Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 288

Thread: House blocks funding for health care law

  1. #241
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: House blocks funding for health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazed View Post

    At least we can agree that the Constitution grants no "Right" to strike
    .

    WE do? Since when have you referenced a court ruling the right to strike is disallowed by the Constitution?



    Now....as a Tax Payer....you know...the one paying thier salaries....how is it feasible to in effect pay them twice what I earn?

    What do you do? What is your education level?

    How is it feasible to pay a hedge fund manager 800,000 times what a school teacher makes?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #242
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: House blocks funding for health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What's this about "Tax loopholes"???

    There are legal and illegal tax deductions. If someone is doing anything illegal they should be charged but claiming "loopholes" is the just the government's way of saying the tax code is too complicated and people more intelligent than its designers are taking advantage of that fact..
    What a load of horse****. Why don't you read the article?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #243
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: House blocks funding for health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Are you now debating the word "loophole"? Don't make this a topic that we actually need to go to the dictionary because of nit picking.
    It's not "nit picking". Is the practice legal or isn't it?

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: House blocks funding for health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What a load of horse****. Why don't you read the article?
    In fact I did and read it and nowhere did it say that any laws are being broken.

    The government can change the tax code if they don't like certain aspects.

  5. #245
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: House blocks funding for health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Census: Income gap between rich and poor got wider in 2009

    "WASHINGTON (AP) The income gap between the richest and poorest Americans grew last year to its widest amount on record as young adults and children in particular struggled to stay afloat in the recession.

    The top-earning 20% of Americans those making more than $100,000 each year received 49.4% of all income generated in the U.S., compared with the 3.4% earned by those below the poverty line, according to newly released Census figures. That ratio of 14.5-to-1 was an increase from 13.6 in 2008 and nearly double a low of 7.69 in 1968."

    Census: Income gap between rich and poor got wider in 2009 - USATODAY.com
    Okay those numbers are a bit more in line with what I figured, altho I would still question why children are being included in those numbers, seeing they said young adults and children, I'm going to assume the children are under 18, and should still be in school . In using children in their equation it can only help that number. Also, I don't think it should be any surprise to anyone that more people on the lower end of the scale lost their jobs in 2009 then did those in the upper. That alone would spread that gap quite a bit.

    Another interesting fact on this page is this
    At the top, the wealthiest 5% of Americans, who earn more than $180,000, added slightly to their annual incomes last year, Census data show

    So your whole article is saying what I've said, the rich aren't getting richer, as I showed in the increase in wealth in the last 24 years. So that means what the numbers are showing is the poor are getting poorer. Do you think that could be because we are losing so much of our industrial jobs ?? If so is having the highest corporate tax rate in the world going to help or hinder us in getting them back ??

  6. #246
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: House blocks funding for health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    .


    What do you do? What is your education level?

    How is it feasible to pay a hedge fund manager 800,000 times what a school teacher makes?


    Quite simple really, if that hedge fund manager makes 100 million or more, I can see him making a very substantial bonus, so you are saying if you came up with an idea or did something that made your company 100 million dollars , you think getting a few million dollar bonus is unjust ???

    I'll tell you this .. if a school teacher comes up with a way to save 100 million a year from the school budget .... I would be right in there lobbying for he/she to be paid for it
    Last edited by The Barbarian; 02-24-11 at 08:21 PM.

  7. #247
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,306

    Re: House blocks funding for health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    What do you do? What is your education level?

    How is it feasible to pay a hedge fund manager 800,000 times what a school teacher makes?

    Well, after showing your arse like this, we know you aren't a rocket scientist. lol


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #248
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: House blocks funding for health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Okay those numbers are a bit more in line with what I figured, altho I would still question why children are being included in those numbers, seeing they said young adults and children, I'm going to assume the children are under 18, and should still be in school . In using children in their equation it can only help that number. Also, I don't think it should be any surprise to anyone that more people on the lower end of the scale lost their jobs in 2009 then did those in the upper. That alone would spread that gap quite a bit.

    Another interesting fact on this page is this
    At the top, the wealthiest 5% of Americans, who earn more than $180,000, added slightly to their annual incomes last year, Census data show

    So your whole article is saying what I've said, the rich aren't getting richer, as I showed in the increase in wealth in the last 24 years. So that means what the numbers are showing is the poor are getting poorer. Do you think that could be because we are losing so much of our industrial jobs ?? If so is having the highest corporate tax rate in the world going to help or hinder us in getting them back ??
    Nice spin,
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #249
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: House blocks funding for health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Quite simple really, if that hedge fund manager makes 100 million or more, I can see him making a very substantial bonus, so you are saying if you came up with an idea or did something that made your company 100 million dollars , you think getting a few million dollar bonus is unjust ???

    I'll tell you this .. if a school teacher comes up with a way to save 100 million a year from the school budget .... I would be right in there lobbying for he/she to be paid for it
    You defend the bankers that skim millions from citizens pensions yet deny a teacher of our future citizens, $75,000 a year? We can have a future without hedge fund managers, we cannot have much of a future with a non-educated workforce.

    So the battle between wall street and main street continues.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #250
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    03-23-13 @ 02:33 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,265

    Re: House blocks funding for health care law

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    You defend the bankers that skim millions from citizens pensions yet deny a teacher of our future citizens, $75,000 a year? We can have a future without hedge fund managers, we cannot have much of a future with a non-educated workforce.

    So the battle between wall street and main street continues.
    What Is a Hedge Fund?

    Perhaps you should educate yourself as to what a hedge fund manager is. before coming back to spew the nonsense you spew, that doesn't even have a bit of truth to it.

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •