Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 477

Thread: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

  1. #111
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,580

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    I'm quoting this again, because the OP ignored it.
    freedom-it's an american thing

    you wouldn't understand it



  2. #112
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    The fact is that many campuses have lots of alcohol on them, whether it's allowed or not. And as long as that remains the case, it's better to not have guns nearby.



    Those seem like pretty reasonable laws to me. I'd add many college campuses to that list though for the same reason...they're full of drunk people. It's not a matter of trying to stamp out gun ownership everywhere, it's just a matter of preventing an easily-foreseeable situation from becoming deadly.



    Depends where you go to school. I've attended four universities and none of them banned drinking. And even if they would have, I suspect that the ban wouldn't have had much of an effect on actual student behavior.
    I think you're talking through your hat. Next you'll be tell us about your many degrees. None of them banned drinking? Show some sources.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    anyone know what this is in reference to?
    I have no idea.

  4. #114
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I'm quoting this again, because the Le Marteau ignored it.
    Just from the most rudimentary of google searches:

    Teachable Moment -
    Gun violence in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Gun violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Gun Facts

    Look, as I said, explain to me one single thing, alright?

    Explain the relationship between the US having 11,000 violent gun crimes a year, and extremely lax gun laws, where the UK has 70 violent gun crimes a year, and extremely tight gun laws.

  5. #115
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,580

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I have no idea.
    neither do I. maybe someone else can figure it out



  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    freedom-it's an american thing

    you wouldn't understand it
    Ah! Well, I guess the jig is up -- I'll just leave now, you having shown me the error of my ways. I shoulda seen it coming -- freedom! That's the thing I don't get! Yeah! Well, ****e, I wish someday I'll be able to understand this glorious thing you call freedom. Thank you for enlightening me Mr American man!

  7. #117
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,580

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    Just from the most rudimentary of google searches:

    Teachable Moment -
    Gun violence in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Gun violence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Gun Facts

    Look, as I said, explain to me one single thing, alright?

    Explain the relationship between the US having 11,000 violent gun crimes a year, and extremely lax gun laws, where the UK has 70 violent gun crimes a year, and extremely tight gun laws.
    explain why the UK had very low gun crimes before the UK started banning guns

    explain why the UK's rate of violent crime has increased since there have been gun bans and why the US rate has decreased despite the increase of gun ownership and carry permits

    explain why cities in the US with complete handgun bans have so much more violent gun crime than nearby areas with less gun laws



  8. #118
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,580

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by Le Marteau View Post
    Ah! Well, I guess the jig is up -- I'll just leave now, you having shown me the error of my ways. I shoulda seen it coming -- freedom! That's the thing I don't get! Yeah! Well, ****e, I wish someday I'll be able to understand this glorious thing you call freedom. Thank you for enlightening me Mr American man!
    why do you spend so much time whining about American freedom? you sound like Aesop's fox



  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    explain why the UK had very low gun crimes before the UK started banning guns

    explain why the UK's rate of violent crime has increased since there have been gun bans and why the US rate has decreased despite the increase of gun ownership and carry permits

    explain why cities in the US with complete handgun bans have so much more violent gun crime than nearby areas with less gun laws
    The first, I can only attribute to the British being a more intelligent and humane people than the ignorant, redneck Americans. XD

    The second -- I'd like to see some facts for that. I just showed you a bunch of evidence supporting my point, now support yours. You never do, I don't know why I continue to ask...

    The third -- cities will always have higher crime rates than suburban and rural areas, no matter the laws. Grow up.

  10. #120
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    London, England and Dijon, France
    Last Seen
    03-06-11 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    598

    Re: Texas poised to pass bill allowing guns on campus

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why do you spend so much time whining about American freedom? you sound like Aesop's fox
    Er, I think this is the first post I've ever even farcically joked that you gun-toting hicks have greater freedom than us.

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •