you, and you lost the War of 1812. The only time Americans fought Soviet troops was in the intervention in the Russian Civil War, and the Americans got their asses handed to them there.
    Yeah...what?????
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #223
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Dear god, as a bit of a history boff i can tell you that both marteau and apdst have some funny ideas about what happened in WW2...

    Ive decided though that all this revisionist history is far too entertaining to start debunking!

    Onward!
    The funny ideas that you claim I have are called, "facts".
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #224
    Student Iron River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-16-17 @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    254

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    I just want that malicious dickhead to stop bombing his own people.
    He isn’t bombing his own people. His people are the ones dropping the bombs on people from other islamo tribes in the area.

    I would go after Qaddafi’s tribe; kill Qaddafi and anyone around him for his ordering the bombing of our PanAm passenger jet and then shoot down all of their military air craft, bomb the Qaddafi tribal army but no food for the rest of the people who have never been our friends and won’t be if we give them food.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron River View Post
    He isn’t bombing his own people. His people are the ones dropping the bombs on people from other islamo tribes in the area.

    I would go after Qaddafi’s tribe; kill Qaddafi and anyone around him for his ordering the bombing of our PanAm passenger jet and then shoot down all of their military air craft, bomb the Qaddafi tribal army but no food for the rest of the people who have never been our friends and won’t be if we give them food.
    False : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tncgs...layer_embedded

    Edit : Sorry, did not notice that you already caught on to that he is NOT...

    So true, he is NOT bombing his people... at least not in the ways that had been reported.
    Last edited by BmanMcfly; 03-02-11 at 12:36 PM.

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    False : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tncgs...layer_embedded

    Edit : Sorry, did not notice that you already caught on to that he is NOT...

    So true, he is NOT bombing his people... at least not in the ways that had been reported.
    I don't know. The credibility of RT is really really bad. They once reported on the obesity epidemic in the Armed Forces of the USA. And their main picture was of this:


    Mind you the caption was not there. But still. You would have expected them to do some more research. But no they decided to post a picture of an airsofter and try to pass him as an American soldier. Then if you watch the channel for anything. Its mostly anti-American reports and then pro-Russian reports. So yeah.

  7. #227
    Student Iron River's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    09-16-17 @ 06:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    254

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    When did you kick the **** out of the Brits? The French won your War of Independence for you, and you lost the War of 1812
    So the Brits would rather have been defeated by FRANCE??? And if the Brits won the War of 1812 why didn’t they occupy all that they had conquered?

  8. #228
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron River View Post
    So the Brits would rather have been defeated by FRANCE??? And if the Brits won the War of 1812 why didn’t they occupy all that they had conquered?
    Personally, I think the war of 1812 was more a stalemate than anything else. But victory in a war is not the same as conquering territory.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    I don't know. The credibility of RT is really really bad. They once reported on the obesity epidemic in the Armed Forces of the USA. And their main picture was of this:


    Mind you the caption was not there. But still. You would have expected them to do some more research. But no they decided to post a picture of an airsofter and try to pass him as an American soldier. Then if you watch the channel for anything. Its mostly anti-American reports and then pro-Russian reports. So yeah.
    All news agencies are fallible and need to be taken with a grain of salt, BUT, the US has been posturing to invade on some level, so I can see US influenced media to desire to inspire hatred for Ghadaffi (sp?)...so, in this particular case, we could examine other international news sources to see their positions on the issue...

    Edit : that picture is pretty funny...

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by BmanMcfly View Post
    All news agencies are fallible and need to be taken with a grain of salt, BUT, the US has been posturing to invade on some level, so I can see US influenced media to desire to inspire hatred for Ghadaffi (sp?)...so, in this particular case, we could examine other international news sources to see their positions on the issue...

    Edit : that picture is pretty funny...
    The US doesn't need to invade. Let the Italians do it.....ok that was a joke. According to some news sources the US SOF's are already in Libya. Training the Anti-Gadhafi crowd. So I think that is as far as we are going to be going.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •