Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65

Thread: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    It exposes Walker for what he truly is - an ideological right winger who is pursuing an extremist agenda
    we already knew all that

  2. #12
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Zyphlin kinda makes an important point here. Not sure if it is the point he was going for, but it's still an important point. It is sad when people have to go around pretending to be others to gather information to hurt their opponents. It's sad when done by some on the right to go after their targets, and it is equally sad here. We should be condemning any one who stoops to these types of tactics, on either side. How you win is just as important as winning.
    How mad was Zyphlin or Ockham during the ACORN scandal? I disagree with you anyway, it is just undercover work. I don't think Dateline NBC's: To Catch a Predator is sad because they trick pedophiles.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Zyphlin kinda makes an important point here. Not sure if it is the point he was going for, but it's still an important point. It is sad when people have to go around pretending to be others to gather information to hurt their opponents. It's sad when done by some on the right to go after their targets, and it is equally sad here. We should be condemning any one who stoops to these types of tactics, on either side. How you win is just as important as winning.
    My point was, actually, an equally sad one. This type of "false flag" political activity, which I don't really find "unethical" but I find a bit low, isn't exactly unusual or unheard of on either side so my condemnation and care about it isn't something that rises to a really high level. Its about a step up from mudslinging now, which is sad in and of itself.

    The biggest issue too is how sincere he is on some of those things becomes questionable because of the way they're obtained. People bluff, bluster, and bull**** about theoretical things or mused about things for all sorts of reasons OTHER than honestly suggesting them when talking to someone who they trust. I think most people can probably admit that when talking amongst friends they've probably talked up a situation as to how they reacted or would react that, when looking at it with a realistic view, you're going to act different. Its like talking to someone going "I swear, I'm going to go in there and tell the Boss a piece of my mind and why this project is so stupid. Really let him have it and point out all the flaws he stupidly put in it" to some co-worker friends but in reality you know damn well that the most you'll do is politely suggest to your boss you go about it another way. Whether this is honest suggestions of truthful attempts or bluff and bluster is impossible to really know, because its all based off of a fake presentation.

    Someone lied about their identity in a very specific way to get someone to tell them information that is questionable in nature but also questionable in its legitimacy.

    If the governor actually DID have them pass a bill while the Democrats simply were in the capital building, then I'd be raising holy hell about the guy and what a crook he is. Him stating it to some random big wig isn't something I'm going to scream about, because it could be as much trying to puff his chest out with bull**** bluster towards a big name person as it was any kind of serious plan.

  4. #14
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    The only thing it does is expose his public words are the same as his private words - in short, he's genuine when he speaks.

    Help destroy America.... BWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    In short - he is aright wing True Believer wacko who will destroy working Americans lives if he and his ilk get their way.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,971

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    How mad was Zyphlin or Ockham during the ACORN scandal? I disagree with you anyway, it is just undercover work. I don't think Dateline NBC's: To Catch a Predator is sad because they trick pedophiles.
    Probably would need to go back and check my things, but I think Brietbart is generally a somewhat scummy type of guy. I had bigger problems with those people in ACORN then I have with this governor, but that's because they actually performed some sort of official action than simply stated the possibility of things that might possibly happen. I would also have less issue if this guy called up presenting himself as a generic republican donor and got this out of him, rather than presenting himself as a specific person which has more specific implications rather than broader ones.

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    way off topic, and way too personal for me usually to comment on

    but chris hanson's predator physically makes me cringe

    in my opinion, one must almost be a sadist to watch it

    journalism as low as the sexual abuse of children, my opinion

    please carry on, please take no note of my view of this zoomed in crucifixion of those who but for the grace of...

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    In short - he is aright wing True Believer wacko who will destroy working Americans lives if he and his ilk get their way.
    you're starting to lose it, brother

    you're so shrill, coming off as a loser

    i thought you were a lot better, i still think you are

    stay up

  8. #18
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,045

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    I wonder what would happen if Obama was caught having a private conversation with Rahm Emmanuel discussing planting some of his people in Sarah Palin events. FOX News and conservatives would have a field day talking about Chicago style politics and how corrupt Obama is. I guess since it's not a Democrat politician doing this, it's not a big deal.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,832

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    you're starting to lose it, brother

    you're so shrill, coming off as a loser

    i thought you were a lot better, i still think you are

    stay up
    Sorry that you cannot take evil being branded for what it is. Reminds me of that movie with Cruise and Nicholson in the military court.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: On prank call, Wis. governor discusses strategy

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    How mad was Zyphlin or Ockham during the ACORN scandal? I disagree with you anyway, it is just undercover work. I don't think Dateline NBC's: To Catch a Predator is sad because they trick pedophiles.
    Their attitude is entirely irrelevant to my beliefs.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •