Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65

Thread: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

  1. #31
    Liberal Fascist For Life!

    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:10 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    94,651
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What tools can we give you so that you can understand a simple concept? I guess minorities from Louisiana just don't understand simple sentences.
    Moderator's Warning:
    On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategyDon't do this, it is not needed.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham
    Ive always believed that America is an idea, not defined by its people but by its ideals. - Lindsey Graham

  2. #32
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,022

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What tools can we give you so that you can understand a simple concept? I guess minorities from Louisiana just don't understand simple sentences.
    That must be it. Where you from? Anyway?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  3. #33
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,383

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Moderator's Warning:
    On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategyDon't do this, it is not needed.
    Why not? If he can say minorities vote democrat in order to get money, I can say minorities in Louisiana are dumb considering the state has some of the lowest high school graduation rates in the continental US.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  4. #34
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What tools can we give you so that you can understand a simple concept? I guess minorities from Louisiana just don't understand simple sentences.
    I don't speak fluid strawman, only broken and you seem to have a red herring dialect. How does this have anything to do with the topic or are you changing the subject?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #35
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,022

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Why not? If he can say minorities vote democrat in order to get money, I can say minorities in Louisiana are dumb considering the state has some of the lowest high school graduation rates in the continental US.
    Louisiana has more minorities that any other state in the country, so if you want to go down that road, feel free. People call me a racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  6. #36
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,383

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I don't speak fluid strawman, only broken and you seem to have a red herring dialect.
    What was the straw man? I gave a perfect scenario where this would certainly be a big deal. If Obama had been caught making statements about planting people at Sarah Palin events, we'd have 100 threads on it about the corruption of Obama. Seems there is a clear double standard here. Conservatives keep getting caught creating false scenarios in order to entrap people and it's not a big deal. That is, until somebody does it to them.
    Last edited by Hatuey; 02-24-11 at 02:31 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  7. #37
    Rule of Two
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,383

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Louisiana has more minorities that any other state in the country, so if you want to go down that road, feel free. People call me a racist?
    You still don't get the meaning of the sentence? No surprises there.
    Peace is a lie. There is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength. Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory. Through Victory my chains are Broken. The Force shall free me.

  8. #38
    Tavern Bartender
    Mating season! WooHoo!
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,114
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    I have not listened to the call because of the underhanded way the information was extracted. I find it low and unnecessary. And Okham is right... it's not new information as it's obvious as day that politicians these days easily forget that they are elected to represent "the people" and not themselves.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #39
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    I have not listened to the call because of the underhanded way the information was extracted. I find it low and unnecessary. And Okham is right... it's not new information as it's obvious as day that politicians these days easily forget that they are elected to represent "the people" and not themselves.
    it was low and unnecessary....however, it was pretty fuuny to hear scott walker compare himself to reagan.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  10. #40
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    What was the straw man?
    It started with "I wonder what would happen if... "

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I gave a perfect scenario where this would certainly be a big deal. If Obama had been caught making statements about planting people at Sarah Palin events, we'd have 100 threads on it about the corruption of Obama.
    And a if a frog could walk it would bump it's ass a hoppin'.... But let's address that for a moment. You're serious comparing what the President of the United States would say/do planting people at events...(which never happened btw) to the WI Governor supposedly doing the same thing, which also never happened. Do we get 3-D glasses and a popcorn with that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Seems there is a clear double standard here.
    There's no standard all since your scenario's in both cases are completly fictional.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Conservatives keep getting caught creating false scenarios in order to entrap people and it's not a big deal. That is, until somebody does it to them.
    No clue what your referring to ... more accusations of things that don't happen? I think you need to re-write your scenario's and maybe, just maybe base them in fact and reality.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •