Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: Saudi Arabia in Talks to boost oil supplies

  1. #21
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Saudi Arabia in Talks to boost oil supplies

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    These clowns are.

    BrightSource breaks ground on Ivanpah solar plant : Solar Energy - Clean Energy Authority

    You treehuggers really need to get on the same page.
    Hey apdst!
    I would call my positions more science-based... than political.
    Tho I'd say because of those views, I AM a "treehugger". Former Greenpeace member too. (full disclosure)

    But I am 'For' Building those Solar Plants.. and scores MORE too.

    I am also 'for' drilling in ANWR because I believe the foot print is small enough to not have a big impact.
    North Slope Drilling, despite some spills, generally did not hurt the environment. The Caribou herd increased after.

    This is probably true for my logical friend Deuce too.
    These are FACT-based/thought-out/differentiated positions; unlike the FOX talking points of so many people Across the issue spectrum.
    Last edited by mbig; 02-24-11 at 08:47 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  2. #22
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Saudi Arabia in Talks to boost oil supplies

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    ...unlike the FOX talking points of so many people Across the issue spectrum.
    You were on a roll, right up to this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #23
    onomatopoeic
    mbig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    04-20-17 @ 08:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,350

    Re: Saudi Arabia in Talks to boost oil supplies

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You were on a roll, right up to this point.
    :^)
    Sorry, but it's true.
    So many here..
    You know their positions on Everything. Warming/AGW, abortion, the current Wisconson fight, Taxes, Obama, Healthcare, etc.
    It's Fine if your are Consistent Conservative..
    but as with taking Religion too literally.. I don't like when they start crossing into science classes/evolution.
    Same as with denying warming.
    Let's keep science and ideology (political or religous) separate.
    Last edited by mbig; 02-24-11 at 08:55 PM.
    I'm personally sick of not being able to dunk a basketball because of racism.
    anon

  4. #24
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Saudi Arabia in Talks to boost oil supplies

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    :^)
    Sorry, but it's true.
    So many here..
    You know their positions on Everything. Warming/AGW, abortion, the current Wisconson fight, Taxes, Obama, Healthcare, etc.
    It's Fine if your are Consistent Conservative..
    but as with taking Religion too literally.. I don't like when they start crossing into science classes/evolution.
    Same as with denying warming.
    Let's keep science and ideology (political or religous) separate.
    Evolution and global warming are ideology. So, neither should be taught in science classes, because they're the anti-religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #25
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Saudi Arabia in Talks to boost oil supplies

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    No, I am asking for proof and a definition of what "given away trillions" is. Military aid? Humanitarian aid? and over what time period? Does lend lease come into the equation? How about the trillions that went the other way in "liberated" technology?

    So we are back to the definition question again.. else it is just another lame chest thumping exercise by a right wing american, without no base in facts or reality.
    It makes not difference what it is, we gave it away and it's common knowledge.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #26
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Saudi Arabia in Talks to boost oil supplies

    Quote Originally Posted by mbig View Post
    What "Any more questions?".

    You didn't answer the ones he posed.
    ie "Trillions?" "Over what period of time?" "Humanitarian?", Lend Lease?", etc.
    Posting one year's aid is NOT an answer to his many questions, Especially the "Trillions" claim.

    Yet, a pompous finish to a very Incomplete/Inadequate answer.
    A question was asked and I provided an answer. If you don't like it, provide additional info or clarify it yourself.

    If my post claims the U.S. gives away $25 billion, then I think it answers the question as to the trillions claim.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #27
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,849

    Re: Saudi Arabia in Talks to boost oil supplies

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    These clowns are.

    BrightSource breaks ground on Ivanpah solar plant : Solar Energy - Clean Energy Authority

    You treehuggers really need to get on the same page.
    Why would you group me in with these people? I've never said anything remotely resembling this.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Evolution and global warming are ideology. So, neither should be taught in science classes, because they're the anti-religion.
    No, they're based on scientific observations. I mean, really? Evolution is ideology?

    Sorry, dude. Reality does not match what you say.
    Last edited by Deuce; 02-25-11 at 10:40 AM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #28
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Saudi Arabia in Talks to boost oil supplies

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Why would you group me in with these people? I've never said anything remotely resembling this.
    Ever hear the expression, "If you it doesn't apply to you, then don't worry about it"? Perhaps that is applicable here?



    No, they're based on scientific observations. I mean, really? Evolution is ideology?

    Sorry, dude. Reality does not match what you say.
    Alotta people believe that God caused evolution. Shall we say that in the science classes, as well? Won't happen, will it?

    Reality matches exactly what I say, brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #29
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Saudi Arabia in Talks to boost oil supplies

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Yet when Obama tries to do it with a green energy initiative, people freak out. Go figure.
    President Jimmy Carter
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  10. #30
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Saudi Arabia in Talks to boost oil supplies

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst
    Ever hear the expression, "If you it doesn't apply to you, then don't worry about it"? Perhaps that is applicable here?
    May be because you answered his question with this....

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst
    You treehuggers really need to get on the same page.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •