Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 203

Thread: Hero's unwelcome

  1. #71
    Sage
    Khayembii Communique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,887

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Where did I say I opposed the war?
    I was referring to the person you were quoting, and adding to your point.
    "I do not claim that every incident in the history of empire can be explained in directly economic terms. Economic interests are filtered through a political process, policies are implemented by a complex state apparatus, and the whole system generates its own momentum."

  2. #72
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    These young people are the result of Liberalism that has taken control of the School systems from K through College.

    The saying that, "Those who can do and those who can't Teach," is true.

    Conservatives go out and work hard to make a buck and get ahead. Liberals become teachers because it's easy and once on the job they don't have to produce results ever.

    Students are being brain washed aand what is worse is as can be seen here daily once indoctrinated they truly believe the nonsense they spew.

    If you Google Liberalism is a mental disorder you find that Mike Savage is not alone in the belief.
    Stupid post....I know a lot of teachers, none are liberal....and no students are being brainwashed with liberal crap in public schools. Some private church sponsored schools are brainwashing their kids with conservative crap, maybe.

    My brother votes republican, he is a leech on society, has been on the govt teat for decades. Makes no sense. He sees the blacks on welfare as the problem, not the whites who outnumber the blacks.

    I suspect you can't do, or teach, so all you have is bitching about those who teach. What's the problem? Did you fail to get an education?
    The public schools I and my siblings attended served me well, because I cooperated, did my homework, learned enough to do well on military entrance exams, and got some good training. 2 of my siblings did the same, 2 more did not. What is the difference? Can't be the schools, same schools, same teachers, but different attitude toward learning....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #73
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    I was referring to the person you were quoting, and adding to your point.
    My apologies.

  4. #74
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    They weren't drafted, they chose to enlist. They decided they wanted to put themselves in harms way and that they wanted to make themselves obedient. As such, they were rash and stupid, which I suppose you want to call "brave" because you feel you owe them some sort of debt. Really, they chose to be our tool to enforce our economic and political agendas on the world in order to maintain our supremacy.
    I call them "brave" because they put themselves in harms' way because they believe in this country. They are neither rash nor stupid. I do not support either the war in Iraq or Afghanistan. I do support those soldiers who have given everything for a country they loved, whether I believe in the political decision that placed them there or not.

  5. #75
    Advisor Arcadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere far away.
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    390

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    THIS is treasonous:



    And it's immoral.
    I don't see how this is in anyway treasonous to our country. I don't really think they care about morality. This is actually very intelligent, if one wants to maintain national dominance. Our country isn't morally above everyone else, we just claim to be.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.~ Ernest Hemingway

  6. #76
    Advisor Arcadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere far away.
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    390

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I call them "brave" because they put themselves in harms' way because they believe in this country. They are neither rash nor stupid. I do not support either the war in Iraq or Afghanistan. I do support those soldiers who have given everything for a country they loved, whether I believe in the political decision that placed them there or not.
    We should respect them for their blind Nationalism? I think they chose to do it because they believe in their nation so much, I just don't think that's a good thing. One needs to alway question one's government. Believing it's ideals and pursuits to always be righteous, just makes you really easy to control.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.~ Ernest Hemingway

  7. #77
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadius View Post
    I don't see how this is in anyway treasonous to our country. I don't really think they care about morality. This is actually very intelligent, if one wants to maintain national dominance. Our country isn't morally above everyone else, we just claim to be.
    Then perhaps you should go back to the original post to which I was responding instead of weenie wagging without legitimate objection, and ignoring the quotes to which the post was referring.'

  8. #78
    Advisor Arcadius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Somewhere far away.
    Last Seen
    10-27-11 @ 07:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    390

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Ladies and Gentlemen I give you the Albert Twins.
    I think me and him have completely different viewpoint on the matter.
    Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.~ Ernest Hemingway

  9. #79
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I call them "brave" because they put themselves in harms' way because they believe in this country. They are neither rash nor stupid. I do not support either the war in Iraq or Afghanistan. I do support those soldiers who have given everything for a country they loved, whether I believe in the political decision that placed them there or not.
    Their decision placed them in Afghanistan and Iraq. They chose to enlist. They chose to obediently follow the orders. They never lost their free will. They made themselves susceptable to the consequences of whatever political decisoins would arise.

    I'm also very happy that they believe in their country. I believe in my country as well. I believe that we need stupid and rash people to join the military so that they can go and enforce our politcial and economic agendas on the world and maintain our supremacy. I want to continue to be able to eat meat when a billion other people in the world are starving. I want to be able to take 30 minute hot showers when hundreds of millions of people can't get clean drinking water. I want to be able to buy useless, cheap plastic crap made by laborers in China who are paid 17 cents a day when petroleum is becoming more expensive across the rest of the world. I would never be able to live in such relative luxury if not for those military people fighting for what they believe is "freedom" and "democracy" in the world.

  10. #80
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    We can maintain our supremacy without so much loss of life....by using cruise missles and smart bombs. Destroy their ability to defend themselves by taking out their planes and tanks, then offer to protect them from their neighbors if, and only if, they depose their dictators and form a representative government. Ground troops are not needed.....
    IMO, the first targets after 9/11 should have been the palaces of the Saudi Royal family....they are the main contributors to radical muslim terrorism...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •