Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 291 to 300 of 361

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

  1. #291
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    You got some funny ideas about what goes on "over there".

    At school in England I was well taught about American involvment in Europe, and it was rather positive.
    That might have been a while ago then, and it's encouraging to hear it was "rather positive". but the fact is that when Europeans misrepresent the truth about the United States it is seldom other Europeans who try to set the record straight. Sedlom do they ever give balance to the anti American comments either.

  2. #292
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    But as the over all impact on the fighting and the war, it was always relatively small, which is as I found out later in life, was factually correct.
    There were 117,000 Americans killed in WWI, 67,000 Canadians and 62,000 Aussies. All "relatively small" to a Brit perhaps but certainly not to those who were fighting alongside their former British allies

    The next time Britain goes to war you can bet that any contribution will be relatively much, much smaller.

  3. #293
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There were 117,000 Americans killed in WWI, 67,000 Canadians and 62,000 Aussies. All "relatively small" to a Brit perhaps but certainly not to those who were fighting alongside their former British allies

    The next time Britain goes to war you can bet that any contribution will be relatively much, much smaller.
    Youi do know Japan an ally of Germany attacked the US, don't you? That is why we fought the Germans, not to save GB.

    http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...lares_war.html
    Last edited by USA_1; 02-24-11 at 01:52 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  4. #294
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Youi do know Japan an ally of Germany attacked the US, don't you? That is why we fought the Germans, not to save GB.

    Hitler Declares War on the United States
    We are discussing WW!.

    You can add to the conversation though on how the British are taught that it was incompetent American commanders who got all the Americans killed.

    It was their own fault, you see. That's what they're being taught in British schools.
    Last edited by Grant; 02-24-11 at 02:14 PM.

  5. #295
    Global Moderator
    Bodhidarma approves bigly
    Andalublue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Granada, España
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    26,111

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    We are discussing WW!.

    You can add to the conversation though on how the British are taught that it was incompetent American commanders who got all the Americans killed.

    It was their own fault, you see. That's what they're being taught in British schools.
    As usual you are just making sh** up to support your obsessive, anti-British propaganda. If you can provide a single piece of British history curriculum material that says anything like
    it was incompetent American commanders who got all the Americans killed
    , I'll withdraw my accusation of bare-faced lying.

    And this has got what to do with Somalia? Your lying is derailing, flaming and baiting.
    "The crisis will end when fear changes sides" - Pablo Iglesias Turrión

    "Austerity is used as a cover to reconfigure society and increase inequality and injustice." - Jeremy Corbyn

  6. #296
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,339
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That might have been a while ago then, and it's encouraging to hear it was "rather positive". but the fact is that when Europeans misrepresent the truth about the United States it is seldom other Europeans who try to set the record straight. Sedlom do they ever give balance to the anti American comments either.
    Could please provide me with some examples of how school children in Europe are misrepresented the history of American involvement in Europe.

  7. #297
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Andalublue View Post
    And this has got what to do with Somalia? Your lying is derailing, flaming and baiting.


    I think the thread has been well and truly derailed.


  8. #298
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by USA_1 View Post
    Youi do know Japan an ally of Germany attacked the US, don't you? That is why we fought the Germans, not to save GB.

    Hitler Declares War on the United States
    Whhy did we send more resources against Germany, than we did Japan, in the early months of the war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #299
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Somali pirates could face trial in U.S., experts say | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

    U.S. officials are mulling whether to bring 15 captured Somali pirates to America to face justice in the deaths of four Americans whose yacht was hijacked in the Arabian Sea.
    http://www.afrol.com/articles/37366

    Somaliland ministers and a visiting donor from the Norwegian government inaugurated a new modern prison in Hargeisa, which will make it possible to convict Somali pirates caught by international forces.
    Bad bad move Somaliland.
    Last edited by Laila; 02-24-11 at 02:57 PM.


  10. #300
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Whhy did we send more resources against Germany, than we did Japan, in the early months of the war?
    Did we? How much more resources did we send against Germany?
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •