Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 151

Thread: Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayoral vote

  1. #141
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayoral vote

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Prove that it isn't. You can't. I'm right and you know it.

    Most poor people chose not to do something, anything to make a better life for themselves. Didn't finish high school? Whose fault is that? Didn't learn a trade? Whose fault is that? ****ed without protection and bred several babies you can't afford? Whose fault is that? Tell us again how these decisions aren't decisions?
    KK mah dude. You obviously cannot back up your point with facts, so yeah.

    When you can, you know where to reach me.

    Edit: Also, you obviously do not know how a debate works. You made the claim, thus the burden of proof is on you. People who cannot back up their facts use lines like "Prove that it isn't."

    Congrats on your arrogance.
    Last edited by Mr. Invisible; 02-24-11 at 09:04 PM.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  2. #142
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,296

    Re: Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayoral vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    KK mah dude. You obviously cannot back up your point with facts, so yeah.

    When you can, you know where to reach me.

    Edit: Also, you obviously do not know how a debate works. You made the claim, thus the burden of proof is on you. People who cannot back up their facts use lines like "Prove that it isn't."

    Congrats on your arrogance.
    You countered my claim that with some bull**** about how it's, "society's fault", that poor people are poor. You know how lame that argument has become? Sooner, or later, poor folks are going to have to take some responsibility for their own actions. And, that, is a fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #143
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayoral vote

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You countered my claim that with some bull**** about how it's, "society's fault", that poor people are poor. You know how lame that argument has become? Sooner, or later, poor folks are going to have to take some responsibility for their own actions. And, that, is a fact.
    You have not addressed the issues I bought up. Please do.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  4. #144
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,296

    Re: Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayoral vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    You have not addressed the issues I bought up. Please do.
    You haven't brought up any issues, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #145
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayoral vote

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You haven't brought up any issues, bro.
    Yeah, I have, you have not addressed the questions I bought up. You have provided nothing but your opinion.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  6. #146
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayoral vote

    One thing is now a sure thing. There is no chance of any reform of the corrupt politics Chicago is best known for outside of the wind.

    Transparency and openness in City Government is not coming anytime soon either.

    Is it true Emanuel said that if you don't like the way he Governs Rahm it up your Barack side.

  7. #147
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,296

    Re: Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayoral vote

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Invisible View Post
    Yeah, I have, you have not addressed the questions I bought up. You have provided nothing but your opinion.
    You haven't brought anything other than, "it's society's fault"! I'm 42 and you know how many times I've heard that lame ass **** from from minorities? It became embarressing about 20 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #148
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayoral vote

    I'm curious how this economy could actually function if there were no poor people. No one to do menial labor. No one to stock shelves. No one to drive trucks across the country. Everything about our society demands that an underclass exist for the rest of us to live the way we do. So yes, society creates poor people. They are a byproduct of the culture and economic models we have built.

    Most impoverished people are born into that class and have no means to escape, given the insular nature of higher education and pretty much every part of affluent society. This is not from wickedness, nor laziness. Until we take it upon ourselves to do better, and build a better society where we don't need to prey on weaker people for our own benefit, then there will be a poor underclass. There is no one but us to blame.

    But even more than blame, we need to accept responsibility and do something about it, rather than bitching about whether or not we keep a few more or less % of our income.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  9. #149
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayoral vote

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A city that has a population that is 61% minorites and Rahmbeaux comes in promising a free meal ticket. Nope, no surprise that he won.

    He didnt. Please actually know what youre talking about before talking about it. Thanks If you knew the facts he promissed to cut back on services and try to lower the tax rate..... and wants to balance the Chicago budget.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  10. #150
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Rahm Emanuel wins Chicago mayoral vote

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You haven't brought anything other than, "it's society's fault"! I'm 42 and you know how many times I've heard that lame ass **** from from minorities? It became embarressing about 20 years ago.
    42 and still in need of knowing. Look, you need to really take a look at reality and learn how life REALLY is beyond YOUR little world. Sure there are minorities..... their groups that lobby for crap they dont deserve. But there are also non-minorities that do the SAME THING! I wish I could help you man. You see so little of what is around you! Maybe there is something in your life that will change the way you see things. Once you see more of what people experience and a wider spectrum of reality, you will probably kick yourself.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •