Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 410 of 477

Thread: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

  1. #401
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Looks like you can't explain what you wrote.
    I think I have several times, your joke aside. A weapon is nothing more than a tool. Many people use all kinds of tools improperly, and a gun is no different.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #402
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Any unbiased person reading.

    Really? like you?




    You have seen the numbers right? A fair number of people do accidently shoot themselves, and commit suicde, together showing a good number hurting themselves with guns. So, you're not really thinking your comment through at all.

    I am not rehashing your hoplophobia again. It has been shown that more people hurt themselves with other items. It's an inconvienent truth for you, so you ignore it.


    Next time a school gets shot up, you be proud you stand against folks being able to defend themselves while offering nothing to protect them. You serve your school well.


    boring.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #403
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    there are over 40 million guns right now in the US. you would need to show that you would be increasing the odds, when it is clear, legally armed populaces show no such rise as you claim.
    Dude, you're barking up the wrong tree. I've wanted that since like page 3 or something. Never got it. I keep being told it's a risk, but that risk is never quantified. Never once has it been told to me just how much above baseline my risks of injury and death are with students on my campus capable for carrying guns. It's insignificant, and that's what he's rallying against. Keeps saying "risk", but the truth is that the actual numbers are insignificant; the probabilities are all very low. So there is no real increase in risk to me. If there's not a real increase in risk, I don't see how one can logically argue for government force to be used against the free exercise of rights. It's baffling. But that's what it is in the end; baffling.

    The government is restricted, not the People. The People have the right to keep and bear arms, if the government wants to encroach upon this; it must deliver proof (and even then it may not even matter). That's the end all be all of this topic. Restriction of rights cannot be based on personal feelings or opinions. They must be based on measureable fact.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #404
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I am not rehashing your hoplophobia again. It has been shown that more people hurt themselves with other items. It's an inconvienent truth for you, so you ignore it.


    Next time a school gets shot up, you be proud you stand against folks being able to defend themselves while offering nothing to protect them. You serve your school well.


    boring.
    Again, you miss the point. More or less by anything else means nothing to what I'm saying. You dispute me in no way by saying anything else is more or a risk.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #405
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    You have seen the numbers right? A fair number of people do accidently shoot themselves, and commit suicde, together showing a good number hurting themselves with guns. So, you're not really thinking your comment through at all.
    I don't believe you should add suicides into your stats. That's purposeful. Accidental, sure (the number still isn't up there with gravity); suicide no. That's a person's choice.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #406
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Dude, you're barking up the wrong tree. I've wanted that since like page 3 or something. Never got it. I keep being told it's a risk, but that risk is never quantified. Never once has it been told to me just how much above baseline my risks of injury and death are with students on my campus capable for carrying guns. It's insignificant, and that's what he's rallying against. Keeps saying "risk", but the truth is that the actual numbers are insignificant; the probabilities are all very low. So there is no real increase in risk to me. If there's not a real increase in risk, I don't see how one can logically argue for government force to be used against the free exercise of rights. It's baffling. But that's what it is in the end; baffling.

    The government is restricted, not the People. The People have the right to keep and bear arms, if the government wants to encroach upon this; it must deliver proof (and even then it may not even matter). That's the end all be all of this topic. Restriction of rights cannot be based on personal feelings or opinions. They must be based on measureable fact.



    we've shown his so many charts and statistics it's clear, he has no desire to debate, but instead is stuck in his ignorance, and prefers it that way.... Nothing anyone can do can convince Boo that his ramblings are anything but the Gospel itself. I hate getting sucked into his boring schtik.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #407
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Dude, you're barking up the wrong tree. I've wanted that since like page 3 or something. Never got it. I keep being told it's a risk, but that risk is never quantified. Never once has it been told to me just how much above baseline my risks of injury and death are with students on my campus capable for carrying guns. It's insignificant, and that's what he's rallying against. Keeps saying "risk", but the truth is that the actual numbers are insignificant; the probabilities are all very low. So there is no real increase in risk to me. If there's not a real increase in risk, I don't see how one can logically argue for government force to be used against the free exercise of rights. It's baffling. But that's what it is in the end; baffling.

    The government is restricted, not the People. The People have the right to keep and bear arms, if the government wants to encroach upon this; it must deliver proof (and even then it may not even matter). That's the end all be all of this topic. Restriction of rights cannot be based on personal feelings or opinions. They must be based on measureable fact.
    It's a simple logic problem. If you have only two cars on the road, there will be less accidents than if there are thousands, millions. If there are no guns on campus, there will be less accidents than if there are several, 100's, thousands. No one needs any reseach to know that. It's simple logic.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #408
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Again, you miss the point. More or less by anything else means nothing to what I'm saying. You dispute me in no way by saying anything else is more or a risk.





    The boo radley shuffle.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #409
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    we've shown his so many charts and statistics it's clear, he has no desire to debate, but instead is stuck in his ignorance, and prefers it that way.... Nothing anyone can do can convince Boo that his ramblings are anything but the Gospel itself. I hate getting sucked into his boring schtik.
    Showing things that don't address what I'm saying has no meaning.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #410
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post



    The boo radley shuffle.....


    Like I said, when you can't address the point, you go silly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 41 of 48 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •