Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 239

Thread: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

  1. #161
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    Ah. But gang affiliations are still strictly no-go, correct?
    That's is correct, but there's not much they can do about the gang tats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #162
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    Stalin was begging for a second front because tens of millions of Russians had died fighting for your freedom while you sat back and threw money at the problem, and he wanted to come out of this war with any kind of male population at all.

    But, instead, the cowardly Americans refused to open the second front until 1944, by which time the Russians already had the Germans in full retreat across Poland, leaving twenty million dead Russians in their wake.
    Their freedom? The United States, hell even the UK, were unlikely to have their freedom denied by the Nazis at that stage.

  3. #163
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    Stalin was begging for a second front because tens of millions of Russians had died fighting for your freedom while you sat back and threw money at the problem, and he wanted to come out of this war with any kind of male population at all.

    But, instead, the cowardly Americans refused to open the second front until 1944, by which time the Russians already had the Germans in full retreat across Poland, leaving twenty million dead Russians in their wake.
    We wanted more Russians to get killed, because we knew we would have to face them on the battlefield at some point in the future.

    We should have cut a deal with Hitler to destroy Russia, then double-crossed him, after it was done.
    Last edited by apdst; 03-01-11 at 09:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    Their freedom? The United States, hell even the UK, were unlikely to have their freedom denied by the Nazis at that stage.
    If the Soviet Union had capitulated to the Wehrmacht, and relinquished the largest stockpile of manpower, resources and industry on Earth at the time to the Nazis, the Anglo-Americans wouldn't have been able to stand for long.

  5. #165
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    We wanted more Russians to get killed, because we knew we would have to face them on the battlefield at some point in the future.
    That's a disgusting thing to say, not to mention a major fallacy of hindsight.

  6. #166
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    If the Soviet Union had capitulated to the Wehrmacht, and relinquished the largest stockpile of manpower, resources and industry on Earth at the time to the Nazis, the Anglo-Americans wouldn't have been able to stand for long.
    A real testement to how poorly communism works isn't it?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #167
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,461

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    That's a disgusting thing to say, not to mention a major fallacy of hindsight.
    Hindsight is 20/20. Except for General Patton. He was right in hating the Soviets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #168
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Actually, I did; even if you refuse to admit it.
    I said that the Red Army was responsible for most of the Wehrmacht's destruction. In terms of numbers and statistics, this is pure unadulterated truth. I in no way diminished the contributions of American and Allied troops fighting on the Western Front or suggested that the war could have been won without them.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    A real testement to how poorly communism works isn't it?


    j-mac
    Er... How so?

  10. #170
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Hindsight is 20/20. Except for General Patton. He was right in hating the Soviets.
    Why? Because they followed a different ideology? Because they were smart enough not to bow to your God? You can disagree with someone over these things, perhaps even dislike the person. But hate? Political ideologies didn't matter much to you while the Russians were beating the Germans for you, why hate them afterwards?

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •