Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 477

Thread: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

  1. #461
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Haven't I? We see the stats that people have accidents with guns. They do accidently shoot them selves and others. Logically, any time you increase the number of risky rehaviors and tools, you increase the risk. More cars on the road increases the risk of accident. And more guns on campus increases the risk of an accidental shooting. This is not all that debatable.




    Here is your problem Boo, you don't trust yourself and you are projecting that on others. As shown to you accidents with guns are very rare in comparison, you retort about the kids you are in charge of are simple minded drug addicted thugs and thats why guns should not be allowed on campus. You are unwilling to also take the responsibility for thier safety, but you lack your own confidence in your ability to control yourself that you think others are as unstable as you. You want to keep guns out of the wrong hands, and you think you have these wrong hands, therefore so do we.

    So please boo, stop projecting your lack of ability of self control while armed on everyone else.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #462
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Here is your problem Boo, you don't trust yourself and you are projecting that on others. As shown to you accidents with guns are very rare in comparison, you retort about the kids you are in charge of are simple minded drug addicted thugs and thats why guns should not be allowed on campus. You are unwilling to also take the responsibility for thier safety, but you lack your own confidence in your ability to control yourself that you think others are as unstable as you. You want to keep guns out of the wrong hands, and you think you have these wrong hands, therefore so do we.

    So please boo, stop projecting your lack of ability of self control while armed on everyone else.
    No, the comparison doesn't matter. I don't claim they are more or less, so the comparison has no meaning to any point I'm making. None.

    Nor do I make that claim about students either. I merely point out their brains are not fully developed until their late 20's and that they are more likley to be less responsible and we have plenty of statisitics to back that up. Don't believe me, talk to your auto insurance provider.

    And not allowing guns is taking responsibility. It would be not taking responsibility to allow guns. You simply convince yourself that some stupid illogical question equals sound reasoning. It doesn't. I can't begin to provide a safe environment if people are allowed to bring weapons.

    So, your silliness aside, got anything of value to offer?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #463
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Very rarely, a woman will die of complications of childbirth. Therefore, pregnancy must be banned.
    There is good reason to risk pregnancy. No good reason to risk having a gun in the classroom. Sorry, you're still missing the point.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #464
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, the comparison doesn't matter. I don't claim they are more or less, so the comparison has no meaning to any point I'm making. None.

    Nor do I make that claim about students either. I merely point out their brains are not fully developed until their late 20's and that they are more likley to be less responsible and we have plenty of statisitics to back that up. Don't believe me, talk to your auto insurance provider.

    And not allowing guns is taking responsibility. It would be not taking responsibility to allow guns. You simply convince yourself that some stupid illogical question equals sound reasoning. It doesn't. I can't begin to provide a safe environment if people are allowed to bring weapons.

    So, your silliness aside, got anything of value to offer?



    But we trust our kids with cars, killing in combat, sports, and other dangerous activities. the fact that you think you couldn't handle the responsibility, does not mean that others could not as well.


    now you claim that these shootings are rare, but, tell me about campus assault rates including rape and sexual battery... Tell me, do you feel vindicated when a woman is attacked because on her way back to her car from a class because you kept a gun out of her hand?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #465
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    But we trust our kids with cars, killing in combat, sports, and other dangerous activities. the fact that you think you couldn't handle the responsibility, does not mean that others could not as well.


    now you claim that these shootings are rare, but, tell me about campus assault rates including rape and sexual battery... Tell me, do you feel vindicated when a woman is attacked because on her way back to her car from a class because you kept a gun out of her hand?
    Again, there is a need for a car. Though I might not allow sixteen years to drive as some states do. As the military, young and stupid is good for a grunt. As a mature person to charge a hill, and he might ask why? Sports are often under surpervision.

    And I don't think anything. I know the irresponsible things I did while young. And if you're honest, you can think of some pretty stupid things you did.

    As for the assults, we need more definition as I told James. A good number of those can be quite minor, and I suspect not the type of thing you need a gun for. We alos need to know how many of the more serious and exactly where they occur. Bet they are not occuring in the classroom, or at thelibrary, or at any school function. More likely at parties where students put themselves more at risk than in the classroom.

    And frankly, you assume the gun would save her. Unless she walks with it drawn, odds are it would be of little to no help. She'd be better off doing what most schools do, if it is late and a risk time, securiy is around, if not walkign with them.

    Again, more information is needed. But all these statisitcs, as noted in the information your side has provided, are far less than off campus.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #466
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, there is a need for a car. Though I might not allow sixteen years to drive as some states do. As the military, young and stupid is good for a grunt. As a mature person to charge a hill, and he might ask why? Sports are often under surpervision.

    So soldiers are young and stupid, and older folks would refuse orders.... Nice...



    as for sports, there are far more fights in league hockey than open hockey.



    And I don't think anything. I know the irresponsible things I did while young. And if you're honest, you can think of some pretty stupid things you did.

    I did, however I never shot anyone, nor did I stab anyone, nor did I run anyone down with my car. I trusted myself to not do these things. Sorry you didn't. but don't project your failures and lack of self control on everyone else.


    As for the assults, we need more definition as I told James. A good number of those can be quite minor, and I suspect not the type of thing you need a gun for. We alos need to know how many of the more serious and exactly where they occur. Bet they are not occuring in the classroom, or at thelibrary, or at any school function. More likely at parties where students put themselves more at risk than in the classroom.

    Oh so it's ok if it's a little beating. And you are a school administrator?


    Professor at my college raped and killed in her classroom - THR
    Alice Sebold - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Fighting Bodies, Fighting Words Feminist Ideas and Praxis
    Charges against dark demon serial murderer dismissed on technicality - NNN Reporters Newsroom Forum


    I can go on, but I know it's pointless to argue with the hoplophobic who doesn't believe he posesses the self control needed to carry and projects that on others.







    And frankly, you assume the gun would save her. Unless she walks with it drawn, odds are it would be of little to no help. She'd be better off doing what most schools do, if it is late and a risk time, securiy is around, if not walkign with them.

    Where did I assume that? Frankly it simply ups her chances, that and training, that and the fact that the savages you inadvertantly are protecting would think twice if he thought folks may be armed....


    Again, more information is needed. But all these statisitcs, as noted in the information your side has provided, are far less than off campus.

    this sentence makes little sense.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #467
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No good reason to risk having a gun in the classroom.
    Except that there is, as the mountain of evidence provided supports.

  8. #468
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So soldiers are young and stupid, and older folks would refuse orders.... Nice...



    as for sports, there are far more fights in league hockey than open hockey.
    Not exactly what I said. You're being silly again. And in hockey they have coaches and referees to omnitor anc control.





    I did, however I never shot anyone, nor did I stab anyone, nor did I run anyone down with my car. I trusted myself to not do these things. Sorry you didn't. but don't project your failures and lack of self control on everyone else.
    No I didn't shoot anyone either, but I know young folk who did, on accident, being irresponsible.




    Feel free to go on, but only the first one comes close to saying anything concerning the issue as best I can tell. Being a college student doesn't mean the act happen at college.

    Nor do you seem to understand what is being said, again. I doubt seriously even in your one example the person alone would have saved herself with a gun.

    Where did I assume that? Frankly it simply ups her chances, that and training, that and the fact that the savages you inadvertantly are protecting would think twice if he thought folks may be armed....
    Ups her chances of getting hurt as well.



    this sentence makes little sense.
    There's less risk on campus by a wide margin. James gave us those statisitics, and he's on your side of this issue.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #469
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Not exactly what I said. You're being silly again. And in hockey they have coaches and referees to omnitor anc control.
    Not in open hockey, and there are less fights there.

    No I didn't shoot anyone either, but I know young folk who did, on accident, being irresponsible.
    Statistics I have shown previouslt indicate you are probably lying.

    Feel free to go on, but only the first one comes close to saying anything concerning the issue as best I can tell. Being a college student doesn't mean the act happen at college.

    A woman could be raped on your desk and you would deny it. Perhaps you should find a better suited job.... Do you deny there is violence on campus? really?



    Nor do you seem to understand what is being said, again. I doubt seriously even in your one example the person alone would have saved herself with a gun.

    This is the boo radley shuffle, claim I don't understand then post utter nonsense. What experience do you have to come to your "doubts"? Guns are used 2.5 million times a year in self defense, what makes you so sure this woman wouldn't have been another one? Your blind bias?



    Ups her chances of getting hurt as well.
    That's her business. Something called "Acceptable risk" you a hoplophobic anti-gunner has no business telling this woman she cant choose to carry a gun for self defense because she might accidentally (rare possibility) hurt herself. Until you say the same about driving and crossing the street, your being hypocritical as usual.


    There's less risk on campus by a wide margin. James gave us those statisitics, and he's on your side of this issue.

    If you have statistics, then post them, don't hide behind the guise of "someone else already posted". I don't see it, stop the boo radley shuffle and post up....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #470
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Do you deny there is violence on campus? really?

    Overall, there is not a lot of violence. And there is not enough of the type that would require a gun that would justify the risk of a gun. There is a higher risk that with people bringing guns on campus that someone would get hurt than someone getting hurt without there being guns on campus. We know this because we know the accident statisitics with firearms, and the extremely low number of people being hurt on campus by actions that would require a gun.



    This is the boo radley shuffle, claim I don't understand then post utter nonsense. What experience do you have to come to your "doubts"? Guns are used 2.5 million times a year in self defense, what makes you so sure this woman wouldn't have been another one? Your blind bias?
    I'm sorry, but your statisitic is skewed. Someone saying they used it in self defense is not equal to proving it was used in self defense. There is almost no objective statisitics on a gun being used in self defense. The number you cite comes for a poll, which relies on the honesty of the person being polled, and their personal intepreptation of what is self defense.

    Now, as to you not understanding, as you throw out off the wall stuff that has nothing to do with the point being made or sometimes even the issue of discussion, I'm left to conclude you don't understand. if you really do understand, let me know by actually addressing the point. That would help both of us I would think.

    That's her business. Something called "Acceptable risk" you a hoplophobic anti-gunner has no business telling this woman she cant choose to carry a gun for self defense because she might accidentally (rare possibility) hurt herself. Until you say the same about driving and crossing the street, your being hypocritical as usual.
    Not when it elevates the risk for everyone else. Gun rights are not absolute, and restrictions of when and where you can carry them has been a part of law for a long time.


    If you have statistics, then post them, don't hide behind the guise of "someone else already posted". I don't see it, stop the boo radley shuffle and post up....
    James posted them already. All you have to do is read them.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3745464748 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •