Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 203

Thread: Hero's unwelcome

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    [QUOTE=SE102;1059303718]

    You say
    A) The concept that we are fighting a war on terror against men who plot to kill us out of sheer evil is a falsehood.
    then go on to say
    Terror is an asymmetric strategy used to demand concessions from the nation in power. Specifically it has to do with American support for Israel and it's incursions into the middle east. Yes, many people want America dead and gone. It's not because America is too sparkly and beautiful for them to bear.
    So you concede then that there are men who are plotting to kill you. This is what the wounded soldier was saying.

    The above statement is value laden to such an extent it can't maintain buoyancy, its essentially "Dey hatez us cuz we are good and they are bad."
    This is a statement only a Leftinger could make. I suppose you feel you're being satirical here, perhaps even comical, but in fact there are some bad guys out there and they are killing innocent people. And no matter how isolated from reality the Leftists might be, the majority of them should understand that.
    Sorry, the good absolute good guy vs bad guy mentality takes the cake.
    I understand that in the Leftist world there is no evil, only the misunderstood, but of course that flies in the face of all empirical evidence and recorded human history. Evil does exist.

    B) Most 'enlightened' dialogue that occurs on campus is free from the conservative liberal paradigm and addresses the philosophical stances at their heart and laid bare. 'Conservative' ideas don't survive because they don't tend to hold intellectual water.
    Yes, and these "philosophical stances" take the form of shouting down those who might offer alternative points of view, violent confrontation or pies in the face. We know.
    See: 'Islamofascism'. If people came to campuses trying to pull fast ones like Islamofascism awareness they're going to get heckled and sent home fast.
    Exactly. Stupid and proud of it.
    "Sorry, bro, been to college! LoL!" In a darwinistic sense conservative 'beliefs' are the dodo in the intellectual environment. They've been ravaged by leaner, meaner, beasts. Why coddle them?
    Leaner, meaner beasts? There is no philosophy more murky, and which depends almost entirely on lies and shoutdowns than the Leftist agenda. It often takes years to shake the crap too many kids learn in the educations system today and those who remain in academia are unlikely to ever recover, They will die ignorant.

  2. #162
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
    Go look through the spectator archives, you'll find plenty.
    I had nothing but distaste for clubs like the socialists who interrupted speakers who (though I often disagreed with) were interesting to listen to. The minutemen thing was organized by someone who wanted to provoke them as you would be well aware if you're knowledgeable of the event.

    As for your challenge, fire away.
    LOL!!

    The Minutemen were there to "provoke them"?

    How so? By offering facts? Alternative points of view?

    Let's try to keep in mind that these are "students" and are supposed to be learning. In order to have a well rounded education they should be "provoked" into thinking through the issues, or is their education thought to be complete when they finish high school?

  3. #163
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    I understand that in the Leftist world there is no evil, only the misunderstood, but of course that flies in the face of all empirical evidence and recorded human history. Evil does exist.
    I have to take issue with this statement, and while I understand your point (from a Leftists point of view, another Leftist is not evil.. or a left wing policy, ideology or project may not be evil) Leftists do believe in evil.

    Examples:

    Republicans are evil. Conservatives are evil. Capitalism is evil. Corporations are evil. The military (sometimes) is evil. G.W. Bush and NeoCons are evil.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I have to take issue with this statement, and while I understand your point (from a Leftists point of view, another Leftist is not evil.. or a left wing policy, ideology or project may not be evil) Leftists do believe in evil.

    Examples:

    Republicans are evil. Conservatives are evil. Capitalism is evil. Corporations are evil. The military (sometimes) is evil. G.W. Bush and NeoCons are evil.
    Good points. And those wounded in the service of their country are evil as well.

  5. #165
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    NeoCons are evil.
    Well not for nothing but neocon warmongering and liberal spending got us into our current mess.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  6. #166
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Well not for nothing but neocon warmongering and liberal spending got us into our current mess.
    And are those individuals "evil" in youropinion?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #167
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    And are those individuals "evil" in youropinion?
    I loath murder, pointless death and theft so what do you think.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  8. #168
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Well not for nothing but neocon warmongering and liberal spending got us into our current mess.
    Libertarians are evil, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Well not for nothing but neocon warmongering and liberal spending got us into our current mess.
    As I recall it was the Islamic terrorists who were doing the "warmongering".

  10. #170
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Hero's unwelcome

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    As I recall it was the Islamic terrorists who were doing the "warmongering".
    Yeah, but we made them do it. Remember?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •