Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 477

Thread: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

  1. #391
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,322

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    So from your highly biased sources, college kids are suicidal drug addicts bent on killing people, and therefore should not be armed if they so chose to be...


    again, when the shooting starts, whom should be responsible for students safety? Clearly you don't want the student, so you, should be held both legally and financially responsible for your choices in keeping students defensless based on the view you hold that students are suicidal drug addicted maniacs..

    and you are a school administrator?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #392
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    So from your highly biased sources, college kids are suicidal drug addicts bent on killing people, and therefore should not be armed if they so chose to be...


    again, when the shooting starts, whom should be responsible for students safety? Clearly you don't want the student, so you, should be held both legally and financially responsible for your choices in keeping students defensless based on the view you hold that students are suicidal drug addicted maniacs..

    and you are a school administrator?
    First, none of them said that. Extreme hyperbole doesn't really help you.

    And remember, the school is held just as legally responsible when armed students accidently shoot each other, or get in a gun fight. INcreasing the odds, which are extremely rare right now, doesn't help schools with their liability. They ahve more to fear concerning liability if more people are armed.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #393
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,322

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    First, none of them said that. Extreme hyperbole doesn't really help you.

    Oh it only helps you. This is where I start to get bored with your boo radley shuffle.


    And remember, the school is held just as legally responsible when armed students accidently shoot each other, or get in a gun fight. INcreasing the odds, which are extremely rare right now, doesn't help schools with their liability. They ahve more to fear concerning liability if more people are armed.

    there are over 40 million guns right now in the US. you would need to show that you would be increasing the odds, when it is clear, legally armed populaces show no such rise as you claim.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #394
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Oh it only helps you. This is where I start to get bored with your boo radley shuffle.





    there are over 40 million guns right now in the US. you would need to show that you would be increasing the odds, when it is clear, legally armed populaces show no such rise as you claim.
    Actually there are more than 40 million guns in the US. Some websites do estimate that 1 in 4 Americans own a firearm.
    U.S. most armed country with 90 guns per 100 people | Reuters
    U.S. citizens own 270 million of the world's 875 million known firearms, according to the Small Arms Survey 2007 by the Geneva-based Graduate Institute of International Studies.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 03-07-11 at 01:38 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  5. #395
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Oh it only helps you. This is where I start to get bored with your boo radley shuffle.
    We know the truth, you just don't have a valid argument.

    there are over 40 million guns right now in the US. you would need to show that you would be increasing the odds, when it is clear, legally armed populaces show no such rise as you claim.
    For the most part, those guns are not on campus. It is really basic logic that more of nearly anything risky increases the risk. It's a simple logic problem.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #396
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,322

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    We know the truth, you just don't have a valid argument.

    Who's we?




    For the most part, those guns are not on campus. It is really basic logic that more of nearly anything risky increases the risk. It's a simple logic problem.


    again, with 40 million guns in the US, and CCW legal states having less gunb crime, your logic once again, is illogic based on silly hoplophobia..... oh and your distaste and distrust of your own students.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #397
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I think I've given you several reasons. Students tend to be immature. Few know their tool well. There is no purpose for it in school. It's asking for trouble. Accidents happen at home with them and could happen at school. It provides serious liability issues for schools. And in general, it's just a stupid idea. Kind of like car sufering or NCLB.
    What the hell are you talking about?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #398
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Who's we?
    Any unbiased person reading.





    again, with 40 million guns in the US, and CCW legal states having less gunb crime, your logic once again, is illogic based on silly hoplophobia..... oh and your distaste and distrust of your own students.
    You have seen the numbers right? A fair number of people do accidently shoot themselves, and commit suicde, together showing a good number hurting themselves with guns. So, you're not really thinking your comment through at all.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #399
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?
    Well, reading skills are important on this tyupe of forum.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #400
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,255

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Well, reading skills are important on this tyupe of forum.
    Looks like you can't explain what you wrote.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •