Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 239

Thread: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Most of that is a revised version of history.

    Especially this,



    I like this one, too,



    You do realize that Foreign Legion like, 90% non-French, right? I think back then, it was still illegal for French citizens to join the Foreign Legion, but I could be wrong.

    This is one of the UK's claims to fame, of late...

    2007 Iranian seizure of Royal Navy personnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Roughly 40% of the Foreign Legion is French, and all of the officers are. As well, that's not revised history, that what we call "non-propaganda-enfused history". Do some research. On any of them.


    As well, you've posted a link to some British soldiers being captured by Iran. Shall I post to you a link of all the American soldiers captured by Iranians (like the entire Embassy, hehe?), Somalis, Iraqis, Saudis or Afghanis? What does it prove?

  2. #132
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    Actually, I fought for the French Foreign Legion from 1988-1993, and with the Royal Marines from 1993-2000.


    Just thought I'd say.

    Cool. I always though the ffl would be cool, i went pmc instead for the money.....

    Where you been? Where did you "fight for" the ffl?



    Your politics Suck an ld your anti-americanism is a joke, but i'd have a beer with ya.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, what Russian units were in North Africa? The Pacific? Italy? Normandy? Face it, friend, ya'll were getting your asses handed to you, before we showed up to save the day. It's an indisputable fact that American are superior to any other nationality on earth.
    Alright, the last sentence has confirmed to me that you're just trolling. But I'll nibble. Not quite bite, but I'll nibble.

    80% of all Axis casualties (not just Germans, not just European Theatre, but ALL Axis forces) were from the Eastern Front, where the only army opposing the Wehrmacht was the Red Army.

    As well, the Soviets were in the Pacific, where they routed the Japanese Kwantung Army, which, I might add, accounted for 65% of all Japanese military personnel.


    Furthermore, North Africa, Italy and Normandy were all majorty British or Commonwealth troops.


    There's no disputing this, mate. The British Empire and the Soviet Union won the Second World War. Other countries contributed, and we honour them for their contribution. But they dare not take the credit, because it isn't deserved.

  4. #134
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    The British Empire and the Soviet Union together accounted for 95% of German casualties, and the Soviet Union alone accounted for 75%. So, yes, I'd say we won it. There's really no debate. I can go on and on, show you all the facts, about how 80% of the German Wehrmacht fought on the Eastern Front, about how the Soviet Union lost 20 million people in a sacrifice to the world against fascism, while all the Americans did was throw money at the problem until it went away, as they always do.

    But I'm inclined to think you've got your head so far up your arse there isn't enough light for you to read a history book, so I'm wasting my breath.


    If your hit rate didnt suck perhaps you didnt need to lose 20 millon.... Lol


    Btw sending people into battle without a rifle and shooting those that retreated is not an honorable pasy for your little hammer and sickle.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #135
    Sage
    Infinite Chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Seen
    11-19-17 @ 06:45 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    14,858

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    - Northern Ireland Troubles, 1980s -- IRA causes mass unrest in Northern Ireland, Britain successfully puts down insurgency, and secures Northern Ireland, marking one of the most successful counterinsurgency operations to date --
    That's not quite how it was...

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    -- This is one of the UK's claims to fame, of late...
    How did we get here from US troops deployed to the Libya border? Do you want Jimmy Carter's failed rescue of US citizens from Iran posted in response?

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So when and where did you serve?
    You remember how you are when someone online questions your military service?

    Stop the penis contest guys. All of you.

  6. #136
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    Roughly 40% of the Foreign Legion is French, and all of the officers are. As well, that's not revised history, that what we call "non-propaganda-enfused history". Do some research. On any of them.


    As well, you've posted a link to some British soldiers being captured by Iran. Shall I post to you a link of all the American soldiers captured by Iranians (like the entire Embassy, hehe?), Somalis, Iraqis, Saudis or Afghanis? What does it prove?
    A majority of the legion being non-French is the only reason it's effective fighting force. Were that many Frenchmen in the legion during The Storm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Cool. I always though the ffl would be cool, i went pmc instead for the money.....

    Where you been? Where did you "fight for" the ffl?



    Your politics Suck an ld your anti-americanism is a joke, but i'd have a beer with ya.
    Been to Cote d'Ivoire, Rwanda, Djibouti, and French Guyana. Went other places with the Royal Marines, though.

    Yeah, the money wasn't great, but it wasn't really about the money. It was about wanderlust, adventure, and a bit of an escape, and for that, the Legion was second to none. PMC, though, that's interesting. Which company? Where'd you go? And how was the pay, hehe?

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A majority of the legion being non-French is the only reason it's effective fighting force. Were that many Frenchmen in the legion during The Storm?
    Yes, that number has been fairly constant over the years. As well, as I said, all of the officers are French.

    Anyway, look, I can understand the pissing contest the Americans have with the French, they're serious rivals, as intense as twin brothers. But it's really unprofessional to make broadly racist statements about a group of people you know little about.

  9. #139
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    What unit did you serve in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #140
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: U.S. Military Repositions Forces in Preparation for Libya Response

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    Alright, the last sentence has confirmed to me that you're just trolling. But I'll nibble. Not quite bite, but I'll nibble.

    80% of all Axis casualties (not just Germans, not just European Theatre, but ALL Axis forces) were from the Eastern Front, where the only army opposing the Wehrmacht was the Red Army.

    As well, the Soviets were in the Pacific, where they routed the Japanese Kwantung Army, which, I might add, accounted for 65% of all Japanese military personnel.


    Furthermore, North Africa, Italy and Normandy were all majorty British or Commonwealth troops.


    There's no disputing this, mate. The British Empire and the Soviet Union won the Second World War. Other countries contributed, and we honour them for their contribution. But they dare not take the credit, because it isn't deserved.
    The Soviets didn't start fighting the Japanese until 1945.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •