Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 477

Thread: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

  1. #411
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    REV, stop missing the point.....damnit!!!
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #412
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, professionals in the field have, as they ahve stated that armed students would likely make things worse and not save anyone.
    Probably won't save anybody. But definitely doesn't make anything worse. And that's from measurement, not supposition like all you're assertions have been.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #413
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's a simple logic problem. If you have only two cars on the road, there will be less accidents than if there are thousands, millions. If there are no guns on campus, there will be less accidents than if there are several, 100's, thousands. No one needs any reseach to know that. It's simple logic.


    please remove all cars then from all campuses... as they are far more dangerous.


    And the boo radley shuffle in 3-2-1........
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #414
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's a simple logic problem. If you have only two cars on the road, there will be less accidents than if there are thousands, millions. If there are no guns on campus, there will be less accidents than if there are several, 100's, thousands. No one needs any reseach to know that. It's simple logic.
    Ok, but I'd like a number. If there are several 100's thousands (there won't be, that's one of your broken assumptions), how much more is the risk? What's my chance? If it's not significant, I'd much rather allow the exercise of the right. So what are we talking about here?
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #415
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    please remove all cars then from all campuses... as they are far more dangerous.


    And the boo radley shuffle in 3-2-1........
    Removing cars from University would do ton's more to improve overall safety than banning guns! Most everyone drives a car, not everyone carries a gun (this is one of the places where Boo is failing in his assumptions). Hell one of my good friends, his mom is in a coma in the hospital because some jackass student at Penn State was late for a study meeting and flying through campus. She was crossing the street, he was flying around cars stopped at a stop sign, BAM! Now she's been in a coma for a few months, he ****ing fled back to India; that rich son of a bitch. And THAT is the highest risk to me, right there. Not a gun, not some small percentage of people on campus carrying a gun. Cars and stupid drivers, that's my main concern; that's my main probability of injury/death.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #416
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's a simple logic problem. If you have only two cars on the road, there will be less accidents than if there are thousands, millions. If there are no guns on campus, there will be less accidents than if there are several, 100's, thousands. No one needs any reseach to know that. It's simple logic.
    There are around 270 million guns in the US. Can you even make a percentage of how many of those guns have caused suicides,murders,serious injury or accidents? What would that be if you did a percentage?A percentage sign,period, a few dozen to a hundred zeros and a number?

    Its like saying we should ban or severely restrict pencils because a few people were stabbed by pencils last year or we should ban or severely restrict glass bottles because a handful of people decided to throw Molotov cocktails. I think someone may have killed someone with a plastic yard flamingo lets ban or severely restrict those.


    U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people | Reuters
    U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 03-07-11 at 02:07 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #417
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus


  8. #418
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Probably won't save anybody. But definitely doesn't make anything worse. And that's from measurement, not supposition like all you're assertions have been.
    There is no measurement. Remember, ona alrge scale, guns have not been on campus. So we have no measurments to look at. Instead we have to do something radical, . . . think.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #419
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Removing cars from University would do ton's more to improve overall safety than banning guns! Most everyone drives a car, not everyone carries a gun (this is one of the places where Boo is failing in his assumptions). Hell one of my good friends, his mom is in a coma in the hospital because some jackass student at Penn State was late for a study meeting and flying through campus. She was crossing the street, he was flying around cars stopped at a stop sign, BAM! Now she's been in a coma for a few months, he ****ing fled back to India; that rich son of a bitch. And THAT is the highest risk to me, right there. Not a gun, not some small percentage of people on campus carrying a gun. Cars and stupid drivers, that's my main concern; that's my main probability of injury/death.
    They might. But cars have an actual purpose, and might well be argued a necessary risk as opposed to a needless risk.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #420
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    There are around 270 million guns in the US. Can you even make a percentage of how many of those guns have caused suicides,murders,serious injury or accidents? What would that be if you did a percentage?A percentage sign,period, a few dozen to a hundred zeros and a number?

    Its like saying we should ban or severely restrict pencils because a few people were stabbed by pencils last year or we should ban or severely restrict glass bottles because a handful of people decided to throw Molotov cocktails. I think someone may have killed someone with a plastic yard flamingo lets ban or severely restrict those.


    U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people | Reuters
    U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies.
    I've given those numbers already. Hint, it wasn't zero.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 42 of 48 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •