Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 361

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

  1. #141
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Moderator's Warning:
    BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been KilledIkari has been thread banned. Any further posting in this thread by the poster will be met with additional infractions.

  2. #142
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,227

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I have been over it a million times in your other Pirate thread.

    Here:


    Incorrect.
    Sure, poverty can be used as a excuse now. But that is not how "piracy" began.
    It was fishermen who were having their livelihood taken away from them by other
    countries llegally dumping and fishing in Somali waters and took their money, so they armed themselves to ward them off.
    Hence why Somalis call them coast guards. Not Pirates.
    I consider the Pirates those who enter Somalia's waters to fish our god given natural resources and dump their crap in Somali waters. They thought no one would do anything.

    Somalis did and now the world is getting pissy. Please.
    I support those coast guards who operate in Somali waters and always will.
    It's always someone else's fault.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #143
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    you think there are two different kinds of pirates? ones that are concious of a 12 mile limit, and others who don't care? really?
    Yes I do.
    Unlike probably everyone in this thread, I have met and spoken to members of both of these groups in my trips to my country.

    The ones who do it for greed. The pirates are the ones who have their disgusting prostitutes, alcohol, who waste the ransom money on huge houses (You won't believe how OTT some of them are) but stash enough to bribe off the "Governments" and officials. And enough to quieten up the local population

    The coast guards are those who are more humble with their ransom money. They use it to compensate those fishermen who have lost out, they build the schools and hospitals and roads in North Somalia.

    Yes. I do recognize the difference and I do support one of them. One acted out of desperation and a last resort because it was the only way to protect themselves in the face of the rest of the world turning their back on it. The other started it because of the money involved and the rewards outweighed the risks
    Last edited by Laila; 02-22-11 at 02:48 PM.


  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, it looks like we got some more pirates to kill.

    There were 15 prisoners taken, when the Navy boarded the yacht. They should all be executed, immediately.
    There'll be a great deal of disappointment if they aren't.

  5. #145
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,227

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There'll be a great deal of disappointment if they aren't.
    We should probably get ourselves ready to be disappointed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #146
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,939

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Are you essentially saying you have theives and then you have robin hood types? Ones who care about their own personal wealth, and others who feel they're protecting their waters and the people who have sunk into poverty due to their livelihood (fishing the waters) has been severely damaged?

  7. #147
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,227

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Yes I do.
    Unlike probably everyone in this thread, I have met and spoken to members of both of these groups in my trips to my country.

    The ones who do it for greed. The pirates are the ones who have their disgusting prostitutes, alcohol, who waste the ransom money on huge houses (You won't believe how OTT some of them are) but stash enough to bribe off the "Governments" and officials. And enough to quieten up the local population

    The coast guards are those who are more humble with their ransom money. They use it to compensate those fishermen who have lost out, they build the schools and hospitals and roads in North Somalia.

    Yes. I do recognize the difference and I do support one of them. One acted out of desperation and a last resort because it was the only way to protect themselves in the face of the rest of the world turning their back on it. The other started it because of the money involved and the rewards outweighed the risks
    Both are illegal. Both should be met with a maximum amount of violence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #148
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Both are illegal. Both should be met with a maximum amount of violence.
    Prepare to be disappointed

    Pirates and the Coast Guards are here to stay.


  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Yes I do.
    Unlike probably everyone in this thread, I have met and spoken to members of both of these groups in my trips to my country.

    The ones who do it for greed. The pirates are the ones who have their disgusting prostitutes, alcohol, who waste the ransom money on huge houses (You won't believe how OTT some of them are) but stash enough to bribe off the "Governments" and officials. And enough to quieten up the local population by funding food/hospitals.

    The coast guards are those who are more humble with their ransom money. They use it to compensate those fishermen who have lost out, they build the schools and hospitals and roads in North Somalia.

    Yes. I do recognize the difference and I do support one of them. One acted out of desperation and a last resort because it was the only way to protect themselves in the fact of the rest of the world turning their back on it. The other started it because of the money involved and the rewards outweighed the risks
    A Somalian supporting piracy. How unusual.

    The rest of the world turned its back on Somalia?

    Recall what happened when the Americans tried to bring aid to that sphincter??

  10. #150
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,188

    Re: BREAKING NEWS: 4 Americans Abducted by Somali Pirates Have Been Killed

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, it looks like we got some more pirates to kill.

    There were 15 prisoners taken, when the Navy boarded the yacht. They should all be executed, immediately.
    They should throw them in jail, however as I understand it there is no place where the Somali pirates can be trialed so they are usually released after a while.
    A UN report has suggested in the past to establish such place, but it doesn't seem like the report was taken into consideration.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •